Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DragonDC v0.1 Released

Blog Entries

Thumbs up DragonDC v0.1 Released

Ron (http://www.dciberia.net/) has released the first demo of his Port of Sixxies Dragon 32/64 emulator to the Dreamcast Console,

What a day for the Dreamcast Scene

Download this new emulator for the Dreamcast from Here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dragondc.shtml or DCIberia Here --> http://www.dciberia.net/

THanks to Ron for a great release

Based on port made by Quzar of the famous Xroar emulator (Emulator of 32/64 Dragon and the Coco) developed by Ciaran Anscomb, almost already a year ago the project for the Dreamcast giveave and we have decided to rescue it because we want to bring to the DC whatever more emulators we pruned.

Now already we let you a demo version to prove it. It includes all the necessary one to work, although like Enterprise DC is still a DEMO and preliminary version that does not even have GUI and we put to you download with testing purposes . Like other emulators without GUI, this will support a GUI that will even do easy to handle it without keyboard, although are recommended.

Also 50/60 selectionable HERTZ by the user when sending are PAL/NTSC the emulator in the Dreamcast.

The DragonDC emulator already includes sound and at the moment as you still observe it they need adjustments as far as speed that stops future deliveries will be totally neat. DragonDC already has support of Joystick integrated for the future GUI.

Sorry for my english but it's translated by google, i 'm too busy today, will give more info further... thx by posting about my little contribution
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

DCEmu Regular

right on. way to go, Ron. 1 more step closer to Vic20 emulation, eh! Go Team! as always, You Rock. good luck with more stuff. So, what level of CoCo will this thing emulate, like, CoCo 3, and will it support American style coco games?

Hello and morning to all:

First some comments:

1) Thx to all for your support and real passion for Dreamcast.
    2) Thx to Troy (GPF) for solving my ENDIAN troubles with DC.
    3) Thx to Quzar, because he likes this kind of 80's 8 bit machines like others and me and he began to port this emu, in a different way of me, but with the same intentions.

This emulator is just the begin, it's in a very early stage of development. I hope next weeks can offer new releases with the target over speed, level of emulation and a nice GUI for emulation control.

At the moment in DC with a keyboard you should be able to manage same functions than in a PC, I mean keybd F1 to F12 Keys and combinations. The main problem is that DC has not way to show that info else that with dctool as console (with BBA or coders) all those tasks can be performed. This is not the right way to manage any emu and a GUI is being developed for this issue.

Once a common GUI (for all emulators) can be finnished and validated ( for tapes, disks, cartridges and emu control) future releases will be fully functional , at the moment all that functions are disabled but are implemented and tested. I hope that my little contribution to this awesome DC scene will increase the legacy of my preffered console.

Speaking of compatibility level of the emulator think that are mainly ports, and I was trying to keep as much as I can the compatibility ratio. Then should not be a pbm to have the same level emulation that PC versions. I need to improve several aspects of the emulators, so will be a nice entertainment for next weeks and a way to keep the DC Scene alive.

With EnterpriseDC, and now DragonDC my idea is to port as much as we can 8 bit computer and console emulators to DC. Next projects in mind are OricDC, (Oric 1 / Atmos), Vic20DC (Commdore Vic20), ZX81DC (Sinclair ZX81), JupiterDC (Jupiter ACE), SamCoupeDC (Sam Coupe), BBCmDC (BBC Micro Model B) as first attempt. Many other systems will come before to take the step to the rest of 16 bit computer systems still to be emulated on DC.

With people like JMD, Troy, Quzar, BlackAura, Stef, Fox68K, Sizious, Mekanaizer, Chui and many others tell me if it's not possible to reach our dreams in DC ?

At the moment that's all folks. I'll keep working.
    Thanks again
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

Dream Coder

Wow, how did I miss this?

Sorry I couldn't be of much help other than getting it to that first screen =P. Been really busy.

DCEmu Regular

Please, please, i mean not to sound selfish but the dc needs a better C=64 emu too. i live in the us, and dcfrodo don't work for hoot for me. i know it's probably on the list though, so, i'll just shut my mouth.

OH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD =D

oh mummy too much good news, ron but are you human?
    O_O you are a superman of emulation, i don't know what tell you, but a simple THANK YOU, is small.
    I' m a simple human, ^^ thank you, for all.

p.s. but the games work?

DCEmu Rookie

OMG!!! ron thankyou thankyou thankyou DID I remember to say thankyou? trs-80 was my first computer love radioshack!!! love my DC all good!!!

?? is that dragon thingy any good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information