PDA

View Full Version : Iris / BspViewer Update

PSmonkey
January 25th, 2006, 18:36
Hey guys, I though it would be a good time to give you all a status update.

It has become increasingly apperent to me that the code base is getting messy and I still have yet to properly plug things into the correct location or made it easy to expland on parts (like say suport for multiple model file formats, ex md2/md3/md4/hl). So I have desided now is probably the best time to port & rewrite the project to CPP. This way it will be cleaner and easier to work on. I also plan to start making parts open source for others to include into their project.

So the plan is to now stop where I am at and rewrite everything into cpp. Once the rewrite is done, I think everything is acceptable enough to push the long over due BspViewer 0.3 out the door. After that I plan to polish up more game mechanics for the iris 0.2 release.

Oh also sometime tonight or today. I will post up a video of the current build to BspViewer/Iris engine so you can see it in action. It's quite nice with improved box collission, jumping, & sliding suport (now you can go up & down stairs or slopes in the enviroment).

So that is about it for now. I promiss I wont disapoint for the next wave of releases regarding both projects.

PSPdemon
January 26th, 2006, 00:08
like say suport for multiple model file formats, ex md2/md3/md4/hl

This is what I have been waiting for :D .... good job and you are making good progress on this. cant wait till the next release.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for everything,
PSPdemon

Jman0708
January 26th, 2006, 12:25
you guys no i love making was if u teech me how to make 1 for iris i can do it

frangin2003
March 24th, 2006, 09:23
Oh also sometime tonight or today. I will post up a video of the current build to BspViewer/Iris engine so you can see it in action. It's quite nice with improved box collission, jumping, & sliding suport (now you can go up & down stairs or slopes in the enviroment).

Hi there! Sorry for exhumating this ol' post (it's due to the fact I realize I wasn't really aware on the Iris legend (since the beginning to the Big Bang :) )).

I was wondering, the video PSMonkey is talking about, well, exists ??? :confused:

I don't think so, but if it is somewhere... :p

See ya!

Produkt
March 24th, 2006, 12:30
Ok...

I suggest you just stay with MD4, HL-MDL, and IF it had to come to it MD3...

but only 2 of these model formats are similar... and even then its not a close match... personaly its much easyer to make HL-MDL's BUT its something without source so I say MD4 (its not hard to port these models I've done one... not verry well... but I did manage it...)

and MD3 for props and map models...