PDA

View Full Version : MahJongg Wii v0.2

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 16:12
Just woody (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/MahJongg_Wii) has posted an update to his Mahjong game for the WII:

MahJongg Wii is a Mahjongg solitaire tiles game written specifically for the Wii, developed with devkitpro and using the GRRLib for rendering, and wiiuse for wiimote.

v0.2 26/07/08
Added selected pair fading routine
Added better font (by making new versions of GRRLib functions) and aligned the text better
Added music
Added sounds effects
Fixed accidental selection of piece below ones just removed
Was having problems with using modplay and mp3player at the same time so changed to use sndlib and now both music and sound fx working correctly
cleaned up resources properly when existing back to loader

Download and give feedback via comments

whYeNQue
July 27th, 2008, 10:35
cool, i love mahjong! is there going to be more boards and an option to shuffle when stuck in the future?

justinswood
July 27th, 2008, 12:18
cool, i love mahjong! is there going to be more boards and an option to shuffle when stuck in the future?

Yeah 'whYeNQue' I'm planning on added more tilesets. (Graphics arn't my strong point so may open up for other people to supply some tilesets based on the size of the ones i currently have)

I'd not thought about shuffle, but sounds like a good suggestion, esp. if your down to a few and you just want to finish the game, I will add that to my todo list:). Was also going to add 'hint' with a 30 second penalty)

whYeNQue
July 27th, 2008, 14:38
thanks for listening to my suggestions and being so prompt with your reply!!! i've got a few ideas now that you have got me excited about mahjong again...

although i havent tried v0.2 yet, when i was played the first release, i was thinking if there was a way to show a free edge a bit more clearly... because sometimes depth is hard to see in the fixed view. maybe have a thin blue line overlay on the edge when you hover over it to show that it is free from that side (i.e. that you can pick it up)

also co-op would be nice up to 4 players selecting tiles in real-time, the only difficulty will be when 2 or more people want to select the same tile. i don't know how hard it would be to develop or what your plans for the game are, but thanks for bringing this to the wii!

justinswood
July 27th, 2008, 18:45
although i havent tried v0.2 yet, when i was played the first release, i was thinking if there was a way to show a free edge a bit more clearly... because sometimes depth is hard to see in the fixed view. maybe have a thin blue line overlay on the edge when you hover over it to show that it is free from that side (i.e. that you can pick it up)

Sounds like another good suggestion :thumbup: I will also put this on the list too.

I have a discussions tab on the link from wraggsers original post at the top, if you or anyone thinks of other good ideas for this project i would appreciate if you could add them to that too.

11azrael
July 27th, 2008, 19:30
Great homwbrew game
Add more options
Good Sound, Good Graphics
Great Job

A little suggestion from me
Add more tables

justinswood
July 27th, 2008, 21:59
Cheers 11azrael

A little suggestion from me
Add more tables

I'm no quite sure what you are meaning by 'tables'? Do you mean more tilesets or more tile layouts?

wraggster
July 27th, 2008, 22:33
/me makes justinswood a dcemu coder :)

justinswood
July 28th, 2008, 08:00
/me makes justinswood a dcemu coder :)

Ta

11azrael
July 28th, 2008, 09:57
Cheers 11azrael

I'm no quite sure what you are meaning by 'tables'? Do you mean more tilesets or more tile layouts?

Yes that i mean sorry i mess you
I try it today more and i have to say that is in the 3 best homebrew games in my catalogue
Keep Working

whYeNQue
July 28th, 2008, 10:22
we meant tile layouts!

look at these layouts: link (http://images.google.com/images?q=tile%20layouts%20mahjongg&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi)

or maybe add a way of us making our own layouts and saving them to the SD card then we can share them with everyone on the internets

i like the tile fade effects :D and the music is great, but i think it needs to loop better.
co-op would be great if you ever get round to it cos i'm getting annoyed with my brother calling me 'blind' and a 'dumbass' when i'm playing.

great job. keep up the good work!