PDA

View Full Version : Merc Roid v.0.25 (Alpha)

wraggster
February 17th, 2009, 20:59
News/release from lokiare1 (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141/alpha-release-merc-roid-3d-metroid-clone-t234309/)

Merc Roid v.0.25 (Alpha)

Ok, I've updated Merc Roid with many things. I've created a few new levels. I've added lava (damage, visual, and liquidyness). You can now pick up any upgrades that I put in a level. You can travel from one level to another (I don't have a loading screen yet, but it is relatively quick to load each level). I've added a few sound effects, but they are slow to load, and I've had some crash problems with them. I haven't changed the screenshots yet, but I will later. In 0.25 I've added the door shield that can require any attack type to open. I've implemented the missile pickup (you start with 10 I think each tank adds 5 more.) I've created the first boss, but he is not playable until the next update.

Controls:
L-Button - Jump (later I will have a system where you jump higher/further based on how much you do it).
R-Button - Shoot, hold for charge beam (shoots missiles when in missile mode, appears to charge but has no effect on the fire-power when in missile mode)
Analog-Nub - Aims the gun (moves the camera)
Triangle - Moves forward (move speed will vary based on how much you move)
Square - Strafe left.
Circle - Strafe right.
Cross - Move Backward.
Select - Switch between missiles and beam mode

Things still to do:
Create a story-line.
Create a menu screen.
Add a save feature.
Add doors that only open based on the attack that is used against them.
Add more monsters.
Add a few boss monsters.
Add zones that have different affects (water slows jump, move, and gravity speed, etc. etc...)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

*Shoesy*
February 18th, 2009, 00:37
Groovy! I love metroid... canīt wait for more updates.

Zack
February 18th, 2009, 02:22
Looks great. This is a 3D Metroid clone btw.

Think Metroid Prime :)

Looks promising..... He needs a texture/modeller as far as I can tell too, so if your up for it I would message him.