Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help getting any emulators working

DCEmu Newbie

Default Need help getting any emulators working

I've tried making several emulators and none want to work, I've wasted alot of cd's trying and I'm getting frustrated to the point of giving up on the whole idea. I've followed many tutorials from several sites and used the files from those sites and all end up in my "DC Coaster Works" ;D stack of useless cd's. I've tried using Selfboot, DSSB and the NesterDC one with the tutorial included. I always use Nero images with Nero 5.5.5.1 and write at only 2x on a pc with windows 98se. I have done this to make a couple of boot discs and they always work but not the emulators. I have more than enough space on my HD, so thats not the problem. They burn successfully but when I try them in my DC, they get to the orange Sega swirl logo then kick out to the music cd screen, which says there are 2 tracks usually 3-4 mins. but it won't even let me try to play the audio track. And when I tried to put it in my PC to check the disc, it sits there trying to read it over and over with no luck. Anyone know what the problem might be? I'm only trying NesterDC until I get the problem solved if that helps. If you need any other info. just ask. Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Need help getting any emulators working

I was wondering if the problem might be either I need to make a TAO Nero image instead of DAO, or I noticed my burner had that "Auto Insert" thing checked and maybe that is the problem??? I would not think this is the problem since I have made boot discs and a homebrew game that work with DAO and the auto insert on. Anyone have any ideas?

Try TAO some people have had those problems and also i have no clue what auto insert is so i couldnt help you there

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

use dream inducer, its the best www.sbiffy.com

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks, I'll try with dream inducer and TAO. But I'm low on cd's, never used dream inducer and the many tutorials I've read have confused me. What are all the files I need for this? Do I just need a NesterDC sbi and dream inducer or plain files, scrambled, unscrambled, theme?? Thanks again.

You just need SBInducer v4 and the NesterDC SBI. I would suggest getting the NesterDC 6 SBI instead of v7.1.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Newbie

Cool, thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

DCEmu Newbie

This is turning out to be a mystery suitable for Columbo.....or possibly Scooby Doo. :P The more I try, the more questions I have.

I used SBInducer v4, NesterDC 6 SBI, made a Nero TAO image......then when I went to burn I got the "Are you sure you want to use DAO" warning.....is that supposed to happen??
    Everything I've ever burned has been with DAO and I have never wasted a single cd........until I tried burning these emus......what is so different about the emus?? I've made boot discs, video players, games, music, movies that all worked, why not the emus?? When I tried burning the Nero TAO image I made with SBInducer, it made it to 99% and failed saying something like "You cannot burn this track on this part of the disc with this burner" ??? I thought TAO was the "no mistakes" way of burning, but my burner burns DAO fine and messes up with TAO. :
    I noticed that while the image was being made, it said "Ip.bin + Boot file were NOT hacked" and "WinCE flag not set in Ip.bin"
    Is this the problem?? Am I missing something?

I tried burning the supposed TAO image that SBInducer created with both DAO and TAO.
    The DAO one, like all other DAO's I tried, burned successfully but could not be recognized by either my DC or the burner I used to burn it. This makes me think that something is making all the selfboot progs screw up the disc ID.
    When I burned it as TAO, as I said, it failed at 99%, but my burner can read it and the folders/files are on the disc. Yet my DC won't load it and only shows one track, almost like it burned the data track first instead of the audio dummy file.
    So, I'm stumped.
    I have a feeling I'm missing some stupid little prog. that will fix this. : I'm willing to waste one more cd(I think 15 coasters is enough >) and try again if anyone knows what might be wrong. If not, I say Goo'day to selfbooting and try non-sb.....thats pretty much fool proof isn't it??

Try using CDRecord to burn the disc. Avoid Nero altogether.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Newbie

Which would be the most fool proof, using CDRecord or just making a non-sb, I don't mind having to use a boot disc. I'd just rather have a sb than having to swap discs because I use a VGA box and I hate staring at that "Out of scan range" thing till games boot up in VGA. :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information