PDA

View Full Version : PSP Downgrader - Downdate Final Version For v2.50/v2.60 PSP Firmware

Pages : [1] 2

wraggster
July 2nd, 2006, 17:24
The Downgrader for v2.5 and v2.6 PSP Consoles by Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, and Yoshihiro has been updated to a Final working version. Remember that unless you know and are confident of what you are doing then do not use this downgrader,

Heres whats new in this release:
- Added a checking for the AC adaptor. Now it's necessary in order to begin the downgrade.

- Removed the logs, they could cause problems with people with 32 MB memsticks.

Also i want to explain a couple of things:

- The "Disc cannot be read" problem. This is caused because the hardware restart that the downdater does, doesn't restart the umd device. There were a more proper way to reinit the psp, but it wasn't working in this exploit. Not a big problem really, since after you restart manually the psp, the problem is gone.

- DO NOT USE dumps of other firmwares. As important as the files, is the IPL (Initial Program Loader), which is written by a library of the Sony 1.50 updater, that is hardcoded to write the 1.50 IPL.heres a guide that Freeplay wrote:
Here, have a guide:

FOR 2.50/2.60:

Get the appropriate ZIP file from the very first post in this thread. password -

I_Use_It_At_My_Own_Risk

(copy and past, password is case sensitive)

There should be an EBOOT.PBP file in the ZIP file.

On your memory stick, go to PSP, then GAME. Make a folder called DOWNDATERTEST.

Put the EBOOT.PBP file in DOWNDATERTEST.

If you have a 1.50 dump, copy the DOWNDATER folder to the TOP LEVEL of your memory stick.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DUMP, DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS PROGRAM. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PSP.

For example, if your memory stick is O:\, copy it there.

This folder should contain two folders and two files:
DOWNDATER\DUMP\ (containing the 1.50 dump)
DOWNDATER\PRX\ (containing the 1.50 UPDATE .PRX files)
DOWNDATER\inputfl.bin
DOWNDATER\outputfl.bin

IF THIS IS ALL OK, YOU SHOULD BE SET:
* The two files and two folders mentioned above
* PSP\GAME\DOWNDATERTEST\EB OOT.PBP
* eLoader
* GTA
* A PSP THAT DID NOT COME WITH 2.60 PRE-INSTALLED

Now... Go into GTA, go into eLoader, and run "DOWNDATER TEST".

The Memory Stick light will blink for about 2-3 minutes.

Afterwards, your PSP should reboot.

You should get the blue "Reset to defaults" screen. Press O.

The PSP will reboot again. You will have to define basic settings again.

You might notice a "Disc could not be read" error.

If you do, take the battery out, put it back in, and reboot.

Good luck, folks!Make sure you dont have a PSP version TA-082 which can easily be spotted by opening the UMD Drive and looking in the top-right corner for the text "IC1003" If you see those digits you cannot downgrade or even use the PSP Modchip.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Please check out our Original Release Thread and read throughly before trying to Downgrade. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27932)

As always my adivce is do not use if your not 100% sure and confident

dtothabreezy
July 2nd, 2006, 17:26
for any body that hasnt done it yet the succes rates about a 100% but still do it at your own risk

YourStillWithMe
July 2nd, 2006, 17:29
how would you know that? its not like you did it more than once. . .? Anywho this downgrader looks ultra sketchy my friends if i was at 2.50 or 2.60 i probably still would not try it. the risk is definitely higher than the 2.00 version thats pretty clear

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 17:29
good :)

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 17:31
well i ahd a successful downgrade so im good:D

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 17:33
how would you know that? its not like you did it more than once. . .? Anywho this downgrader looks ultra sketchy my friends if i was at 2.50 or 2.60 i probably still would not try it. the risk is definitely higher than the 2.00 version thats pretty clear
i did it 3 times with the 2.6 beta version, all a success u should have seen my friends face i was rotflmao

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 17:34
thats great, did you follow my instruction or did you do it yourself?
im wondering:confused:

YourStillWithMe
July 2nd, 2006, 17:35
Sony is going to release a firmweare update mark my words in less than a week

maybe speed up psone emulator process? i think so!

SINIStER
July 2nd, 2006, 17:44
Sony is going to release a firmweare update mark my words in less than a week

maybe speed up psone emulator process? i think so!
I agree about sony and a new firmware...I say before the months up and the upgrade is gonna be crappy!

\/oid
July 2nd, 2006, 17:45
the final version woked 4 me:)
no problems at all...

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 2nd, 2006, 18:16
Will this work fine on a 32mb memory stick? And also, I need someone to completely walk me through this, and can I use the firmware dump from Catfish from the original PSP-hacks downgrader pack?

And one more thing? Do I delete all of my savegames too and only leave the gta eloader save, or can I keep my gta saves in because all I have is a 32mb stick!!!

F9zDark
July 2nd, 2006, 18:36
I'll give it a shot with my 1.5. It has about 5 -2.0->1.5 downgrades under its belt(after being 1.5 by default).

Let you know the results.

Airdevil
Will this work fine on a 32mb memory stick? And also, I need someone to completely walk me through this, and can I use the firmware dump from Catfish from the original PSP-hacks downgrader pack?

And one more thing? Do I delete all of my savegames too and only leave the gta eloader save, or can I keep my gta saves in because all I have is a 32mb stick!!!

back them up on pc...... then put them back once ur done downgrading

mike03$$$
can someone teach me and help with the links to this dump and the output, input bin things

imdickie
July 2nd, 2006, 18:40
I have tried the noted password on the rar'd files in every iteration I could possibly think of including a cut an paste. Did the password change?

stotheamuel
July 2nd, 2006, 18:42
why would sony update? it doesnt work on 2.7 so there would be no point... unless... they updated with some pretty impressive stuff?

dtothabreezy
July 2nd, 2006, 18:48
the way i did it was just download the kit from pspupdates or hacks its one of those and put those files on the root of the memory stick start up gta

and lit it do its thing make sure its plugged in and theres gonna be a minute or 2 when u dont know wats goin on itll reboot after its done so dont turn it off if you get disk read error take out battery and put it back in (i got disk read error and that worked)

yes it will work on 32 meg make sure u reformat the memory stick then put everything on thatll make sure you have enough space and as an extra security percouation i went to systems and rest default:D hope it works for every body and i hope this helps

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 2nd, 2006, 18:48
back them up on pc...... then put them back once ur done downgrading

That doesn't really help me at all... :(

I mean do I leave only the eloader save, and I also need to know about my other questions too.

xiringu
July 2nd, 2006, 18:49
yeah, I think Sony needs to add impressive stuff to a new FW to make people want it.

just a stupid video/music/web browser new option won't make anyone want to lose the homebrew

Gamer8174
July 2nd, 2006, 18:52
This downgrader does indeed work. I now finally have a 1.5! But, this cant be stressed enough, make sure you understand every step of the instructions before attempting this.

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 2nd, 2006, 19:03
I need to be sure that the final version of the downgrader does not write any logs on the memory stick, because 32mb is all i have :(

dtothabreezy
July 2nd, 2006, 19:11
it writes logs but i have a 32 meg 2 and after i was done i just reformated my memory stick and it was good as new jus make sure all you have on it is eloader and the downgrader and ill hope youll be fine

no_pulse
July 2nd, 2006, 19:43
I managed to downgrade successfully with the previous version, the success rate does seem to be reasonably high although there were a few bricked PSPs.

Thanks to all the guys which worked on the downgrader and to Blazed247 for his instructions(page 17 of previous release's thread) it helped me a lot!!

eliteflyer
July 2nd, 2006, 19:47
I am kind of new here and i really need firmware version 1.5 for my PSP. I have downloaded the 'downdater_final.rar' file and i was reading the read me and came accross, 'needs 1.5 dump'. I don't know anybody who has a 1.5!! Although could i download this 'http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/9' and use this instead of finding someone who has 1.5. Or am i just being really dumb and i don't need any of this?? Thanks for the help.

RetroGoth
July 2nd, 2006, 19:51
is anyone ever going to help us factory 2.6 users? it's not fair you are ignoring us.

no_pulse
July 2nd, 2006, 19:54
Its not that they're ignoring you its that its not possible for them to help you at the moment. Just be patient and wait for an eloader with full kernel access to be released.

