PDA

View Full Version : DSx86 News - Dos Emulator for DS - v0.02 Released!

wraggster
January 10th, 2010, 21:58
Pate (http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/) has released a new version of his DS Emulator for the DS, heres the release notes

Okay, I decided to release version 0.02 now that I have fixed the most annoying problems in 0.01. There is still a lot to do with the opcode support, and then the next big project is to add support for the EGA graphics mode. I also need to improve the current graphics mode support, as there seems to be problems with the palette handling, at least. Space Quest 4 is running but for some reason it thinks DSx86 has a monochrome display so it uses a greyscale palette, and Bad Blood is showing only a few of the colors, all other colors are black.

This version seems to be running Leisure Suit Larry 3 fine, I haven't had the save game corruption problem recently either. As you can see from the picture below, I've played it for long enough that I have over 500 points, so it will run at least that far without problems. I took the picture from the About page, as I thought it was funny to actually play and enjoy a game that is just a bit over 20 years old. :-) Also Solar Winds runs now with Sound Blaster digital sound effects enabled, as I added the ADPCM sample support.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pbrmagnet
January 11th, 2010, 04:27
This is great!
I tried Leisure Suit Larry using Scummvm Ds, and it worked up until you answered all the questions right in the beginning then it crashed.

JushinLiger
January 13th, 2010, 09:36
Would this be capable of running the original Duke Nuekm platformer in later releases?

crookedmouth
January 13th, 2010, 12:31
Would this be capable of running the original Duke Nuekm platformer in later releases?

I bet it could do the first one. I just tried it and for now it needs EGA support and there was a bunch of INT call errors.