Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chankast to Xbox Port Rumour

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: Chankast to Xbox Port Rumour

W00t just got chankast workin on a 486. All I had to do was invert the windows 3.1 drivers then remove the motherboard and throw it out the window. Next I took a band new one, put in a P4 3.2GHz chip 512MB ram 80GB hard drive and a radeon 5700. Installed XP and bingo, it worked!

Default <

you probably all were hoping i was dead... BUT IM BACK.
    and they first thing to catch my eye on this site was &quot;Chankast to Xbox Port Rumour&quot;. Apparently, according to quazar (whom as far as i know, knows his stuff) The DC cannot fully be emulated on the Xbox due to lack of processing power, among other things. I am sure that the xbox has enough juice to do something with the emulator, but the question is, is it really worth it? I see no real point in doing it if its just going to be used by warez kiddies to *possibly* play some games. The chankast cant play many homebrews right now, and even if it could, what would the point of playing them in as bad of quallity as an emulator being ported during its alpha stage.

Nice to be back once again.

Hello &amp; welcome back

xBox is too slow.

The SH4 with 200Mhz is comparable fast as the 700MHz x86 of the xBox.

But I'll believe it if someone releases a preview

Chris

Dream Coder

lol. someone thinks i know something. w00t.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

I hate this &quot;OMG its gonna be used for warez&quot; Guess what 95% of emulator users are using the emulators for warez. Get over it. It doesnt make it any less of a reason to make emulator for just warez. Getting a emulator working is still great feat anways.

Dream Coder

If it can only be used for warez makes it very different from being able to read real media or not. Since there is obviously no moral or legal way i can appeal to you to understand why its bad for an emulator to only be able to use warez, suffice it to say that discussion of warez and warez related things is not allowed on this site and so we dont want to hear about it if some warez only thing is gonna exist.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Pro

but if it can run homebrew then it wont be entirely warez.

Dream Coder

there are already DC emulators that can run homebrew.

I dont know if you were here when it first came out but there was a huge controversy because i didnt play homebrew. It would only play commercial games. Homebrew was somehow hacked into it afterwards. I seriously feel that this emulator works a lot off of HLEd stuff and is really then not an effort to document the hardware (the actual purpose of emulators, well most of them and legally) and it dosnt play a lot of homebrew.

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=Hola link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1090323867;start=60#64 date=07/25/04 at 01:25:19]I hate this &quot;OMG its gonna be used for warez&quot; Guess what 95% of emulator users are using the emulators for warez. Get over it. It doesnt make it any less of a reason to make emulator for just warez. Getting a emulator working is still great feat anways.[/quote]

It's the intentions, the authors of mame had the intention, of creating something for the arcade hobbyist.
    If you have a broken arcade PCB you could almost repair it just from the source and comments in mame, you also can have access to romsets/proms to get dead boards working again. it's an excellent reference for
    jumper/dipswitch settings and lastly you could use your PC to play a game rather than risk having a precious boardset blown by a faulty powersupply. The romsets
    were shared long before mame existed, this was mainly
    becuase the companies themselves didn't actully have
    copies of the the roms, and was done with a partial
    blessing from most companies..

When you look at chankcast.. there is no source to assist people to code.. they've even got stuff working in there that no-one to date has figured out. If the mame
    team had done a Naomi emulator, then the entire project would be out in the open

Dream Coder

But then of course you get to the reason WHY the mame team dosnt do a Naomi emulator. Because of the commercial viability of such a thing. They avoid giving mame the capacity to play games that are still being sold so as to not harm the companies.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information