RetroGoth
July 2nd, 2006, 19:57
Its not that they're ignoring you its that its not possible for them to help you at the moment. Just be patient and wait for an eloader with full kernel access to be released.

thanks for answering. i will be patient. Have fun guys!

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 20:18
I managed to downgrade successfully with the previous version, the success rate does seem to be reasonably high although there were a few bricked PSPs.

Thanks to all the guys which worked on the downgrader and to Blazed247 for his instructions(page 17 of previous release's thread) it helped me a lot!!
well thanx i'm glad people found my instructions useful :D, i like to help when i can

gotmilk0112
July 2nd, 2006, 20:21
i get this when i type in the password and WinRAR extracts it:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file 1.50 HELPER\downhelper\EBOOT.PBP (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file 1.50 HELPER\downhelper%\EBOOT.PBP (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file 2.50\DOWNDATERTEST\EBOOT.PBP (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file 2.60\DOWNDATERTEST\EBOOT.PBP (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file src\DOWNDATER\copy.c (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file src\DOWNDATER\Makefile (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file src\DOWNDATER\README.TXT (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file src\HELPER\main.c (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file src\HELPER\Makefile (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file LEEME.TXT (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\downdater_final.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file README.TXT (wrong password ?)

what is going on??? i used the password I_USE_AT_MY_OWN_RISKS which is the one that it says to use! what is going on???

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 20:22
yay!!!

gotmilk0112
July 2nd, 2006, 20:24
yay!!!

?

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 20:29
?
lol
just get the one that everyone used

gotmilk0112
July 2nd, 2006, 20:30
wat do u mean?!?!?!?!?

gotmilk0112
July 2nd, 2006, 20:35
hello ppls i need some help here....

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 20:36
hello ppls i need some help here....
whats ur e-mail? PM me with it and i'll send u the file u need

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 20:51
ok

eliteflyer
July 2nd, 2006, 21:03
Can i use this. 'http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/9' instead of a real PSP 1.5 dump?

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 21:04
Can i use this. 'http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/9' instead of a real PSP 1.5 dump?
?
just drag and drop all the files from the downgrader

eliteflyer
July 2nd, 2006, 21:09
So i don't need to find anyone who really has a 1.5 and copy thier files??

no_pulse
July 2nd, 2006, 21:20
So i don't need to find anyone who really has a 1.5 and copy thier files??

no u dont, just use the dump from the previous version @ http://www.psp-hacks.com

EDIT: Ignore that previous bit, the link below is the info for the final version which includes a link to the final version with the 1.5 dump

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/598

mr_nick666
July 2nd, 2006, 21:25
I think the second hand PSP market is going to speed up once again now! - No more scrabbling for 1.5s ;)

Its like the tooth fairy... Everyone says shes just a myth and then you see her! :o (or something like that! - And they said they didnt think a downgrader was possible!) :D

gotmilk0112
July 2nd, 2006, 21:26
so this is what i do:

1.unzip the RAR file

2.put the "DOWNDATER" folder in the root of my mem stick

3.put the DOWNDATERTEST folder in my GAME folder

4. run the program

is the "DOWNDATER" folder the same folder as if the person with 1.50 copied it?

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 21:27
yup

gotmilk0112
July 2nd, 2006, 21:27
ok

xsimmonsx
July 2nd, 2006, 21:48
Ok silly question, sorry if its been asked with in this thread.

I know most of my stuff when it comes to psp, I downgraded to 1.5 from 2.0.

My young ones got my old psp which was 2.5 from the box, yet its been upgraded to 2.6. So will this work seeing as its been upgraded to 2.6?, as I see on various forums that people are saying a 'factory set 2.5/2.6' wont work, which is what this started out as.

MHB_1990
July 2nd, 2006, 22:32
Too bad for me I've upgraded my psp to 2.71 and I'm stuck the bad thing that the downgraders doesn't come in time.

mike03$$$
July 2nd, 2006, 22:38
sucess i ran up the wall it worked i had used the auto installer with files already in it

Hungry Horace
July 2nd, 2006, 22:58
Ok silly question, sorry if its been asked with in this thread.

I know most of my stuff when it comes to psp, I downgraded to 1.5 from 2.0.

My young ones got my old psp which was 2.5 from the box, yet its been upgraded to 2.6. So will this work seeing as its been upgraded to 2.6?, as I see on various forums that people are saying a 'factory set 2.5/2.6' wont work, which is what this started out as.

mine came as 2.5, but i never upgraded to 2.6....

i reckon you are probably ok to downgrade with this version.... although i'd check the number inside the UMD drive inside if i were you (mine says ic6001 - apparently if it ends in "3" you cant downgrade)

Decarbonizer
July 2nd, 2006, 23:05
ok so i downloaded it but get a password
i cant find it so could someone help me here :)

Ari
July 2nd, 2006, 23:35
god, I feel like an idiot now! I just upgraded to 2.7 from 2.6 a few weeks ago...

ryan_rocks29
July 2nd, 2006, 23:49
I_USE_AT_MY_OWN_RISKS

Also great downgrader, I did it yesterday with release 5 and I'm loving 1.5.

F9zDark
July 3rd, 2006, 00:18
What I'd like to know is, why is TA-082 PSPs unable to downgrade? Has anyone figured this out yet?

I really hope Sony doesn't start this trend in future PSP production lines; making it impossible to run homebrew due to the motherboard rather than software means.

To go back to what I was saying earlier about testing, I haven't had a chance yet. Will do though once I have a few moments to myself. (Using the PSP to entertain some family members with music via the Nyko Theater Experience)

DCtest
July 3rd, 2006, 00:43

The password has been changed for downdater_final.rar

Have a look there http://www.sonyxteam.com

Thank all of the PSP community for this great "utility"
and for the professional help in drowngrading.
Thank you very much.

Great Job !

chaos-is-me
July 3rd, 2006, 00:44
I havn't written in these forums much recently with all the stuff that's going on with my band at the moment but I saw this and just had to test it out..

It worked! OMG I have longed for a 1.5 PSP ever since I got into homebrew. Finally I have one!

It was pretty nerve racking but it went smoothly. Can't wait to test out some homebrew without having to boot up GTA:LCS first!

Thanks to the people behind this and to DCEMU for letting me know of it's exsistance! ^_^

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 3rd, 2006, 02:06
No one has answered my question yet, I wanted to know if this final release of the downgrader does not write anything onto the memory stick and it works 100%, as I only have a 32mb stick :(

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 3rd, 2006, 02:08
This is very cool. Downgraded without a hitch.

1 question though, because I was on 2.6 for so, so long I got out of touch with what's available on 1.5, and all my UMD's are 2.5/2.6's.
I know what Devhook does, and I'm learning up on it. Just 1 thing...

How would I go about getting my copy of Syphon Filter to work on my new 1.5? Nothing dodgy, I own an American UMD of it, I just want to boot it. I know that 2.5 games can be booted on a 1.5...

So anyone, got a SF-DM on 1.5 success story? :D

Thanks all

Kramer
July 3rd, 2006, 02:09
it doesnt write anything onto the stick but it does not work 100% no downgrader ever will

gotmilk0112
July 3rd, 2006, 02:12
i hope my PSP dont brick. crossing every body part that i can cross xD

cooliscool
July 3rd, 2006, 02:18
This is very cool. Downgraded without a hitch.

1 question though, because I was on 2.6 for so, so long I got out of touch with what's available on 1.5, and all my UMD's are 2.5/2.6's.
I know what Devhook does, and I'm learning up on it. Just 1 thing...

How would I go about getting my copy of Syphon Filter to work on my new 1.5? Nothing dodgy, I own an American UMD of it, I just want to boot it. I know that 2.5 games can be booted on a 1.5...

So anyone, got a SF-DM on 1.5 success story? :D

Thanks all

Syphon Filter UMD works great with Devhook. It'll be hard to find a UMD that doesn't.

