PDA

View Full Version : [Release](Red Alert Clone) RedaLua 1.0rev1

CoderX
June 4th, 2008, 04:06
CoderX has released an update to the Red Alert Clone, code named (RedaLua 1.0rev1 Beta2) Originally based on the work of Altair this new release adds may new features and several improvements to the over all game experience. The main Idea is it no longer crashes like the original used to do ^_^...!!! and after 2 years without an update this should be a welcomed release. Once again lets all thank Altair for creating this game in the first place. Sincerely CoderX

Changes:

Several Bug Fix
Slim / Phat Compatible
Sound Fix
Memory Fixed
Menu Update

Next Release:

Full AI
Start of Multiplayer

Here’s a screenshot:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn300/livestrong4815/Introop8.jpg

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/redlaertpsp.JPG

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

www.NovelBugz.com (http://www.novelbugz.com) - The Number one free source for buying and selling books online commission free.

Sterist
June 4th, 2008, 09:28
i remember the original release

looked forward to it, but it wasn´t playable from what i remember. looks like it should now :)

ojdon
June 4th, 2008, 10:03
Has anyone try this one out, seriously if this is a playable version then it will certainly be the best LUA app.

R4mbo
June 4th, 2008, 11:44
Ok, it has a built-in Lua Player, so you just have to extract it into the Game Folder and it can run.

After you started a new game you can place a Base with O (circle) and then start to build the power plant and place it with X.

Base works
Power plant can be build, but energy doesnt increase
barracks works
Ore refinary can be build, but comes without a harvester
WeaponFactory works
You can build infantry, 2 tanks and the harvester

You can not scroll the build menu,
harvesting is bugged, I have black borders around the buildings,
no movement anymations, just moving still pictures
no collision.
No Build Timer animation
Selling doesnt work
Minimap doesnt work
Music works
Save/Load works
Did not crash during my testing.

C&C on PSP would be totally awesome, but theres a LOT to do, maybe some community members can help to update it.

CoderX
June 4th, 2008, 12:00
:cool: Thanks for the feed back on any bugs It really helps in ironing out the problems.

R4mbo
June 4th, 2008, 13:49
I'm really interested in this Game... I think I start learning Lua to help you :) I could concentrade on the animations. I got some experience from other developing platforms. Tell me... is there some difference in coding between normal Lua and PSP-Lua?

kjetil1991
June 4th, 2008, 13:54
yeah red alert 2 its the best

CoderX
June 4th, 2008, 14:20
Any Thing you can do to improve this app would be wonderful, just make sure to keep the project opensource as its creator intended the game to be.

All Graphic fixes can just be e-mailed to me along with who i should give credit to.
[email protected]

Also I'm currently in the process of updating the full list of Games I've created (Look forward for)
- Avalanche v2.0 (No longer a Penguin Game)
- Ragnarok V0.4 (Full Code Rewrite and Demo)
- AgeOfEmpire v0.9 (Rewrite and new AI Logic)
- ChickenInvaders v2.0 (More/Better everything)

tacrotes
June 4th, 2008, 15:45
I dont see the point in making this, when u can already play red alert 2 psone version with psp. I know it sucks, but hell, if this is going to be better someday i will eat my vegetables everyday!

blaz3d
June 4th, 2008, 19:43
tacrotes thats not very incoraging now is it? and some people may be having trouble finding the psx version.

@ coderX keep up the great work! multiplayer would be awsome!

who knows once thats done and dusted, someone may be interested in giving you hosting for an online version!

id like too see more multiplayer online homebrew, but idk if infrastructure mode is supported in lua. Anyone know about that?

peace

ojdon
June 4th, 2008, 22:08
I dont see the point in making this, when u can already play red alert 2 psone version with psp. I know it sucks, but hell, if this is going to be better someday i will eat my vegetables everyday!

For the people who haven't got the actual PSOne disk it's Illegal. Plus it's not JUST about playing the game, it's an experience and to show off skills using languages like LUA. There are a ton of reasons why to make it, you just have to think outside the box a little. ;)

fpcreator2000
June 5th, 2008, 15:37
For the people who haven't got the actual PSOne disk it's Illegal. Plus it's not JUST about playing the game, it's an experience and to show off skills using languages like LUA. There are a ton of reasons why to make it, you just have to think outside the box a little. ;)

Plus whose to say that new units, not found in the original, could not be added in the process, such as the orcas from C&C, or the Mammoth MK II from C&C:TS. The list goes on, but the possibilities are endless.

Plus, for developers, this is a good experience as it hones the skill in the ways of game programming, design, and development.

wolfpack
June 6th, 2008, 06:41
if only starcraft lua could be brought back -_-

this looks good though, custom maps for this would be awesome along with a new built in campaign mode :p

(1 post away from 1000. happy day for me :D)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 6th, 2008, 15:56
I really feel this could be awesome if the coder keeps at it. moddable red alert.......

conmonks
June 6th, 2008, 17:42

uh lets see the point in making this is that it will be multiplayer and ps1 red alert doesn't, it will get better

watupgroupie
June 6th, 2008, 18:33
I remember the first release of this like 2 or 3 years ago, I really hope you keep at this. I always though that C&C on PSP would be so frickn awesome. Someone asked if infastructure on LUA is possible and I'm pretty sure it is or theres a lua player mod for it.

R4mbo
June 7th, 2008, 10:52
Hmm.... Why just Redalert 1? We could add all units from Redalert 1,2 and the upcomming 3^^ WUAAA :D

RoCP
June 7th, 2008, 19:11
Cool and RTS game!

kryst abegnalie
June 16th, 2008, 09:22
wow, i love Red Alert, and i wish it will finish in the near future, still im still practicing how to encode in LUA, and maybe i can help in your project in the near future

kryst abegnalie
June 16th, 2008, 09:22
wow, i love Red Alert, and i wish it will finish in the near future, still im still practicing how to encode in LUA, and maybe i can help in your project in the near future