Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: gpSP 0.9 - GBA Emulator for the PSP (full speed)

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Well, first of all, Final Fantasy V Advance (U) runs great using this emulator on a 1.50 PSP. So it may be eLoader related. I'll try it again but I'm pretty sure it runs even better than it did in 0.8 Second, I know you think its risky but its really not. You should really downgrade to 1.50 or downgrade/upgrade to 2.71 SE.
    Okay, again, FFV runs quite well on Kai, with a frameskip of zero in the 2-D parts. Almost perfect. I have to change the frameskip to 2 or 3 while flying the airship if I want smooth sound, though. On the official release, however, even with a frameskip as high as 6 the sound was still choppy, and anything higer than 6 the animations looked, well, jerky.

So, yes, you may be right, eloader MAY be the cause of the problems with the official release.

Downgrading is not an option for me. I have the right board to do so, but I don't want to have to use devhook to play my UMD games, and have to face the possibility that new games are more than likely not going to work. So, upgrading to 2.7 may be a possibility, but for now, I'll stick with eloader.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    Typos?

HAHA, busted...

I was on a rant... :rofl:

just a little side note.. those wanting to play yoshi's island . . . snes9x_tyl plays it almost flawlessly with the correct settings. try some experimenting.

also.. the snes version is superior to the GBA version (I dont like the way the landscape in the Mario Advance games seem to be sort of zoomed in) so, yeah, give snes9x a shot instead.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy it doesn't work...

it doesn't work in my 2.8 psp...
    with the eloader, i get a black screen and then my psp restarts.
    with the xloader, gpsp starts but when it loads a game, it crashes...(advance wars seems to run ok and tales of the world narikiri dungeon 2 loads but when i get to the menu i get the black screen...)

i am using HEN D with devhook to emulate 1.5 and i have to say, this emulator just made my day!! kingdom hearts works when i added my saved file, yoshi story doesnt work but i have ideas on how to make it work so i dont have a problem there, none of my games have sound problems or lagging problems

i wanna see how much a difference gpsp 1.0 is gonna be, :P lol

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza042 View Post
    See, this is more like the adult response I expected, unlike other people's response. I honestly never expected to REALLY hurt anyone's feelings over this, I was simply stating what worked for me.

Katta may have totally screwed Exophases code, and I never claimed otherwise. I'm no coder, simply a casual gamer. I know that Exophase released the original gpsp, I tried 0.8 LONG before I ever tried Kai. I had 0.8 working pretty well, with a high frameskip, games were playable mostly with bad sound. Having both emulators side by side with the same settings, though, I see that Kai works better for me on "most" games that I have tried, and without most of the glitches in sound.
    And so, is it a reason for Katta not to submit his modifications to Exophase so the latter can integrate those modifications instead of forking a project where Katta is not the author of even 1% of code ?

Just wanted tell Exophase that he rocks, thanks and keep up the good work!

DCEmu Newbie

Question

hey, exophase, couldn't u do a gpsp compatible with 2.8, please?????

DCEmu Rookie

^^^ Give me a break. Get off this guy's back. "Gameover", Exophase shouldn't have to just hear how you want an emulator for your 2.8... He is a great man, who has worked hard for us, giving us a free emulator that works near perfect. The least you could do is say thank you, and then go to Ebay and buy a cheap 1.5 FW PSP... It is much more urgent that he fix compat issues, than it is to release this for 2.8 (lol...).

Thanks again exhophase! You're the man!!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by hlide View Post
    And so, is it a reason for Katta not to submit his modifications to Exophase so the latter can integrate those modifications instead of forking a project where Katta is not the author of even 1% of code ?

Dude, I totally agree with you, I think that Katta needs to communicate with Exophase, just to see what he did to make it work so well for some and not at all for others. I think that if katta spoke (better? any?) English, maybe the two of them could collaborate and actually make the emulator MORE compatible for everyone, even those of us that don't want to upgrade. I doubt that will happen though, because Exophase probably wouldn't piss on Katta if he was on fire.

Thread Information