Kramer: It does write (1KB) logs to the memory stick whenever an operation is executed.. it generates quite a few, but much less than any memory stick should have free. The main deal is that it works perfectly. ;)

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 3rd, 2006, 02:26
Kramer: It does write (1KB) logs to the memory stick whenever an operation is executed.. it generates quite a few, but much less than any memory stick should have free. The main deal is that it works perfectly. ;)

Well ok... but I mean in comparison to the beta...
How many logs do they both write in comparison to each other? Does the beta write a shitload and the final write, maybe a few kb?

I ask this because I don't wanna end up with a $200 paperweight just because I only had a 32mb dinky stick... I don't have a problem with formatting the ms, but i just want to be safe.

phazi
July 3rd, 2006, 02:35
i think some one asked this but why dosnt it work and will there ever be a way for a new psp that comes with 2.6 to downgrade or no chance at all

kcc86
July 3rd, 2006, 02:43
"- Removed the logs, they could cause problems with people with 32 MB memsticks."

I'm not sure what that means, but I successfully used the beta version of the downgrader, so my question is, what kind of problems will the logs cause to 32mb sticks? Does it cause problems with the memory stick or with the psp? I should have just waited for the final release cause I'm all paranoid now...

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 3rd, 2006, 02:59
Syphon Filter UMD works great with Devhook. It'll be hard to find a UMD that doesn't.

Awesome! Thanks heaps, sounds like a very well made app :)

F9zDark
July 3rd, 2006, 03:08
Worked beautifully. Absolutely no problems.

I started with a 1.50 PSP, made my own 1.50 dump, then updated to 2.60. Then downgraded to 1.50. Quite a marvelous feat.

Now this got me thinking... Anyone who has a 1.0 and tried the 'downgrader' for that(the one that only works on the system it made the dump from)... I wonder if that can be used in conjunction with this or the 2.0 downgrader.

kschewe
July 3rd, 2006, 03:24
I read that people where downgrading their factory 2.6 psp successfully to 1.5. Anyone on here try? I bought mine used and I am assuming it was 2.6 factory. I dont think there is a way to tell

MUDD
July 3rd, 2006, 03:34
damn i feel so stupid asking this ,

i have a psp that i updated to 2.60
can i use this downgrader ?

from what i have read ,the answer is no
but now im reading these comments
and im not sure anymore .hope beyond
hope that im missreading the readme
wrong and i can.

you know i want to so bad .but if i cant
thats cool to .wont sleep till i know
for sure ,god aint this great!

Sharkey
July 3rd, 2006, 03:46
Yes you can downgrade.
You pretty much have to update first if you had anything below a 2.5 to use this anyway.

As long as you didn't buy a 2.6 version psp your good to go.

One of my psps is a 2.01, I missed downgrading last time by one small update so I have been looking forward to this.
Odd that the device hook almost coincided with the release of this, someone loves us.

The password listed on the front page didn't work for me btw, I'm not bothered because I have the beta.
Just a fyi, is it because of the caps?

johnston829x
July 3rd, 2006, 03:52
what is a 1.5 dump??? and is it ok if i have ic6001 .....i updated from 2.0 also

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 3rd, 2006, 04:00
what is a 1.5 dump??? and is it ok if i have ic6001 .....i updated from 2.0 also

I'm no Charles Babbage (That guy would have rocked the PSP scene with a Homebrew Abbicus app).
But I believe it's the raw files that make up the 1.5 update... It's a 'dump' of the update and what's in it... Sound alright?

cheers :D

johnston829x
July 3rd, 2006, 04:05
I'm no Charles Babbage (That guy would have rocked the PSP scene with a Homebrew Abbicus app).
But I believe it's the raw files that make up the 1.5 update... It's a 'dump' of the update and what's in it... Sound alright?

cheers :D

so should i do it?

MUDD
July 3rd, 2006, 04:18
ahh ok i see thanks Sharkey,after reading
your help i had another look at the readme
and now i can see what it says clearly .

if its still the factory set you cant ,but mine
was updated to 2.60 so im good .
ok yeah i see it now .strange how i
missunderstood it so completly maybe
my mind just couldnt grasp the possibility .

EVERYONE IS GREAT .I LOVE YOU ALL
(stop laghing damn it these are real tears)

stotheamuel
July 3rd, 2006, 04:39
hahaha thanks to this baby... (before it gets big and well know and obvious) im going to buy 5 psps... 2.6 while i still can (1000 dollars) then im going to downgrade.. and sell them for 300 dollars... thats 500 dollar profit

firestorm
July 3rd, 2006, 04:46
PSP-1000, FW2.5 JP (factory)... will this work or do i need to update to 2.6 (i read something bout factory fw = bad)

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 3rd, 2006, 04:49
so should i do it?

Well, you will have to if you are thinking of using the downgrader. After all, your trying to downgrade to 1.5, so it will need the 'dump'ed files from it.

I'm not sure about all the legal mumbo jumbo and I don't want to step on any toes, but you can pull one off a PSP that has 1.5 installed, you can download the eboot and do it yourself, or I think there's copies on the net already dumped, but like I said, I dunno if that is ok to do, morally and such.

Anyway, don't attempt the downgrader until you have it. Or it will look for the 1.5 dump... Not find the 1.5 dump... Then roll over and play dead, and your PSP with it. :(

Have fun! :D

ryan_rocks29
July 3rd, 2006, 06:06
so should i do it?
I say if you know exactly what your are doing (not a newbie) and have the 1.50 dump, go for it like I did. If you don't know exactly what to do, don't try and wait for the new eLoader. This is just my opinion so if you are very desperate, go ahead and downgrade.

Mr. Shizzy
July 3rd, 2006, 06:30
I'll try on my friends 2.6 and get back with the results. Man, if it bricks her PSP she is gonna kill me..

MUDD
July 3rd, 2006, 06:33
gotmilk0112 said
so this is what i do:

1.unzip the RAR file

4. run the program

i was wondering how this went.

dont you need the 13 mb eboot and if so where does it go?im going to wait till tommorow and
watch these posts .ive had some problems with getting homebrew to work.so im being careful

thanks again for the help .

uhoh_hotdogs
July 3rd, 2006, 06:41
I really want to download but unfortunately I need version 2.6 filmware. Damn you Sony!

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 07:00
I really want to download but unfortunately I need version 2.6 filmware.
what version you got

ryan_rocks29
July 3rd, 2006, 07:16
gotmilk0112 said
so this is what i do:

1.unzip the RAR file

4. run the program

i was wondering how this went.

dont you need the 13 mb eboot and if so where does it go?im going to wait till tommorow and
watch these posts .ive had some problems with getting homebrew to work.so im being careful

thanks again for the help .
You don't need the EBOOT, you need the 1.5 firmware 'dump' which is all the files in the EBOOT. You can find the firmware dumps from some sites such as psp-hacks.

First, you make the folder DOWNDATER in your GAME folder, put the EBOOT in there. Then, you copy the DOWNDATER folder to the root of your memory stick. Put the firmware dump files in the DOWNDATER folder on the root of your memory stick and your all set.

MUDD
July 3rd, 2006, 07:34
thats all i needed to hear ryan_rocks29 ty and im now a proud owner of a 1.5 .very fast very clean .
fubed up i couldnt sleep till i had this done ,so thanks for the fast reply .now i can go to bed at 2 in the morn and get up in a few hours and go to work a very happy man ,

thanks for everyones help and thank you thank you for being so fast to help ,i hope i can be as helpful to others some day ,

Sterist
July 3rd, 2006, 07:34
if yall are wondering why sony would want to release another update, it's because sony didnt know about that exploit till now, so apon the event that another unpatched savedata exploit or wutever is found, it will still be usable. there is no extra security to block it in 2.70/1

noi
July 3rd, 2006, 07:43
just got finished downgrade!! 2.6 to 1.5...wow!!

REALLY ROCKS!! now im starting to dig ISOs. THANKS again!!

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 07:45
just got finished downgrade!! 2.6 to 1.5...wow!!

