Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From the creators of Gens and Neo4All comes... Gens4All!!

DCEmu Rookie

wow! so you ported m86k instructions to sh4? (now all we need is a bios hack and Sega CD and we can add Backwards compatabilty (though it should be with saturn)

-Dreamcast is like wine, the older, the better!-

Default yeah :)

This is the secret project you mentionned last december... great!!!
    i'm gonna test it, thank u so much for your work!!

Hi,

Let me first say, I have looked around on this site for absolute ages but I don't believe I have ever posted here before. I am Link from the old DC emulation forums. It has been a looooooong time since I have posted on any DC emu related forums. During my extended time of silence I have seen some pretty impressive stuff. In the last few months it seemed to slump a little......but now this. I have great respect for those working hard on Genesis Plus and I do believe it can go much further then it has. But hearing Gens has now been ported and being the prude that I am having already partially tested it.....I am nearly moved to tears. Since 2000 (I think that was the year) I have been the proud owner of a Black Sports Edition DC. I have breathed life back into that little box for many years. I have also had more fun out of it then any of my 30 or 40 other consoles. With all this said I need to say thank you for porting this. The compatibility of Genesis Plus is pretty high if you know how to work the options. However, right off the bat I tried one of my fave Genesis games, Landstalker. All I can say is.......my eyes danced with delight over a fully error free screen. To think my fave game of all time (Phantasy Star 4) will soon see perfect emulation on Dreamcast just does this old DC vet's heart too much good to put into words. I want to also thank all other homebrew authors out there......guys.......you have truly extended the life of our beloved DC, Thank you! I have to say from what I can see I am amazed at the compatibility.....blows me away totally. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Old DC vet,
    Link aka Black Phantom
    Last edited by Black_Phantom; March 11th, 2008 at 00:30.

DCEmu Newbie

iīve tried mortal kombat 3 and it works fine. It seems that has very good compatibility. Also the menu is nice, it has some errors (i know...itīs an alpha) but looks very "proffesional".
    Again: congratulations for porting one of the best genesis emulators to the DC!!!

Amazing work! What a great gift.

DCEmu Regular

You guys never STOP.
    Once again you did one step further.
    JUST one word.PERFECT.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, thanks a lot you guys! Great to see that the best homebrew scene in history is still alive and well!

DCEmu Rookie

OMG!!! I have been waiting for this day for years! check my previous posts THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

DCEmu Regular

This is freaking amazing! Thank you so much guys for all your hard work on porting this amazing emulator over to the DC. Also I don't know if it would be of any help but Notaz ported Dave's Picodrive to GP2X and has some nice options to speed up certain games without compramizing compatibility, such as 8-bit accurate 16-bit accurate and 8-bit fast render options. There's also an accurate timing option to keep everything in sync. Not sure what can or can't be added though since I am not really a programmer. I want to say thanks again. This project is crazy awesome! :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Is it just me, or does the selfbooting link for Gens4All produce a download with an error? This is the error I get in WinRAR:

! E:\Games\Dreamcast\gens4all-preview-selfboot.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Dunno why.. any help appreciated, thanks.
    Rifter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information