PDA

View Full Version : Wii System Menu Downgrade! 3.1E to 2.1E

bandit
June 9th, 2008, 01:59
Waninkoko known for his WAD Installer for the Nintendo Wii, has released a new video showing that he downgraded a Wii System Menu downgraded from 3.1E to 2.1E. Nothing is special right now or anything that requires a downgrade but this video shows that it is possible and it can be done if needed.

This process seems to be very dangerous and can brick a lot of Wii's. Again, this is just a video to show that its possible but no files were released due to high risk and dangerous process.

http://youtube.com/v/195vQeNpAsk

firedragon_jing
June 9th, 2008, 04:24
This is actually pretty awesome. I wonder how much longer till we start seeing custom-modded Wii Firmwares like with the PSP.

theotherfreakyguy
June 9th, 2008, 05:06
This is pretty cool! If we can somehow load homebrew off of an SD card on bricked wiis, this would be very useful. However, I don't think it's possible. Maybe a USB connection between two wiis... Meh, just brainstorming. If the NAND could somehow be accessed on a bricked wii, we've got all we need... i think

lol

DDRmantis
June 20th, 2008, 03:44
this sound very cool! i can't wait until someone makes a custom-modded Wii Firmwares like with the PSP.