REALLY ROCKS!! now im starting to dig ISOs. THANKS again!!
shut up man, no talks about them. you will get banned

Sterist
July 3rd, 2006, 07:53
no no no.... you see.. what he ment to say was "150s" as in 1.50 PSPs ;)

(you owe me one)

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 07:57

(you owe me one)
lol. your pretty slick. but i dont have the power to bann, its just an alert of what his saying before the big guys sees anything

mr_nick666
July 3rd, 2006, 08:53

(you owe me one)

Nice! :) He owes you more than one if he gets away with it! :rolleyes:

I xfire I
July 3rd, 2006, 11:34
i would personally like to thanik everyone that put hard work into this downgrader for 2.5 and 2.6 upgraders, it worked for me and i cant stress enough how please i am with the results, so thanks again and keep up the gd work

Mc_Logical
July 3rd, 2006, 13:47
HELP! hi ppl im new 2 this i dont fully understand lol right i made a folder in GAME called DOWNDATERTEST and put the EBOOT.PBP in that folder then put the downdater_final.rar in root of mem stick by mproot and psp started up gta i run the downdatertest folder it just quikly restarted psp and said cant read disc error NO! 1.5 but i tryed the 1.5 help dump thing in root of mem stick loaded the downdatertest again done same thing quiklty restarted what am i doing wrong? plz help 1.5 ahhhhh! lol

razero.we
July 3rd, 2006, 13:49
My Europe PSP 1004K was in the begining version 2.01
and i uppgraded it in december last year to 2.6 could i downgrade it, if could somebody tell me where to find the files from the 1.5... Please... Someone

RedKing14CA
July 3rd, 2006, 15:11
My Europe PSP 1004K was in the begining version 2.01
and i uppgraded it in december last year to 2.6 could i downgrade it, if could somebody tell me where to find the files from the 1.5... Please... Someone

Yup!!!

i think go to psp-hack.com and download the 1.5 firmware...

dilbert
July 3rd, 2006, 15:40

hi mate. i tried downloading the .rar file and extract it with this pw= I_USE_AT_MY_OWN_RISKS

its giving me an error message. and the files isnt there. ??

scottyboynow
July 3rd, 2006, 15:45
does anyone have a ZIP file of it

cyclonus002
July 3rd, 2006, 16:09
Do I Need A 1.5 Psp To Get The Downdater Folder?

caseyhalone
July 3rd, 2006, 16:09
" I_Use_It_At_My_Own_Risk " IS THE PASSWORD

ITS NOT IN ALL CAPS LIKE THE FIRST POST SAYS

razero.we
July 3rd, 2006, 16:13
It worked!!! Its fu**ing unbelivable!

cyclonus002
July 3rd, 2006, 16:18
My psp was 2.5 and I upgraded to 2.6 would I be a candidate for a fairly successfull downgrade?

KriMe
July 3rd, 2006, 16:36
Where would someone begin to look for the "Downdater" files/folder if they did not have access to a 1.5 Psp?

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 3rd, 2006, 16:38
I would like to know how much space the FINAL version of the downgrader takes up and how much free space is left on the memory stick as I only have a 32mb

I already have the neccessary dumps and files & shit, I just need that question answered before I can go on.

July 3rd, 2006, 17:01
I want to downgrade my 2.6 but I don't know anyone who has a 1.5 PSP. All of my friends have 2.71 PSP's. Also I have one question why is it against the law to put the downdater file on the web sony is already giving it out in the 1.5 update.

eliteflyer
July 3rd, 2006, 17:05
It would be really helpfull if someone could make a step by step video tut! That would make it soo much easier for people like me who don't know much about the PSP :)

And for the people looking for a 1.5 dump and who do not have access to a 1.5 PSP, the final.rar version already has it. DOWNDATER_FINAL>DOWNDATER. Hope this helps :)

The_It
July 3rd, 2006, 17:23
where can I find a 1.50 firmware dump to use in this downgrader? The final version at the beginning of this forum doesn't have the downdater folder in it.

cyclonus002
July 3rd, 2006, 17:25
The downdater folder is 18kb is this right? Do I even need the actual 1.5 firmware dump folders or just the downdater and downdater test folders?

The_It
July 3rd, 2006, 17:34
Can someone tell me how to install the dump files from http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/8 to my psp? I neet to know where to put all of these files, like where to put the prx files.

chaos-is-me
July 3rd, 2006, 17:54
People people people! Instead of being lazy and asking all these questions just look it up for yourself. That's what I did, that's what everyone else has done.

I will help you out by saying to get this downgrade off psp-hacks as it includes the DOWNDATER folder.

d3v1l
July 3rd, 2006, 18:01
ANYONE WANTING THE COMPLETE PACKAGE TO DOWNGRADE, PM me.. i made a folder for my friend, all u need is a memory stick with eloader on it ,n my rar, then ur all set! my friend had a factory 2.5 , n now its a 1.5:D pm me for the rar..

The_It
July 3rd, 2006, 18:02
Thanks, thats all I needed. : )

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 3rd, 2006, 18:19
I would like to know how much space the FINAL version of the downgrader takes up and how much free space is left on the memory stick as I only have a 32mb

I already have the neccessary dumps and files & shit, I just need that question answered before I can go on.

AmI being ignored here? please help

The_It
July 3rd, 2006, 18:52
Ok... how do I use the downgrader from http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/598 . do you just drag the downdatertest file to the games section and downdader to the root of the memory card? And is it bad if there are any extra files in the downdater folder? there are a lot of extra files without file extensions in the rar file.

Elsid
July 3rd, 2006, 19:55
great news for the 2.5 and 2.6 users

RetroGoth
July 3rd, 2006, 20:03
ANYONE WANTING THE COMPLETE PACKAGE TO DOWNGRADE, PM me.. i made a folder for my friend, all u need is a memory stick with eloader on it ,n my rar, then ur all set! my friend had a factory 2.5 , n now its a 1.5:D pm me for the rar..

it worked on factory 2.5? do you know if it worked on factory 2.6?

bullhead
July 3rd, 2006, 20:10
Very very risky...

Bubby_the_Tour_G
July 3rd, 2006, 20:59
"I would like to know how much space the FINAL version of the downgrader takes up and how much free space is left on the memory stick as I only have a 32mb

I already have the neccessary dumps and files & shit, I just need that question answered before I can go on."

Help, please?

Teuras
July 3rd, 2006, 21:01
I can't open the RAR archive because the password doesn't work for me... :mad:

The_It
July 3rd, 2006, 21:02
32 mb should be fine, but that is just a guess.

The_It
July 3rd, 2006, 21:03
this password worked for me:
I_Use_It_At_My_Own_Risk
only the first letter is caps

bullhead
July 3rd, 2006, 21:04
Not that there is any reason at the moment for me to do this, but is it possible to install the fanjita eloader into my psp (devhook) 2.5? after devhook is launched? (and get it to work of course)

Teuras
July 3rd, 2006, 21:05
this password worked for me:
I_Use_It_At_My_Own_Risk
only the first letter is caps
Thanks man! Worked for me!:cool:

The_It
July 3rd, 2006, 21:13
Ok... how do I use the downgrader from http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/598 . do you just drag the downdatertest file to the games section and downdader to the root of the memory card? And is it bad if there are any extra files in the downdater folder?
does anyone know if the downgrader from this website will work perfectly if you do everything correctly?

Teuras
July 3rd, 2006, 22:00
Where can I get the files from 1.5 (because I don't know anyone who has 1.5 and could do it...)

I mean the DOWNDATER folder and those...

gotmilk0112
July 3rd, 2006, 22:06
it comes with it. the "DOWNDATER" folder is the sam thing as if a 1.50 user made it.

gotmilk0112
July 3rd, 2006, 22:07
does anyone know if the downgrader from this website will work perfectly if you do everything correctly?

out of 535 people who did it there were only 3 bricks, 1st one was because power was too low, the 2nd was because of not enough mem stick space and the 3rd one i dont know.

Teuras
July 3rd, 2006, 22:11
it comes with it. the "DOWNDATER" folder is the sam thing as if a 1.50 user made it.in the "src" folder? What do I have to change in it? The README file confused me...

(I have FW 2.6)

KriMe
July 3rd, 2006, 22:57
I wanna do it but im scared :-( I dont wanna $200 paperweight. I think im gonna do it when i get home, Ill video it so you people can see how to do it...or how not to do it if i mess up. ;-) Any advice?

