PDA

View Full Version : Uo FBA4PSP 14/09/2008 - Final Burn Arcade Emulator for PSP

wraggster
September 21st, 2008, 18:28
Hi all i was sent this release for the PSP with a date of 14th september 2008 so its new to me, infact on all the sites i check (thats a ruddy lot) ive not seen this release, sadly theres no description of whats new either, but there are diff files included so whoever it is knows what they are doing, ive been informed it does work ok so really its time to get testing and let us know.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mr. Shizzy
September 21st, 2008, 19:38
Wow! Out of no where...

What arcade games is this capable of playing ??

EDIT: Google indicates this plays NeoGeo, CPS1, CPS2, and... CPS3 !?! :eek:

*Holy crap !! Runs off to try it...

sappo
September 21st, 2008, 19:50
It depends on which FBA build it is based on and if cacheing has been implented or not.

EDIT: It seems it doesn't go farther than NeoGeo, PGM, CPS1, CPS2 and Toaplan/Cave machines.

Also, there's no cacheing support, so forget about games bigger than 9/10mb :P

If it had cacheing suppport it might have been nice having NeoGeo, CPS1, CPS2 plus some more machines emulated on a single emulator, but for now, NJ's emulators remains the best for NeoGeo, CPS1 and CPS2.

It's great playing DoDonPachi on PSP at fullspeed :D

EDIT2: When you run it for the first time, it creates a CACHE dir, but there's no sign of a Cache file creator out there. So I wonder if cache is implemented or not.

EDIT3: It DOES create automatically a cache file, but only with some games... And not more than of 10mb. Maybe with a Slim it should work better.

indstr
September 21st, 2008, 22:37
There were already two almost identical releases of FBA about 2 months ago. This is useless without caching. The only cave game I could get to work on the previous releases on my phat psp was Donpachi. Apparently more of the games work with Slim psp's though due to the additional RAM

dcorreia
September 22nd, 2008, 00:12
Here's a newer version.

Tyr
September 22nd, 2008, 01:39
Considering how NJ got even the largest neogeo roms to run on a fatty PSP then the same thing should be possible with any Cave game , all has to do with how skilled the coder is.

odino
September 22nd, 2008, 08:08
Hi, try FBA4PSP by lbicelyne (http://bbs.pspchina.net/thread-279457-1-1.html), this version work fine with more lage games(Guwange for example) on my fat.;)

Knights of Valour work but the sound is a bit choppy.

Tyr
September 22nd, 2008, 11:01
Hi, try FBA4PSP by lbicelyne (http://bbs.pspchina.net/thread-279457-1-1.html), this version work fine with more lage games(Guwange for example) on my fat.;)

How does this emu work exactly , do you need to run your roms through a cache-maker and if so where do i obtain it, cause when i run the rom it just loads a bit and then nothing happens.

Baboon
September 22nd, 2008, 11:19

Ideal... does guwange work with sound too on the phat?

repuken2
September 22nd, 2008, 13:14
i've been using one i got form a turkish site, www.mcpsp.com , in fact there was an august version and now there is a september one, i have a slim ans it plays Knights of Valour and oll the pgm games with sound fullspeed, many cave games if not all supported and some other rahter obscure games. Check some screens here:

http://www.mcpsp.com/showthread.php?t=1749

magixien
September 22nd, 2008, 16:27
I test all this version and i have the same problem. The emulator works until loading a rom.

- or the PSP print a crashed blue screen

- or the game loads, and after print a text line with FPS and memory used but the game doesn't start

- or The game load and nothing happen.

Can you say me if I forget something ?

http://www.pspgen.com/downloads/Images/test-emul-neogeo.jpg

http://www.pspgen.com/downloads/Images/test-emul-neogeo-2.jpg

http://www.pspgen.com/downloads/Images/test-emul-neogeo-3.jpg

cornervizion
September 22nd, 2008, 17:36
The mcpsp site I can't seem to access it!

repuken2
September 22nd, 2008, 18:19
Bear in mind that bigger games like Oriental LEgend / Kights of Valour need a psp slim in order to work because of memory requirements, although this games use cache files, maybe they do work on phat?

Also check that you have enough free space left on your memory stick as the games create cache as they load, that could be the reason for your games crashing when loading, happened to me once

odino
September 22nd, 2008, 18:24
How does this emu work exactly , do you need to run your roms through a cache-maker and if so where do i obtain it, cause when i run the rom it just loads a bit and then nothing happens.

no no, the emulator make automaticaly a cache file in cache folder.

Ideal... does guwange work with sound too on the phat?

Yes, just the raster effect cause some slowdown.

Can you say me if I forget something ?

Bios? PGM without bios doesn't work. I have played without problem Guwange and Knights of Valour.

strikingeuphony
September 22nd, 2008, 20:31
This emulator shows a lot of promise and I promise I'll be back when Martial Masters is up and running. The cache files it makes are huge! I hope this emulator gets up to snuff to where NJ's work has gotten. I also hope they put the fullscreen scaling back in because they yanked it in the 9-20-08 version. I can't stand playing stuff like Mercs and Guwange in a mini-screen. It makes me feel like I'm playing this stuff on a Gameboy Advance.

se3p
June 1st, 2009, 06:34
Hi guys I have managed to get Knights of Valour both 1 and 2 to work on the pspslim. But I am still missing the superheroes version for kov1 and the english version for kov2. Anyone happen to know where to get it? Much appreciated :)

Nocuddle
June 2nd, 2009, 00:14
Hi guys I have managed to get Knights of Valour both 1 and 2 to work on the pspslim. But I am still missing the superheroes version for kov1 and the english version for kov2. Anyone happen to know where to get it? Much appreciated :)

I Googled those rom names & came up with a few rom links. I have tried Google lately? :rolleyes:

se3p
June 7th, 2009, 14:24
I think I phrased my previous question wrongly. What I meant to say was if anyone out there knows hows to make the knights of valour superheroes and knights of valour 2 english rom work? Because after downloading the superheroes ver it couldnt be started.

Nocuddle
June 8th, 2009, 02:50
I think I phrased my previous question wrongly. What I meant to say was if anyone out there knows hows to make the knights of valour superheroes and knights of valour 2 english rom work? Because after downloading the superheroes ver it couldnt be started.

U still need to redownload those roms, MAME version. Could be 0.131, cant be sure. Google it though.

se3p
June 8th, 2009, 05:13
Maybe the problem could lie with the emulator itself not supporting the roms. Is there a new or latest version of final burn alpha for psp?