PDA

View Full Version : PiMpStreamer 0.26 Released

wraggster
April 5th, 2006, 06:29
DickyDick has once again updated his realtime streaming/scaling/demuxing Windows server...

Heres whats new:

Added priority switch
Some fix ups here and there
Added aspect ratio (don't know if it has good use, but for future "padding" and cropping)
Mono audio stream working

Download Here --> http://www.geocities.com/dickydick1969

tcjew
April 5th, 2006, 11:24
hmmm link seems down to me :)
But its quite common on DickyDicks Site ;) So i guess i tll work in a few minutes :D
---
Update: link is up again :)

The new aspect ratio option doesnt seem to work for me, i tried 4:3 and the picture still came stretched, I think this option can help a lot, since i made the experience with the "PMP MOD M4g3". When i streamed movies that had a border it was much more flewently even at high bitrates.
I believe if ya watching fullscreen movies most of the CPU power of the PSP is wasted. But if ya leave some borders, its got some power left for the WLAN.
Hope my english is understandable :D

Thx for another fine update DickyDick :)

voorheesda
April 5th, 2006, 13:34
is this any thing that would work on the new eloader for fw2.0???;D its a f*cking cool app :U if you would charge for it im sure gonna buy it ;D

pkmaximum
April 5th, 2006, 14:19
Im going to give this a try later.

tcjew
April 5th, 2006, 15:38
is this any thing that would work on the new eloader for fw2.0???;D its a f*cking cool app :U if you would charge for it im sure gonna buy it ;D

well as long the video stutters and sound is laggy I dont see any commercial succes with this prog.
Dont get me wrong, I love it too but its still a real alpha/beta release, and theires still much to do until its a real plug and go prog. At the moment you have to configure more then using it :) Maybe in the future he could charge some money for it :)
and not sure if it ll work on 2.X usually i would say no, but with the new loader i would give it a try :)

felonyr301
April 5th, 2006, 19:55
you start charging then im not going to support this but if it succeeds and its as free as all the other homebrew then ill gladly donate thats how it should be in this homebrew scene... good job anyways gonna give it a download