Forsak3n
July 3rd, 2006, 23:17
Ok i need a bit of help...
Can i use my 32 mb

Next
i need a complete walkthrough of each little step to do.
I have 2.6 FW, and I want a walkthrough, because the one given isn't exactly promising to me.

Samball91
July 3rd, 2006, 23:21
yeah, i cant see my numbers for my PSP in the top right corner. Is there any other way so i dont brick my psp? If it bricks i might explode...

ADD:

would it be possible to use another FW and rename it so the PSP is flashed with a 1.0?

fistikuffs
July 3rd, 2006, 23:33
OH YEAH!!! I just did it, I have a 1.5 PSP!! Homebrew here i come!!!!

Shilo
July 3rd, 2006, 23:41
No more crappy 2.5! I got a 1.5 PSP now :) I'm happy :D

cyclonus002
July 4th, 2006, 00:09
Ok I'm a bit confused. I can see two slightly different versions of tutorial. Do I need to put the prx files and the 1.5 dump in the downdater folder or is the thing all ready to go? Its 18kb just to be sure...please someone let me know...

Forsak3n
July 4th, 2006, 07:39
i know what you mean, there isnt a clear tutorial of what to do, we need steps.

fistikuffs
July 4th, 2006, 07:56
i'll post later on exactly how i did it maybe it might help you guys

buffy
July 4th, 2006, 10:50
Could someone please post a few pics of how it needs to set up on memory stick , this would make it clear for everyone as i read a few post of how it needs to be setup and there are a few differance's in what they say.

thanks in advance

r00t
July 4th, 2006, 11:33
I have a few questions mates. I have a 2.5 PSP. I noticed in the read-me it says "A PSP THAT DID NOT COME WITH 2.60 PRE-INSTALLED" Now what I wanna know is, is this gonna work with 2.5.

Sorry if this question has been asked one hundred times before but i'd rather find out through you guys that through myself.

Cheers!

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 11:35
You are going to have to upgrade to 2.60 and then downgrade. Make sure your PSP hasnt got a TA-082 motherboard

r00t
July 4th, 2006, 12:06
So, upgrade from version 2.5 to version 2.6 then, use the downgrader? Also, I checked my motherboard make, the code i see is; R10-1. So im guessing, i'm all ok? Also...another thing, where can I find a 2.6 firmware update file and a 1.5 dump? I'm sorry once again if you've awnsered these questions alot already..

borikua_rocks
July 4th, 2006, 13:54
You are going to have to upgrade to 2.60 and then downgrade. Make sure your PSP hasnt got a TA-082 motherboard

Im actually having some trouble with finding this out. See mines actually comes with numbers, but there not as easy to see as it shows in the video. its actually behind the UMD Disc holder. You can only see the top half of the numbers. Those this pose a problem? In the video, there numbers are easily shown on the top right corner. Mines is on the left hand corner, hidden behind some metal works for the UMD's.

bullhead
July 4th, 2006, 14:06
that was the same for me, you can only see half of the words. It worked like a charm for me. (For IC6001)

bob1234
July 4th, 2006, 14:14
I Can Only Get The Files With Just Empty Folders? Any One Help?

grit
July 4th, 2006, 16:24
I'm a happy black psp 1.50 (2.00 -> 1.50) owner.
But those white ones do look sexy, don't they? ;)

So I want a white one but not 2.60 (2.60 is almost the same as a bricked one, for me).

First thing in the morning I went to the store (Portugal), checked that it wasn't a TA-082 board, Checked the letter on the box (it is has an "I", reported as 2.50).
Got home, charged it a bit, power up, saw the RSS icon and thought "NO!!!, It's a factory 2.60.." :mad:

First UMD it ran : GTA.
Second app: Fanjita's magic stuff.
And then : Alex breakthrou code..

Result: A brand new white psp FW 1.50!!:D :D

Thanks Alex!!

So, it worked perfectly on a factory 2.60. Eat that Sony!

@ Sony: Trow the towel to the floor! You can not win this battle. And I doesn't need to be a war.
Open up that FW. Stop breaking the nice piece of hardware you created. You will not regrát.
And you own Alex one: If it wasn't for the Alex downgrader I wouln'd buy a second PSP in the first place..

NO, I will not upgrade for the PS1 emu.. :p

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 16:54
So, upgrade from version 2.5 to version 2.6 then, use the downgrader? Also, I checked my motherboard make, the code i see is; R10-1. So im guessing, i'm all ok? Also...another thing, where can I find a 2.6 firmware update file and a 1.5 dump? I'm sorry once again if you've awnsered these questions alot already..

Yes upgrade from version 2.5 to version 2.6 then use the downgrader. Yep the code is alright. For the 2.60 update go to psp-hacks.com and go to downloads section then firmware and look for it in there. As for the dump go to psp-hacks.com and look for the 2.6 downgrader package as it includes all the files necessary. It doesnt matter if i have already answered these questions. I was once like you...:)

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 17:02
I'm a happy black psp 1.50 (2.00 -> 1.50) owner.
But those white ones do look sexy, don't they? ;)

So I want a white one but not 2.60 (2.60 is almost the same as a bricked one, for me).

First thing in the morning I went to the store (Portugal), checked that it wasn't a TA-082 board, Checked the letter on the box (it is has an "I", reported as 2.50).
Got home, charged it a bit, power up, saw the RSS icon and thought "NO!!!, It's a factory 2.60.." :mad:

First UMD it ran : GTA.
Second app: Fanjita's magic stuff.
And then : Alex breakthrou code..

Result: A brand new white psp FW 1.50!!:D :D

Thanks Alex!!

So, it worked perfectly on a factory 2.60. Eat that Sony!

@ Sony: Trow the towel to the floor! You can not win this battle. And I doesn't need to be a war.
Open up that FW. Stop breaking the nice piece of hardware you created. You will not regret.
And you own Alex one: If it wasn't for the Alex downgrader I wouln'd buy a second PSP in the first place..

NO, I will not upgrade for the PS1 emu.. :p
lol probably is a leftover hardware from sony , i think thats why it was succesful

grit
July 4th, 2006, 17:15
lol probably is a leftover hardware from sony , i think thats why it was succesful

Lucky me!! :D

But I've eard of others factory 2.60 success, in fact a lot of people stated that it worked great on TA-082..

RockON! ;)

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 17:27
i think those are early models, same as yours, mine is an old model cause mine is the first ones that it came out with the free SPIDER-MAN 2 movie, i was like YAY!!!!!
so yeah,
make sure dont upgrade it cause who knows that the psp will react when downgrading again

grit
July 4th, 2006, 18:31
i think those are early models, same as yours, mine is an old model cause mine is the first ones that it came out with the free SPIDER-MAN 2 movie, i was like YAY!!!!!
so yeah,
make sure dont upgrade it cause who knows that the psp will react when downgrading again

Yeah. They tryed to sell me the box with LocoRoco.. :p
And told me that by the end of the week new PSPs were to arrive...

Now, one question: Would it be wise to upgrade to 2.00 and then downgrade it again to 1.50 just to be safe? Or is it redundant?

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 18:33
1.50-2.00 it is safe from now. but upgrading to 2.50 or 2.60 is a bit too risky for you

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 18:34
I think it is wise if you upgrade to 2.00 and then downgrade it back to 1.50

SINIStER
July 4th, 2006, 18:40
Why do this?
Im just curious.

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 18:47
Because downgrading from 2.60 may make 1.50 buggy and downgrading from 2.00 is perfect and has no bugs and many people have downgraded from 2.00

acemang
July 4th, 2006, 19:33
Hi guys

I just got my psp with 2.01. how do i downgrade.
will this work, without upgrading

bullhead
July 4th, 2006, 19:46
I did the 2.0 upgrade then used the MPH downgrader, just to be sure. No problems as of yet, so im chuffed to say the least...

zx-81
July 4th, 2006, 21:13
It works perfectly with a factory 2.5FW (europe) :).

grit
July 4th, 2006, 22:27

Yes, that's what I thought, thanx.

