Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

Quote Originally Posted by galactic
    hum sorry.. but i download bust a move's Rom and i put it into ROM directory but when i'm lauch the emulator and click "load rom" it doesn't works.
    anybody can help me?
    you have to name the rom rom.ngp in the rom folder and you can just name the others rom1.ngp rom2.ngp and so on to have a bunch of games on there the emu is still real slow with most games

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by slayer2psp
    you have to name the rom rom.ngp in the rom folder and you can just name the others rom1.ngp rom2.ngp and so on to have a bunch of games on there the emu is still real slow with most games
    Your off man.

Old builds needed rom.ngp name. Not anymore. This suports any name. Suported extensions are ngp, NGP, ngc & NGC.

As long as the roms are in "\PSP\GAME\NGPSP\ROMS\" folder your all set.

DCEmu Newbie

I just dont know what my problem is with this emulator on my psp. I believe i have downloaded the newest version as it has a sound option and a screen adjust option...however when I press circle on the load rom text nothing happens. I have Samurai Showdown and I named it rom.ngp in the directory:

PSP/GAME/PSPNGP%/ROMS and just to be safe i even put a rom.ngp in the main directory.

Please note I am using 1.5 firmware and installed the emulator via KXploit tool 0.3.

If someone could help me that would be great...sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i have been searching all day and i figured the best place to go would be the source or creator of the emulator.

On another note I do graphic design and im willing to create a logo for your menus...I can even do sound if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by nexis2600
    Your off man.

Old builds needed rom.ngp name. Not anymore. This suports any name. Suported extensions are ngp, NGP, ngc & NGC.

As long as the roms are in "\PSP\GAME\NGPSP\ROMS\" folder your all set.
    thats the only way i could get it to read the roms so thats how it worked on mine i have a 1.5 and im using the newest version of the emu

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mp0w3r
    I just dont know what my problem is with this emulator on my psp. I believe i have downloaded the newest version as it has a sound option and a screen adjust option...however when I press circle on the load rom text nothing happens. I have Samurai Showdown and I named it rom.ngp in the directory:

PSP/GAME/PSPNGP%/ROMS and just to be safe i even put a rom.ngp in the main directory.

Please note I am using 1.5 firmware and installed the emulator via KXploit tool 0.3.

If someone could help me that would be great...sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i have been searching all day and i figured the best place to go would be the source or creator of the emulator.

On another note I do graphic design and im willing to create a logo for your menus...I can even do sound if you like.
    Read the post above yours. You dont need the roms in the same folder as ngPsp eboot (specialy since you 1.5 guys are having a hack of a time).

Just put the roms into "psp\games\ngpsp\roms\" and it will find them. The emulator only looks in that folder regardless of where the eboot file is.

Oh and feel free to do some art. If I like it I will definantly contact you about using it in th next build!!

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by slayer2psp
    thats the only way i could get it to read the roms so thats how it worked on mine i have a 1.5 and im using the newest version of the emu
    Thats an odd thing. I will need to bug someone with a 1.5 to try it out. Its fixed paths that could careless about what version your running on. as long as they are in the folder listed, they are not zipped and the extension is .ngp/.ngc/.NGP/.NGC it should be all dandy.

DCEmu Newbie

nexis is there any way i can help you to clean up the source and help get a smoother framerate? I know a little java and pascal but I think this might be a little harder then that . I would like to help you in any way i can tho. I believe that this could be one of the best emu's ever on the psp.

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mp0w3r
    nexis is there any way i can help you to clean up the source and help get a smoother framerate? I know a little java and pascal but I think this might be a little harder then that . I would like to help you in any way i can tho. I believe that this could be one of the best emu's ever on the psp.
    Sadly it's all in C. The entire core was writen for scanline accuracy. There are some rewriting that could be done in the graphics code & as well maybe make some faster memory fetching routines. Once I get a few more things sorted out (like audio). I will be checking into the cpu to improve opcodes.

DCEmu Newbie

Great work. I'd hate to put my real Neo Geo Pocket in the closet, but this might force me to (I'll miss the thumbstick, though).
    One stupid complaint: I understand the fixed-directory system you have in place, but is there anyway you might consider changing it? It's purely for cosmetic purposes, but basically I'm just trying to find a way to hide all corrupted data icons using the 32-character limit on the 1.50 PSP, and having a fixed directory for roms bypasses that.
    I'm sure programming a file-browser would be a pain, but maybe including a config file with a pointer that can be edited in a text editor would be easy to implement. I dunno. Just a suggestion.
    Again, great work.

DCEmu Newbie

Default how do you use neogeo pocket emu using ksploit?

how do you use neogeo pocket emu using ksploit?

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information