PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero game is blasted by Oasis star Noel Gallagher

wraggster
February 3rd, 2009, 21:09
OASIS rocker Noel Gallagher has hit out at console music simulator Guitar Hero by saying "playing a guitar is not a f***ing video game".

The outspoken guitarist laid into the title, a favourite among millions of youngsters, for trivialising music.

He said: "When I meet kids, I always tell them playing a guitar is not a f***ing video game, there is no level to get to.

"You'll never master it and you'll never complete the game."

However, Gallagher, 41, conceded it was preferable to traditional video games.

He added: "If it puts little plastic guitars into kids' hands and fires their imaginations, I guess it's a good thing."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/2009/02/03/guitar-hero-game-is-blasted-by-oasis-star-noel-gallagher-86908-21093347/

ojdon
February 3rd, 2009, 23:20
I think this is probably the most smartest rant Noel Gallagher has said recently. Playing Guitar is not pressing buttons to a beat of a song.

osgeld
February 4th, 2009, 00:31
heh, i had totally forgotten about these douches, checking their website they have done more than i had expected, considering the last thing i heard was "puke green chevy novra" or whatever, right after they proclaimed they were going to be bigger than the beetles

i do agree with the mouthy little *@#!ch, playing guitar is more than pushing color coded buttons when being prodded, but of course being bigger than the beetles takes more than making a couple trippy videos and laying on a retarded haircut along with beard ...

thats life for you, learn from experiences, and be a bitter twat, cause someone else dares to dream like you once did

apex05
February 4th, 2009, 00:52
Oh who the hell cares!!! You could pick up a 4 buttoned peripheral or a classic stratocaster, you just choose the one you enjoy

pibs
February 4th, 2009, 01:39
Well the closest thing from going from guitar hero to a real guitar would probably be a Casio DG-20 LOL

But really? Common its a freaking game.. Nobody plays Nascar and suddenly thinks they can be a professional race car driver.

osgeld
February 4th, 2009, 01:48
Nobody plays Nascar and suddenly thinks they can be a professional race car driver.

i cant !?!

apex05
February 4th, 2009, 02:21
Well the closest thing from going from guitar hero to a real guitar would probably be a Casio DG-20 LOL

But really? Common its a freaking game.. Nobody plays Nascar and suddenly thinks they can be a professional race car driver.

Actually some people do think that!!! I remember hearing about someone who was world champion at some rally game, then decided to enter a car in a wrc event, and predictably he crashed

havoc_012
February 4th, 2009, 04:59
I've been playing guitar for 7 years. I like playing games too. I tried guitar hero, I just didn't care for it.

It's fine to enjoy it as a game, but any serious amount of time spent playing it could be better put to use, like playing a real instrument.

The guy is right though. You never "beat" playing guitar. Your always learning, always improving.

gumgod
February 4th, 2009, 13:07
Everyone knows that playing guitar hero is not the same as playing guitar. This guy was just looking for publicity as he hasn't made a good song in at least 10 years. The good thing about guitar hero is that it actually gets people interested in music.

Also playing guitar hero is fun but it doesn't make me think I can just pick up a guitar and jam out. :rofl:

geise69
February 4th, 2009, 15:00
Who cares about guitar hero! I'm waiting for Keytar Hero. That will blow away Guitar Hero.

Spanishpeacock
February 4th, 2009, 18:15
So, the band with the most downland content has a problem with people playing the game they're in?

Sellouts....

The drums are awesome, great hand-eye-foot coordination. And if this jerk is dropping F bombs on kids, then someone needs to shut him up.

robman84
February 4th, 2009, 22:04
I mean it's like f****ng cookin mama. It doesn't f****ng make you a chef, y'know? I mean pick up a f****ng real spoon man and learn to f***ng cook.

Let's hope Noel never looks at a shooting game or Vet simulator. "come on kids, shove your hand up a real cows a**"

Spanishpeacock
February 5th, 2009, 02:40
That's hilarious, Harvest Moon is in some real trouble lol.

paladinja
February 5th, 2009, 18:00
...uh, that's funny... I didn't even think "O-waste-is" was a band anymore... soooo why exactly would this pantybunch's opinion even mean anything?
Pine on for those distant yesteryears when prepubescents gave 1/2 a crap about your egocentric rants, ya marginally talented former pop-musician.
(oh...snap)
Oh btw: The Beatles, who you claimed to be better than, released about 50 someodd albums to our 7. Nice effort tho, really.

Darksaviour69
February 5th, 2009, 18:06
just wanted to say Blur>Oasis

maxipower90
February 5th, 2009, 18:49
Oasis suck anyway they got like 3 good songs and the rest are moks

:rofl: go make some good music