And I've just done that, but I got a little scared because the downgrader (I mean the version changer) didn't create the index.dat.bak file as it should.. Still, I as able to upgrade to 1.5, but..
What do you think?

In the end it seems that everything went OK..

r00t
July 4th, 2006, 22:36
Yes upgrade from version 2.5 to version 2.6 then use the downgrader. Yep the code is alright. For the 2.60 update go to psp-hacks.com and go to downloads section then firmware and look for it in there. As for the dump go to psp-hacks.com and look for the 2.6 downgrader package as it includes all the files necessary. It doesnt matter if i have already answered these questions. I was once like you...:)

Thanks alot for all the help mate. Waiting for my 4gig card to fill up with homebrew now :D

grit
July 4th, 2006, 23:11
Yes, that's what I thought, thanx.

And I've just done that, but I got a little scared because the downgrader (I mean the version changer) didn't create the index.dat.bak file as it should.. Still, I as able to upgrade to 1.5, but..
What do you think?

In the end it seems that everything went OK..

What I wanna say is if I as able to upgrade to 1.50 the version changer worked regardless of the index.dat.bak file creation, right?
This file doesn't have nothing to do with the downgrader itself, right?

All seems fine, I just want to be sure..

TIA for an answer. :)

amoeller
July 5th, 2006, 03:44
This downgrader worked perfect without any problems!
My PSP originally came with v1.0! So i guess that's why it worked so good. Just the problem is some of my new games are 2.6 games and Splinter Cell doesnt work with the UMD emulator so i went back to 2.6 for now until they fully crack 2.6 firmware so it will work. Is there any problems with upgrading and downgrading multiple times that can mess my PSP up?

Thanks.

mike22303
July 5th, 2006, 04:11
please help......if someone can send me the needed 1.5 dump it would be greatly appreciated....im going nuts trying to find it with no luck.... e-mail [email protected]

ph14258
July 5th, 2006, 10:42
just confirming to some readers that the downgrader has worked ok for me.
i purchased my psp 2.6 version second user off ebay, i had no idea of it's history, whether it had been upgraded or was original 2.6 version.
there was no printing at all on the psp's board where told to look before attempting downgrade so i took a chance. it worked fine for me.
whole process from start to finish took around 4 minutes.
i used the downgrader 2.50/2.60enfull.exe file with the talk through guide on pc.

leon poole
July 5th, 2006, 19:07
Mine keeps saying wrong password when i try to unzip it

nahpxela
July 5th, 2006, 19:31
Another success here downgrading it to 1.5 with a NON TA-082.

Updated FACTORY 2.5 -> 2.6, then from 2.6 -> 1.5. Checked system firmware and its now 1.5:D

Good luck!

Samball91
July 5th, 2006, 19:43
my letters are in the top right of the mobo but i cannot read them, should i automatically assume that it is a TA-082 and screw it or should i take my PSP apart and look/ try and decipher the numbers?

DaVo^^
July 5th, 2006, 23:14
What does this "1.5 DUMP" mean?

steven1980cad
July 5th, 2006, 23:58
Hi All,

Downgrading yes it works.

I recently downgraded my factory 2.5 to 1.5 using Downgrader2.50-2.60ENFULL.exe from psp-hacks.
The 1.5 dump is already there, and i didnt upgrade to 2.6 before downgrading.

This does the file transfers for you so i reconmend it.

I also used devhook042a.rar to play my GTA UMD that req`d fw2.5.

At the moment everything is working perfect,

Overall its fantastic,
Thank you to all the coders. I know thats a lot of coders who`s ideas came together to make this work.

grum1982
July 6th, 2006, 01:07
Alright folks.
Had a Jap white (factory) 2.5 PSP. upgraded to 2.6 then downgrade using Downdater final to 1.5. Everything working perfect. Class!
My Friend has a factory 2.6 any chance of the downdater working for him? Has it worked for anyone else. Im a PSP down if I try it and it doesn't work. Any help much appreciated.

Galiano
July 6th, 2006, 23:26
this is great downgrading all over the place sony are gonna be pissed

dunny555
July 6th, 2006, 23:29
this is great downgrading all over the place sony are gonna be pissed

sony aint gonna be happy thats for sure lol poor them:p

Darc 1
July 7th, 2006, 19:05
Can anyone help?
I have tried downgrading, followed all the steps and all that comes up is the disc can not be read. The memory light only lights for a few seconds aswell, not 2-3 mins as others have said.

Ive taken the battery out rebooted several times and still nothing? any Ideas?

Its 2.60

siege07
July 10th, 2006, 01:11
does anybody have the dump file? I'm the only person in my gay little town who owns a psp! If anyone has it could you send it to me at [email protected]

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 01:21
does anybody have the dump file? I'm the only person in my gay little town who owns a psp! If anyone has it could you send it to me at [email protected]
go to www.psp-hacks.com and get the 2.5/2.6 final downgrader it has ALL the files that u need

siege07
July 11th, 2006, 00:00
go to www.psp-hacks.com and get the 2.5/2.6 final downgrader it has ALL the files that u need

Thanks they had the .exe file that runs automaticaly so you don't need the dump file from the 1.5 psp sweet go to this link if you had the same problem as me http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/605
thanks BLazed247!!

markyg
July 11th, 2006, 09:18
Thanks wraggster for the tutorial, worked perfectly first time on 3 PSP's i tried. Mates are all happy now!!

Unfortunately, my little brother upgraded mine to 2.71!

r00t
July 11th, 2006, 13:08
I can't get this to work. I've used the Easy installed now aswell and my screen goes black for about 10seconds and then says Disk cannot be read. The readme is written in very bad english and i'm finding it hard to understand.

I tried the above methed. The "Downgrader2.50-2.60ENFULL.exe" Gave me the same error...

siege07
July 12th, 2006, 01:05
I can't get this to work. I've used the Easy installed now aswell and my screen goes black for about 10seconds and then says Disk cannot be read. The readme is written in very bad english and i'm finding it hard to understand.

I tried the above methed. The "Downgrader2.50-2.60ENFULL.exe" Gave me the same error...

When you bought your psp did the 2.5 firmware come preinstalled or did you upgrade it from a previous version?

Viralmind
July 12th, 2006, 02:57
worked the first time i tried it.
nice, and pretty easy to do.

only thing is, every time i reboot, it says "to start, you must update the system software."

i can just bypass that by clicking ok, but it is kind of annoying.

lnknman11
July 13th, 2006, 02:05
i feel really dumb asking this, but do you need grand theft auto:liberty city stories to use the downgrader, or can you use any game?

horacehogarth
July 13th, 2006, 16:19
Can anyone point me to where i can get the update to Firmware 2.6 file?

horacehogarth
July 13th, 2006, 16:20
So i can upgrade to 2.6 before downgrading to 1.5 i mean.

Mast3r-of-Disa5ter
July 14th, 2006, 12:01
SONY ARE GONA BE PISSSEED !!! LMAO
anyways, has anyone got a 1.5 dump file, or is there a 1.5 user that has dun it, cuz i need tha file to downgrade ma v2.6 psp, plz help, im a v2.6 sufferer!1

Mast3r-of-Disa5ter
July 14th, 2006, 14:16
i feel really dumb asking this, but do you need grand theft auto:liberty city stories to use the downgrader, or can you use any game?

ur not on ur own, i had the same problem and am a bit confused too! lol plz sum1 help:(

minihippo
July 14th, 2006, 18:58
what do u mean by the dump 1.5 thingy??????

Tepskon
July 15th, 2006, 04:54
Wrong Password?

oreosmuggler
July 15th, 2006, 09:24
So, i have just 32mb, can someone tell me if they have succesfully done the downgrade with the standard memory stick, that would be a big help, thanks

bumfacekilla
July 15th, 2006, 16:41
I am a bit of a noob to all of this, i really want 1.5 firmware but i am a little scared. I've already (embarrasingly) bricked one psp and dont want to do it again, can anyone provide a real idiot proof guide?

bigalan2006
July 15th, 2006, 17:16
hi i have a psp v2.01 yep i did update from 2.0 its a psp 1003 model if that helps i want to downgrade it to v1.5 can anyone help me out thanks

LAMPRO
July 15th, 2006, 18:19
wheres the 2.7 downgrader??????????????

