Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you change the Nintendo Wii?

Blog Entries

Rev How would you change the Nintendo Wii?

via engadget

Since we've already sent both of the other major consoles through the wringer -- along with the two most popular handheld units -- it wouldn't really be fair if we didn't come together as a family and give Nintendo's Wii the most bitter critiquing of its young life, now would it? There's no real debating the fact that this innovative gaming platform has not only become a success in and of itself but fundamentally influenced the way we interact with our devices as well, yet it's certainly far from the perfect product, and there are a number of things we're sure you'd like to see added / changed / removed. For instance, it would pretty sweet if I could use this thing as my DVD player too. Or, why is it so dang hard to befriend someone? And of course, this being 2007 and all, where's that HD already?

Bonus: While no one really complains about this much anymore, as we recall, the name "Wii" wasn't all that well received among haters and fanboys alike when it was first revealed. Since this post is all about changes, we also want to know: if you could go back in time, how would you have branded Nintendo's worldwide hit?

Blog Entries

i have faith in nintendo. the system is what it should be. plus the wii already can play dvd's its just not enabled..

i expect "DVD Playback" in the Wii Ware section at some point to enable it.

DCEmu Newbie

I just want nintendo to include pointer calibration in one of their updates. hey, the DS has it so why not the wii? maybe that's what will set MP3 apart from the previous wii shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by rokobungi View Post
    I just want nintendo to include pointer calibration in one of their updates. hey, the DS has it so why not the wii? maybe that's what will set MP3 apart from the previous wii shooters.
    Some games already have it. I think the mini-games on Super Monkey Ball were the first thing I've seen use it. You had to keep the pointer in the center of the screen for a few seconds before the mini-game started.

@Topic:
    I think one good thing to make the Wii better would be to add Wii control functionality to some of the VC games. Playing Mario Paint with the Wii controler would be awesome... As would playing racing games like F-Zero by tilting the controler left and right.

Super Scope games would work good too. All 3 of them :rofl:.

I wish they had more mature games but im not saying Wii isnt immature I love mine I just wish they had more hardcore games. I love the Wii and thats probably the only thing I would change.

I guess they could change the way you control some of the games to a more creative way, something like the DBZ game controls
    Another thing I thought of today is including an option of taking snapshots of the games in the menu that appears when the "home" button is pressed and saving those snapshots as pictures in the "Photo Channel". (Its a great time passing occupation solving the puzzles in the photo channel )

Hello:

Is there anything Nintendo could learn from Sony is multimedia functionality. The PS2 by itself can play DVD movies. It is true that DVD players are cheaper these days. But, if you want the whole family in the living room, playing games will not be enough. Sometimes, you can just want to watch a movie or two. With less cables and less equipment to connect to the TV, DVD playback on Wii will be the best choice. And still, Nintendo can keep the price as low as it is.

Altough HiDef will be a nice addition, it doesn't mean the game will be fun. I agree to keep simpler 480p widescreen as choice to plug the Wii to an HDTV.

On media storage, I think the Wii needs more space. Considering the amount of storage need for saves, VC games and Mii's, If they want to stick with a flash ROM and the SD card, at least an internal memory of 4GB would be fair enough.

Blog Entries

HD wont happen. ninty thinks that it will be at least 5 years before hd is in most homes. ironically 5 years is about a systems lifespan.

DCEmu Newbie

I think the wii itself is good as it is, just the controller could be a bit more precise and a bit less light sensitive.

DCEmu Rookie

The way I see it the Wii should have had VR headsets! They cost a ton for PC, £800 odd, but in reality its just 2 screens and a giro.. if the DS is so cheap as such then making vr headset would be easy.
    Incorporating the headset would be easy as pie in games.. still use yer wiimote.. you sit there and have free head motion, move around with the nunchuck, and aim where y9ou like with the wiimote.. would be sick.
    Other than this I think wii just needs more games of dif types. Some point and click adventures would go down.. monkey island style.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information