Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N64 Emulator Project - Need Coders! - N64 Emulator for Wii & Gamecube

DCEmu Newbie

Have Nintendo's updates really killed interest in creating these emulators?

Because you know, GBA and N64 really are the final frontiers. That's all we need.

One or the other would suit me just fine.

Since Nintendo can't update the GC, sure, create the emulators. I'm ordering my SDML for my GAMECUBE...I've (sadly) already updated my Wii to 3.0, ah well, have to wait for (hopes of) a downgrader, hopefully when the Action Replay for Wii comes out there will be something like the GC SDLoad method (and the Wii has a built in SD Port :P ).

I'd really like an n64 for Cube though, because playing the good old games on a TV is much better than looking at distorted, upscaled, low-res images on a computer monitor. As long as it loads ROM's from SD, I'm good (I don't have a DVD-RW drive, mine's only + so I can't burn DVD's for the GC )

DCEmu Newbie

If you want to run gamecube/wii homebrew emulator with the 3.0 firmware on your wii, simply use this disc builder to create you own disc, you can add roms into BootDisk roms directory. Only if you have modchip ^^. I didn't try sd media launcher since the update

http://xreppa.free.fr/Wii-GC/Wii-GC-...ig-BootDisk.7z

With it you can :

- Boot GCOS so boot other disc after (wiikey config for example)
    - Include all gc emulator (just missing scumm)
    - All Known GC homebrew (Include Quake, and Doom, must have a gecko for quake)
    - Media PLayer and Media Player DVD
    - DVD Dumper from emukikid (you rock emu ^^)
    - SD Load

Have Fun

I know this is off topic, but is there any media player that works with the SDML, loading files off the SD? I'd like to use my GC as an mp3 or video player

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
    I know this is off topic, but is there any media player that works with the SDML, loading files off the SD? I'd like to use my GC as an mp3 or video player
    It's called Mortboot, and don't bother.

MP3s play okay, but videos are a total mess.

At best, they're extremely choppy.

The Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, and Xbox all have video solutions that work better than the Cube.

That's weird, usually the first thing consoles get is a media player...and there's nothing good for the Cube.

If I knew how decoders worked, I'd try porting one, but after I get an SD Media Launcher, the idiots at Datel said my order didn't go through so I'm not even going to try ordering from their site again.

Quote Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
    Since Nintendo can't update the GC, sure, create the emulators. I'm ordering my SDML for my GAMECUBE...I've (sadly) already updated my Wii to 3.0, ah well, have to wait for (hopes of) a downgrader, hopefully when the Action Replay for Wii comes out there will be something like the GC SDLoad method (and the Wii has a built in SD Port :P ).

I'd really like an n64 for Cube though, because playing the good old games on a TV is much better than looking at distorted, upscaled, low-res images on a computer monitor. As long as it loads ROM's from SD, I'm good (I don't have a DVD-RW drive, mine's only + so I can't burn DVD's for the GC )

SDML is blocked for Wii for last firmware. Don't buy it. However you can still play in Wii with SD Gecko if you already own a modchip. Think about running an Action Replay backup or a SDLoad autoboot disc. Nintendo can't brick SD Gekko :thumbup:

I'm not intending to use it on a Wii...I'm buying the SDML for my GameCube (purple, DOL-001 GC hardware with Serial 2 and Digital AV port). I'm going to hold off on the Wii until a good method for real homebrew appears (that doesn't involve internal mods, I can solder and stuff, but I don't want to have a modded console). The SDML is the seemingly only all-in-one solution, new AR's can't enter codes (though I think I found a place to buy the old kind, which I'm going to buy along with my SDML...Datel messed up and terminated my order so I am NOT buying from there again). And I tried to find SD Gekko adapters but I only found them on eBay.

Wink

can't wait, the Emu for my Wii is slower than hell.

Oh, and you up there ^ There is another way to put Roms on your wii. Just download the twighlight hack and it patches you Zelda save file. It's quick and easy. It's how I do it! :thumbup:
    Last edited by RPGFREAK; January 16th, 2009 at 03:49.

DCEmu Newbie

cant wait untill this is finished

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information