JonasDA87
July 15th, 2006, 21:33
This is working for me, when I was prompted to type in the password I typed it in and recieved an error message telling me it was bad block...what the hell man?

bumfacekilla
July 15th, 2006, 23:19
Ignore my previous post, I am now the proud owner of a ceramic white v1.5 psp, (and a shiny black brick) devhook here i come!

PSPFR3AK
July 16th, 2006, 09:48
Mine is IC8001
That ok?

The Rs
July 17th, 2006, 20:22
Can I format my card after the whole process?

The Rs

devious4444
July 18th, 2006, 18:21
i have a v2.10 and im trying to upgrade to a 2.60 but the update i tried kept sayin it was a 2.00 update and wouldnt let me. does any one know where i can get one? my psp is a european one...thanks :)

Tohoya
July 19th, 2006, 01:33
pw's not working for me. Odd thing is, it says bad pw, but the directories get unzipped and the files don't. I'm using this pw: I_USE_AT_MY_OWN_RISKS

minihippo
July 19th, 2006, 18:49
so if i get the final downdater thing...the file that ends with .rar, do i just put that in the root of my mem stick and it will act as a downdater or what???i have been trying to downgrade for days....ive gona to blockbusters all over the town looking for gta....and when i finally got it, i see that i need some downdater thing. PLEEEEZ I BEG YOU!!!!

BL4Z3D247
July 19th, 2006, 19:08
so if i get the final downdater thing...the file that ends with .rar, do i just put that in the root of my mem stick and it will act as a downdater or what???i have been trying to downgrade for days....ive gona to blockbusters all over the town looking for gta....and when i finally got it, i see that i need some downdater thing. PLEEEEZ I BEG YOU!!!!
go to www.psp-hacks.com and "search for 2.5/2.6 downgrader final" download either the 2.5 or 2.6(whatever one u have) rar file this will have everything u need the just drag and drop the folders to where it tells u in the README, ur psp needs to be at 100% battery life and the ac adapter plugged in aswell

helperdude
July 19th, 2006, 22:09
When he said that the downdater cannot be used when those numbers are in the top right hand corner. I have nothing there. But when I open it.... on the top of the inside silver thing, I see half of numbers, what then?

r00t
July 20th, 2006, 23:57
When you bought your psp did the 2.5 firmware come preinstalled or did you upgrade it from a previous version?

It came with 2.5!

lizzyross
July 21st, 2006, 20:31
I can not get the password accepted.

I am trying

I_Use_It_At_My_Own_Risk

Please advise

jack|roden
July 24th, 2006, 17:34
does n e one no where to get 2.50 firmware update, cus i need it to downgrade, and i cant find it n e where

killerbob321
July 25th, 2006, 16:35
ok im a little worried so i need some approval from people if this is correct

DOWNDATERTEST is in my game folder
DOWNDATER next to the folders like PSP, MP_ROOT, and such (i dont kno if thats were the root is im such a n00b lol)

ive been looking online and ive seen people do different things and its made me confused and worried. so all i ask is if this is the right setup :D

i have also heard that you need to copy the eboot from DOWNDATERTEST and put it in DOWNDATER. is this true?

killerbob321
July 25th, 2006, 18:36
ok lol dont waste ur time answering my question, i got impatient and tried it and it was a success. w00t!!!

Malox
August 1st, 2006, 17:46
yo da password dow work

Erion
August 1st, 2006, 19:08
i need the DOWNDATER files to Downgrade my new 2.60 psp, were can i get the file/folder

pt9087
August 5th, 2006, 17:39
well, im just glad iv never updated my psp

a 1.5 is what every psp needs...

machine413
August 6th, 2006, 03:30
Hi there, I registered just to post this: reporting 100% success in downgrading UK (PSP-1003) black PSP with factory 2.50 FW. I first upgraded to 2.60 (which is CRUCIAL and not documented enough) then used Easy Downgrader FULL version. Once downgraded, I used the auto installer for DevHook 0.46 and all the ISOs I have are working perfectly without playing around with settings etc..., even recent games such as Loco Roco.

Little things I gathered from different forums:
-You need to upgrade your PSP at least ONCE before using the downgrader. If you have a factory 2.60, I recommend you DO NOT downgrade as the risk of bricking it are too high.
-When updating to 2.60 FW, don't worry about where the FW install files are from (USA, JPN, EUR are all identical)
-Same thing for ISOs.
-Make sure you are sober when downgrading.

Thanks to all involved in making the downgrader, as well as all the good samaritans helping out on the user forums.

Festizzio
August 6th, 2006, 04:09
Hi there, I registered just to post this: reporting 100% success in downgrading UK (PSP-1003) black PSP with factory 2.50 FW. I first upgraded to 2.60 (which is CRUCIAL and not documented enough) then used Easy Downgrader FULL version. Once downgraded, I used the auto installer for DevHook 0.46 and all the ISOs I have are working perfectly without playing around with settings etc..., even recent games such as Loco Roco.

Little things I gathered from different forums:
-You need to upgrade your PSP at least ONCE before using the downgrader. If you have a factory 2.60, I recommend you DO NOT downgrade as the risk of bricking it are too high.
-When updating to 2.60 FW, don't worry about where the FW install files are from (USA, JPN, EUR are all identical)
-Same thing for ISOs.
-Make sure you are sober when downgrading.

Thanks to all involved in making the downgrader, as well as all the good samaritans helping out on the user forums.

2.5 is downgradable, no need to update to 2.6. Also, a factory 2.6 is most likely a TA-82 motherboard, of course the risk of it bricking is high. Just a little info for ya.:)

machine413
August 6th, 2006, 16:11
2.5 is downgradable, no need to update to 2.6. Also, a factory 2.6 is most likely a TA-82 motherboard, of course the risk of it bricking is high. Just a little info for ya.:)

Fair enough, however I have heard of a few brick reports involving factory 2.50FW. To make sure I would still recommend upgrading to 2.60 first.

Cheers!

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 18:07
make sure you dont have a TA-082 motherboard just in case. to do that, open your umd drive and look at the top right corner where theres a little green. if you see writing there, you have a TA-082, if you dont see writing there, then its ok to downgrade

andy675
August 6th, 2006, 18:34
hi i need a bit of help were can i get the 1.50 dump from?

gtgpeople
August 8th, 2006, 00:04
has anyone tried this downgrader with a 2.6 psp. my psp was repaired 2 times and is not a ta-082 psp. when i first got my psp it was v1.5 then i had to get it repaired do you think sony fix my psp or just replaced it with a new one. it is still safe to downgrade it? someone plz help!

Subliminal
August 8th, 2006, 06:44
Is that ZIP file on the first post all I need to downgrade? I don't know anyone that has a 1.5 psp.

Kramer
August 8th, 2006, 06:48
yeah that and a 1.5 dump just search on google and you should find a dump

Subliminal
August 8th, 2006, 06:50
I'm scared to search google for dumps because what if they are fake or have viruses? What is the approximate size of the 1.5 dump?

Kramer
August 8th, 2006, 07:01
alright go here www.psp-hacks.com (http://www.psp-hacks.com) they have the full downgrade pack in the download section ive used the one from there twice so dont worry about bricking.
have you made sure you dont have TA-082

Subliminal
August 8th, 2006, 07:02
Thanks so much mate.

