Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DCaSTaway Release Candidate - 1. Experiences

DCEmu Regular

bump!

DCEmu Newbie

only real problem is the speed it takes to read a DIR with games in, seems to take forever, ill go out the room and do stuff and come back in and its still cataloging the folder

also in 60hz the music constantly jumps, when vsync'ing, the music needs to be speeded up 20% with display, either by uping the sample rate (pal60) or the timing needs to be 20% faster (ntsc)

thats my only 2 gripes, dir caching is the main one i think

DCEmu Newbie

ok, i answer this one myself.. as i realised you have to run mkcache.exe in the games dir to generate a text file, which speeds up the dir chaching

thing is, it crashes while running in some of my folders.. seems like it cant handle some of the files, and as theres no log, i cant see which file it is crashing on !!

another thing:-
    Lemmings 1 and Oh No more lemmings dont work, ive tried like 5 different crack versions of each

is it possible we can get these great games working?

Thanks, i will try patch Lemmings games for next release (and maybe the LAST release).

No easy task synchronize 50Hz games under 60Hz Dreamcast. I will try a workaround.

DCEmu Rookie

Any chance to improve the saving? Didn't work for me at all despite having a empty Memory Card. That would make the emulator almost perfect for me, I don't mind the directory listing that much.

DCEmu Newbie

i found another bug, some games the fire button doesnt work properly, and only seems to work if you are pressing in a direction too.. quite a few games do it, say 20 out of 250 i tested, something like that, cant remember them all, but Savage is one of them

DCEmu Newbie

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by chui
    Thanks, i will try patch Lemmings games for next release (and maybe the LAST release).

No easy task synchronize 50Hz games under 60Hz Dreamcast. I will try a workaround.
    i was thinking to 'force' the st emulation in 60hz, just like running the st in 60hz - you know when switching in some game menus etc.

then the music will be 20% faster, rather than just frame rate

the gfx are running 60hz ok

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fil
    i found another bug, some games the fire button doesnt work properly, and only seems to work if you are pressing in a direction too.. quite a few games do it, say 20 out of 250 i tested, something like that, cant remember them all, but Savage is one of them
    correction on this, i found that this can happen on only certain versions of the game

on dragon breed for instance, on the automation 373 disc, the fire works ok, but on the bad boy crew (or flame of finland cant remember which) the fire wont work unless you are pushing in a direction, which makes the game unplayable.. so seems to be an issue with something other than the actual game, happened on about 25 games out of all the ones ive tested

DCEmu Newbie

ok, all the version of ghosts n goblins i tested all had a problem with fire button, and if you do a certain combination it escapes the game, almost like the joystick mapping is mapped wrong

DCEmu Newbie

compiled a list of non-working games, tried every available crack and compilation:-

Afterburner
    Archer Maclean's Pool
    Atomix
    Apprentice
    Awesome
    Brat
    Chuckie Egg 1
    Enchanted land
    Exile
    Flimbo's Quest
    Gods
    Hunter