Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

DCEmu Newbie

Great job so far! This emulator is really looking good!

I just wanted to notify you of a couple of games that aren't working properly.

Lemmings (any version) works, but has a strange bug where the top half of the status bar will not scroll with the rest of the screen. It doesn't really affect gameplay much except for the fact that you have to scroll to the very left of the level to see how much time and lemmings you have, but it's still annoying.

Soldiers of Fortune (U)/The Chaos Engine (E) crashes the emulator when you try to load it. In the older versions of the emulator, the screen would go black and the PSP would turn off. In v1.6, you get a blue screen with some code/memory values, which you cannot exit from unless you turn off the PSP.

Also, didn't the older versions let you adjust the frameskip? I can't seem to find that option is 1.6, and I'd rather have a game like Sonic 3D Blast run a little slower instead of choppier.

Regardless of those problems, this emulator is coming along nicely, and I'm looking forward to future releases.

when ur goin to another emulator, go straight from the game to the home button. if ur changing genesis games, just press select. genesis is the sports and side scroller console due to its fast processor, but it did have a few rpgs that was tight. shining, phantasy, landstalker. those were great games.

da relic

SOUGEN! WHAOMG!
    awesome work man ^_^. I love all the screen sizes. Save sate... don't work, lol. You still need a way to get back in game if you hit select and go to the om selector. But I LOVE that the hangup is gone. And I dont recall having a problem with getting back to the OS. I used the 1.15 version all day on the ride to Busch Gardens, and got really far in Sonic 2 w/o the hangup! W00t for me. This is such a great emulator ^_^ I give you great props. you = PSP King!

PSP = immense power of the sun.
    Sougen = Apollo!

=D
    thanks for the great fix man! I mean... your highness.... now, time to try v1.16!
    and thanks so much for giving us another great release sir!

DCEmu Newbie

Congratulations for this 0.16 build of genesis emulator, and especially for the Save/Load states which is working very well.

I have tried some games, they all seems to are 100% good emulated. Anyway I have noticed that the framerate is low with the game "Quack Shot". And there is an issue at the end of "Street of Rage 1", after have defeated the final boss of stage 8, it's impossible to pass the score screen, counting points don't want to stop.

About all this speed crap. Genesis acurracy in emulation can be much less and still run games where as snes has to next to excate. Genesis is just a simpler hardware to emulate. Ask some DC coders. Plus Snes has much harder sound and graphic chips to emulate not to mention all the special chips. Snes was around 4mhz and genesis was 6. I'm not 100% sure on those and i really dont care to check the tech faq. Genesis = stronger cpu, snes = stronger video and audio.

PSP Coder

Sougen this is amazing work please keep it up.
    And I agree about the source bull$#@!... thanks for releasing it but dizzamn what a mess!
    I think I'll hold off tweaking it for a bit.

But tweaks I would want to work on mainly concern my fave game NHL 94:

When the YM processor is used for sound (organ music, crowd cheers), the frame rate takes a major hit. When there is no organ music playing (the chip is idle) it's full-speed @ 333MHz.
    I guess optimizations to the YM code is on the todo list.

Also, SRAM saving doesn't work on that title. I think it used a different battery saving method.

Keep it up, I look forward to tweaking
    Rigt now I'm getting errors compiling the source, even though I have the latest pspsdk installed (just svn'd it yesterday).
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T : the proper places and people deserve it

DCEmu Rookie

When trying to go back to the psp home menu it will flicker and then turn the system off. Other than that its great...and I look forward to the UI update.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Genesis

Main CPU: 16-Bit Motorola M68000 16 bit processor running at 7.67 MHz
    Sound SPU: Zilog Z80A running at 3.58 MHz¹
    RAM: 64 Kbytes
    ROM: 1 Mbyte (8 Mbit)
    Video RAM: 64 Kbytes
    Graphics: VDP (Video Display Processor) dedicated VDP for playfield and sprite control
    3 Planes, 2 Scrolling Playfields, 1 Sprite Plane

SNES

CPU: Nintendo custom '5A22', believed to be produced by Ricoh; based around a 16-bit CMD/GTE 65c816 (a predecessor of the WDC65C816). The CPU runs the 65c816-alike core with a variable-speed bus, with bus access times determined by addresses accessed, with a clockspeed of 3.58 MHz. The SNES/SFC provided the CPU with 128 KB of Work RAM.

Yes the Snes is harder to emulate but not because of its more advanced then the Genesis but because of the custom chipsets Nintendo uses as well as all the custom chips many game developers used on the carts them selves.

(such as the C4 chip for Mega Man X2 and 3)

That i can agree with you Canned Soup on the part about it being harder to emulate. But please do not say its because the Snes is a "much more advanced" console. Anyway this is gone off topic so I'll end this argument here.

Because advance isnt a good way to describle advance chipsets and special hardware that extremly hard to emulate. *rolls eyes*

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CannedSoup
    Because advance isnt a good way to describle advance chipsets and special hardware that extremly hard to emulate. *rolls eyes*
    No because "advance chipsets" and "special hardware" doesn't really mean anything. Next time have facts to back your argument.

Thread Information