Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEO4ALL & AES4ALL released !

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the releases guys...

... But this is REALLY pissing me off. I never have trouble with any of the DC emulators or anything... But I'm having major troubles with the new AES4All.

I got all the files, put them in their places.. Made a selfboot image, and it loads up fine... Now, when I try to select a rom, a window appears for a split second, then bang... It's gone... Back to the main menu. I thought maybe I needed a "Roms" folder, even though you didn't include it... So I tried a CD with a "Roms" folder on it... Same thing... It didn't work.

So I read the readme... And noticed you said we had to "rebuild" the .aes files... You didn't leave us any directions on how to do this, so I assumed you meant using "convertneo" to convert them again from their original roms... Which would be pointless right? As they aren't changed from when I did it from the old release... But I did it anyway.... And nothing.

Any one want to please, PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong? How do I rebuild the .aes files? I've NEVER had trouble with emulators or homebrew before, and it's really pissing me off

Thanks in advance

DCEmu Newbie

hei boys! I not found the last verison of Neo4all in this link:

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/neo4all.html

the web page loaded to half!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cho Aniki View Post
    Is there any way to make the convertor tool convert multiple roms in a row? or can someone make a simple gui where one can just drag the whole set onto a menu and click Go.
    I use GNU/Linux command line for this: a simple 'for' or 'find' and convertneo tool.

Its very important rebuild all .AES for this version and dont forget copy new .PRF files generated (only when exits prefetch).

Quote Originally Posted by Wugy View Post
    hei boys! I not found the last verison of Neo4all in this link:

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/neo4all.html

the web page loaded to half!?!
    http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/neo4all-rc3.rar
    http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/aes4all-beta2.rar

DCEmu Newbie

Chui you mentioned using the old .aes files as source for compiling new ones. But every time I try this the convertneo tool tells me "no valid rom set found"...
    Do I need to rename the files or prepare them in any way. What command do I use exactly for this...?

Quote Originally Posted by evilantal View Post
    Chui you mentioned using the old .aes files as source for compiling new ones. But every time I try this the convertneo tool tells me "no valid rom set found"...
    Do I need to rename the files or prepare them in any way. What command do I use exactly for this...?
    Maybe its a problem with convertneo linux binary, try to use windows binary or recompile for linux from source.

But under Windows, sometimes happens something like that when convertneo can not read romrc file, try to copy first your old .aes files to directory where convertneo.exe and romrc resides.

SORRY SORRY!

Convertneo had a stupid bug, please download newest fix:
    http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/aes4all-beta2-fix.rar

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks chui!
    I'll give it a try tonight...

Thanks a lot, Chui, I didn't have time to try out AES4All yet. Will do now that this bugfix is out.

DCEmu Newbie

Is it all right to delete the aes_bg0_0.png files? I imagine any space freed up from the DC's limited ram would help performance . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobablob View Post
    Is it all right to delete the aes_bg0_0.png files? I imagine any space freed up from the DC's limited ram would help performance . . .
    Dont delete any *.png file if you want work.
    If you want use max ram available, use stand-alone version.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information