PDA

View Full Version : PSP Downgrader - Downdate Final Version For v2.50/v2.60 PSP Firmware

Pages : 1 [2]

duanie
September 15th, 2006, 15:09
im a proper newbie wats firmwire is tht the internet connection actually on the psp tht keeps askin to update ?
plz reply

Carl_Ripken
September 19th, 2006, 03:45
okay for the record the full.exe downgrade is working and beautiful. now onto the details i researched and looked around after i felt confident enough i took the neccessary steps. but it did not go exactly as said.,so what happened is the orange light is supposed to stop blinking wait one minute re boot psp...no....now keep in mind this might just be me... instead after the install my dad's psp(doing dad a great service here cool homebrew and such) auto reboots shows an error message in all the languages of the country's where psp's are sold(at which point i FREAK OUT)then goes directly to the disk read error. i press a button it says update of something to that effect i immediatly power off remove the battery slide power switch to clear any excess charge and wait... 3 minutes or more. then i reinstall battery and power on and wahlah i could kiss you no really i am so happy right now and my heart rate stopped going 120bpm. i heard i need to upgrade to 2.00 firmware and reinstall 1.5 to eliminate any bugs is this true?
P.S AWESOME!!!!!!

ocm
September 21st, 2006, 01:27
hi all, very new to this and have been reading a lot on the topic. I just downloaded the .exe file from dark alex the file was about 13mb and i also downloaded the .rar file from the very first post. the password works fine and i have extracted all the file from it.

I have a factory 2.01 firmware and will be upgrading to 2.6 soon, so do i just connect my psp via a usb cable (any usb cable???) to my pc and run the .exe file to downgrade. Does anyone have instruction on this new .exe file downgrader.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

ocm
September 29th, 2006, 15:42
Hello everyone, just downgraded my psp and thank god it did not brick. I am now going to install DevHook and start looking aroun for games.

Thanks to everyone that made this downgrade possible, it couldnt be any easier.

I am now one very happy psp player. :)

johnny gaijin
October 4th, 2006, 21:22
i don't own gta, someone said you can upgrade from 2.6 to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.5 from there w/o gta... is this true? how do i upgrade? also looking in my umd slot i don't see any text at all... should i be worried?

thanks a lot!

Cloudhunter
October 4th, 2006, 21:28
Nope, shouldn't be worried :) No text = good. Thats true, just upgrade to 2.71 and you can downgrade from there :) or you can downgrade from 2.6 like I did.

Cloudy

icerx
October 14th, 2006, 16:35
I have a 2.6 psp and am trying to downgrade to 1.5 and your downgrader works fine for me up to the point that I run the downdater test...instead of the light blinking for 2-3 minutes, it blinks for 2-3 seconds, reboots and displays that the disc could not be read. I have tried taking out the battery and rebooting manually however it still doesnt work. How can I solve this problem? ty

PSP Dave
October 21st, 2006, 00:54
hello every1 this is my first post here :P
i have 2 questions:

quesion 1

i have a PSP v2.5 type ic-1006 so i can downgrade to v1.5
shall i downgrade with v2.5 or upgrade to v2.6 or even 2.71?? en then downgrade to v1.5?

Question 2:

When all is done and i have v1.5 wich i hope :P
can i upgrade back to v2-2.81?? not that i want to but i wonder?

pl reply

mak67uk
November 12th, 2006, 01:31
Hi Guys, I have a brand new psp with 2.6 on it!
It's str8 out of the box
What is the best way to get it to 1.5 so i can play isos on it?
Do i upgrade to 2.7 then to 1.5 or from 2.6 str8 to 1.5????
There is no text in the UMD slot either!
Any help would be great
Cheers,
Mak

hwarangX
November 17th, 2006, 00:19
um in regards to the 1.5 dump that i should have in the downdater folder...i have
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\data\cert
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\dic\apotp.d ic
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\dic\atokp.d ic
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\dic\aux0.di c
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\dic\aux1.di c
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\dic\aux2.di c
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\dic\aux3.di c
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\font\(17 .pgf files)
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\kd\(....a lot of .prx files...)
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\kd\resource \impose.rsc
downdater_final_001.rar\DOWNDATER\DUMP\vsh\(with: "etc". "module", and "resource" folders with files in them)

do i need anything else? is the 1.5 dump thing something completely different? and if so where can i find it and where do i put it?.....^_^;; please excuse my ignorance, especially if im posting anything i shouldnt be

mauve
November 20th, 2006, 01:26
I have a 2.6 psp and am trying to downgrade to 1.5 and your downgrader works fine for me up to the point that I run the downdater test...instead of the light blinking for 2-3 minutes, it blinks for 2-3 seconds, reboots and displays that the disc could not be read. I have tried taking out the battery and rebooting manually however it still doesnt work. How can I solve this problem? ty

I'm having the same problem. It's not factory 2.6 or anything. I'm pretty sure it came out of the box as 1.x, possibly 2.00. It came with the free spider man 2 umd.

ANYWAY, this is really doing my head in, as icerx said it flashes for a few seconds then show the 'disc could not be read' error. Restarting makes no difference. It still works absolutely fine, only it still has 2.60FW :( please help!!!

mauve
November 22nd, 2006, 13:41
Sorry for the double post but does anyone even look at this thread? Can't anyone help?!

terryfay1983
December 11th, 2006, 01:22
I'm having the same problem. It's not factory 2.6 or anything. I'm pretty sure it came out of the box as 1.x, possibly 2.00. It came with the free spider man 2 umd.

ANYWAY, this is really doing my head in, as icerx said it flashes for a few seconds then show the 'disc could not be read' error. Restarting makes no difference. It still works absolutely fine, only it still has 2.60FW :( please help!!!

doing the same for me aswell!!!
thought i'd cracked it and tipical it didnt work!
someone shed some light please

terryfay1983
December 12th, 2006, 13:48
anyone that can shed some light on this??

Cloudhunter
December 12th, 2006, 14:30
Best just upgrading to 2.71, then downgrading from there...

Cloudy

coldhero
January 8th, 2007, 07:49
Greetings everyone,

I've done some serious researching on this whole downgrading issue and I have a few questions I want to clarify.

My psp is a factory v2.5 and no gold writing(numbers)

Question #1: Is my psp downgradable?

Question #2: Is it necessary to upgrade it to v2.6 or v2.71 then downgrade it to v1.5?

Question #3: I followed the link (Downgrader2.50-2.60ENFULL.exe) from psp-hacks, and was wondering if that's a more accurate downgrader than the other way posted on page 1 of this thread?

flyin4delta
June 3rd, 2007, 03:50
Make sure you dont have a PSP version TA-082 which can easily be spotted by opening the UMD Drive and looking in the top-right corner for the text "IC1003" If you see those digits you cannot downgrade or even use the PSP Modchip.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Please check out our Original Release Thread and read throughly before trying to Downgrade. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27932)

As always my adivce is do not use if your not 100% sure and confident

What happens if you try it with that number on it?

ahmedkeshk
October 24th, 2007, 19:26
Thanx

Sonicboy 101
October 24th, 2007, 19:38
Dude! Don't bump old threads!
Welcome to DCEmu btw.