Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

DCEmu Newbie

Hey. This is the first emulator I've tried to run on the PSP, and I'm having varying degrees of success.

Metal Slug won't work for some reason. It's a bunch of different files, and I made them all .ngc. They show up as loadable, but it tells me that there's an "Unhandled Opcode error" and redirects me back to the main emulator screen whenever I try to run any of them.

Do you think this is a problem with the rom source? I tried it with Samurai Shodown 2 as well, and the same error popped up.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by bolt
    Hey. This is the first emulator I've tried to run on the PSP, and I'm having varying degrees of success.

Metal Slug won't work for some reason. It's a bunch of different files, and I made them all .ngc. They show up as loadable, but it tells me that there's an "Unhandled Opcode error" and redirects me back to the main emulator screen whenever I try to run any of them.

Do you think this is a problem with the rom source? I tried it with Samurai Shodown 2 as well, and the same error popped up.
    Few things. If the file you download is archived (.zip/.rar/.ace), make sure to unzip them to get to the actual rom file.

Second check the rom on the pc build of neopop to verify it's a good rom from the start.

Hope that helps.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    Few things. If the file you download is archived (.zip/.rar/.ace), make sure to unzip them to get to the actual rom file.

Second check the rom on the pc build of neopop to verify it's a good rom from the start.

Hope that helps.
    Oh, yeah... I should probably get NeoPop. SILLY ME! I'll get it when I get home; I'm at school right now.

I downloaded a copy of Metal Slug: First Mission, and it seemed to work. Now, that was only a single file in the .zip- is that what was wrong? And if it was, do you know a good place where I can get a single-file copy of any of the Metal Slug games, barring the Pocket Color ones (I already have those)?

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by bolt
    Oh, yeah... I should probably get NeoPop. SILLY ME! I'll get it when I get home; I'm at school right now.

I downloaded a copy of Metal Slug: First Mission, and it seemed to work. Now, that was only a single file in the .zip- is that what was wrong? And if it was, do you know a good place where I can get a single-file copy of any of the Metal Slug games, barring the Pocket Color ones (I already have those)?
    Roms should only be a single fine tobegin with. It should be small enough that if you download the game in a .zip just extract and copy the .ngp or .ngc file over to your psp.

As for sites. I will not give out or name rom sites. I dont aprove of that so please dont ask here again.

DCEmu Newbie

hello all, i am having a problem. when i try to load a rom nothing happens. i press every single button when i have "load rom" highlighted and nothing happens. the rom is puzzle bobble ngp. can someone help me out. i have a fw1.5 psp. i have the rom in the roms folder.

DCEmu Newbie

Default I'm afraid I cant get it to work

hi,

I cant get the emulator to work. Whenever I choose it from the menu (games>memory stick) I get the message 'this game cannot be started. The data is corrupted'

It doesnt matter what roms I use, or even if I use no roms at all.

I use the latest version of the emulator. EBOOT.PBP date is 15/9/2005

I use firmware version 2.0 of the PSP

Can anyone help?

rgds,
    maarten

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by peetycool
    hello all, i am having a problem. when i try to load a rom nothing happens. i press every single button when i have "load rom" highlighted and nothing happens. the rom is puzzle bobble ngp. can someone help me out. i have a fw1.5 psp. i have the rom in the roms folder.
    i am having the same problem. someone help. i have tried everything. im thinking u might need some bios or something.

DCEmu Newbie

Will 2.6 play this emulater, and if it cant, is there way I can downgrade it to 2.0 or 1.5

No it cannot play this emulator, and no there is no way to downgrade from that firmware (Currently)
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy 1 single rom vs several roms

I think I have the same problem as Bolt :
    I have these (R*m hustler) Metal slug 3, 4 & 5 zip files but each of them are not made of 1 single rom but many of them ! so even after I rename each one of them, I still cannot run any of these games. Help please, Thanks a lot !
    attached is a picture of all the roms for Metal Slug 2

Thread Information