Kramer
August 8th, 2006, 07:05
thats cool dude

jluxe
August 9th, 2006, 17:45
hey guys, could someone pm me or email me about the 1.5 dump?
thanks
[email protected]

Physicist
August 9th, 2006, 21:24
i downgraded mine without any problems at all.
yesterday i downgraded my friends psp. and we tried to have a WLAN multiplayer game of QUAKE on our PSPs. but for some reason his game crashes when he tries to activate the WLAN and it fails the connecton test, the green light wont even come on. the thing is we dont know if this problem has occured in the downgrading process or not. we played GTA multiplayer a few times before we downgraded. So i dont know what is wrong. Has anyone else had a similar problem? it seems the PSP recognises that the WLAN switch is on, it attempts to connect, just nothing happens. :confused:

Kramer
August 9th, 2006, 21:54
try upgrading to 2.0 then downgrading that might fix the problem

Physicist
August 10th, 2006, 22:01
we did that. but then couldnt find a downgrader for 2.0 to 1.5, well i found one eventually. it was a bit more complicated than the easy downgrader. and it actually said that the downgrade failed, but it still works as 1.5.
his WLAN still wont come on. :confused:

Method Man
August 11th, 2006, 16:07
to downdate i need this:
DOWNDATER\inputfl.bin
DOWNDATER\outputfl.bin
right? where i can get it from?
can u send it to my email adress:
[email protected]

sorry 4 possible misstakes, but I am a german one

my3awds
August 12th, 2006, 00:06
Hi, I just wanted to make sure this is a plausable way to downgrade. A friend bought a used PSP with no numbers on the motherboard (no IC) and it had a version 2.00. So I wanted to upgrade his psp to version 2.6 or 2.5, then use this downgrade to get 1.5. Should work, right?

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 00:07
yes. it should.

my3awds
August 12th, 2006, 03:36
Thank you for confirming. Worked like a charm.

Method Man
August 12th, 2006, 09:47
to downdate i need this:
DOWNDATER\inputfl.bin
DOWNDATER\outputfl.bin
right? where i can get it from?
can u send it to my email adress:
[email protected]

sorry 4 possible misstakes, but I am a german one
can somebody answer my question?

rip_la
August 12th, 2006, 23:34
Please someone tell me where the root form my memory stick is. I don't know what a root is.

binary
August 13th, 2006, 15:02
IF THIS IS ALL OK, YOU SHOULD BE SET:
* The two files and two folders mentioned above
* PSP\GAME\DOWNDATERTEST\EB OOT.PBP
* eLoader
* GTA
* A PSP THAT DID NOT COME WITH 2.60 PRE-INSTALLED

I see that the instructions say this downgrade CANNOT be run on a PSP that came with 2.60 pre-installed.

Is there any way to downgrade a PSP that had 2.60 pre-installed?

dejkirkby
August 13th, 2006, 15:23
Please someone tell me where the root form my memory stick is. I don't know what a root is.
When you first link up your psp to your pc and you click on the removable disk icon the root is what comes up (it contains all the files on your psp on the first level.

binary
August 13th, 2006, 16:02
I see that the instructions say this downgrade CANNOT be run on a PSP that came with 2.60 pre-installed.

Is there any way to downgrade a PSP that had 2.60 pre-installed?

Ok, I'll answer my own question.

I did some research on other forums and it seems that a downgrade of a factory 2.60 will be successful as long as that factory 2.60 does NOT come with a TA-082 motherboard.

Apparently most factory 2.60 PSPs come with a TA-082 motherboard but SOME DONT.

If the factory 2.60 DOES NOT come with a TA-082 motherboard then apparently it will work fine. Other forums are posting successful downgrades using factory 2.60 PSPs that dont have a TA-082.

jaws365
August 15th, 2006, 11:39
I have a facory 2.6... did not work... at least it did not brick

danielcf2996
August 17th, 2006, 06:36
my psp is a factory 2.60 but, how do i know if is a ta-82........?

and by the way is that ta-82 a better hardware..

Physicist
August 17th, 2006, 09:06
my psp is a factory 2.60 but, how do i know if is a ta-82........?

and by the way is that ta-82 a better hardware..

I do believe that the instructions tell you where to look. (inside the UMD "door") or something along those lines. I didn't use this particular downgrader.

Mohsins16
August 17th, 2006, 21:06
:(
"I would like to know how much space the FINAL version of the downgrader takes up and how much free space is left on the memory stick as I only have a 32mb

I already have the neccessary dumps and files & shit, I just need that question answered before I can go on."

Help, please?

yo man am hoping u can help me , if u add me on [email protected] , ill tell u whats wrong and if u can help me please it would be great, i put the downgrader on the root of memory stick and all the other stuff aswell and when i run it , it still does not work can anyone help me pleaseee :( :(

danielcf2996
August 18th, 2006, 21:40
ok........... now im confuse...... i bouthg my psp 2 weeks ago, and when i tried to downgrade.. i figured out that is a ta-802..

the number in the umd slot is IC1003 but in the box says: psp 1001

and the ta82 serial is psp 1000

Factory 2.5
psp 1000
psp 1007

Factory 2.6
psp 1003
psp 1006

Upgraded Factory 2.5 to 2.6
psp 1000 (TA-081)
psp 1001
psp 1004

can somebody tell me if my psp is a ta-82 or not?

nicknamekb
August 21st, 2006, 02:41
I start the eloader and start the downgrader then it restarts and says disk cannot be read......wtf do i do

Video_freak
August 21st, 2006, 03:08
I start the eloader and start the downgrader then it restarts and says disk cannot be read......wtf do i do
Are you sure your version of GTA isn't patched?

-Outlaw-
August 21st, 2006, 20:26
My psp is version 2.50 but it does not have a code just inside the umd door. Is it safe to downgrade?

uudem
August 21st, 2006, 21:53
Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it worked
it s simple but I got so scared for a couple of minutes
FIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYY
thx for evrybody that worked on this
thx for BLAZED247 did like u in previous thread p.17
woooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uudem
August 21st, 2006, 21:58
1 thing can I delete the downgrader file now
and the eloader

JD/
August 23rd, 2006, 17:54
yup but if I was you I would upgrade to 2.0 and downgrade back to 1.5 because there are some bugs when you go straight from 2.6 to 1.5

Jimiboni
August 27th, 2006, 20:49
Hello

Have a question.
I have a psp 2.60 and i wanna donwgrade it to 1.50 and the problem is that i have no UMD gta =[. Now can please someone tell me how can i downgrade it whitout the gta UMD? need the completly tutorial. PLEASE!!! Im beging you guys...

motz
August 27th, 2006, 21:00
Hello

Have a question.
I have a psp 2.60 and i wanna donwgrade it to 1.50 and the problem is that i have no UMD gta =[. Now can please someone tell me how can i downgrade it whitout the gta UMD? need the completly tutorial. PLEASE!!! Im beging you guys...
Currently, its not possible as the GTA UMD is required for the exploit to work.

A new exploit is being worked on so there's still hope!

Jimiboni
August 27th, 2006, 21:03
damn! dont know where can i get the game..they are all sold. tnx anyway for the information

S-B
September 4th, 2006, 06:02
Just finished downgrading, worked a charm. Highly recommended to well, everyone with a 2.50 or 2.60 PSP.

CoachMonkey
September 4th, 2006, 07:06
so if i have a ta-802 motherboard, i won't be able to downgrade it at all

basially i gotta go get a psp without one?

and another question

i got the dump folder, but when i put it in my mem stick and accessed it in the psp, it would say corrupt file, any idea why?

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 07:23
u got a copy of an unpatched gta monkey? u'll need to use the GTA eloader unless u wanna upgrade to 2.71 and use the downgrader that doesn't need the gta eloader

and btw there is no downgrader released for ta-082s yet =(

CoachMonkey
September 4th, 2006, 16:57
no i don't have a unpatched gta :-/, and i tried to upgrade it this morning to 2.71 but when i put in the file to upgrade it, my psp would say corrupt data, so i couldn't upgrade

so what should I do?

return this current psp, and hope to get one that isn't ta-082? and then rent an unpathed gta and just downgrade?

madvirus
September 4th, 2006, 21:05
Great effort to mention the steps to downgrade PSP... but I a mlooking for the rar password of the file...

rwithtfallen
September 14th, 2006, 22:28
what was the password again?
i could'nt get it to work...

Sk8.4.Life
September 15th, 2006, 06:18
Does the downgrader still work with the new TIFF version of eLoader? I'm just curious because I'm going over to a friends house tomarrow to help him downgrade his 2.6.

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 06:18
This downgrader works with GTA...

Sk8.4.Life
September 15th, 2006, 06:22
I just scrolled through the last few pages and I found someone saying GTA is required to run the downgrader, so I'll just take my copy over there I guess...

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 06:24
Make sure it only asks for the 2.0 update. ;)