PDA

View Full Version : Tekken: Dark Resurrection Revives Retailers

wraggster
July 26th, 2006, 18:31
Article from IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/720/720935p1.html)

Today Namco Bandai announced that Tekken: Dark Resurrection has shipped and will be hitting stores across North America in due time. This game marks the debut of the series on the PSP, and contains a variety of new features that should please fans.

The newest installment features two new characters, Lili and Dragunov, as well as the return of many classic Tekken fan-favorites including Jin, Paul, and Kazuya. The game not only features the standard battle, but also a variety of mini-games including Tekken Bowling and Gold Rush modes. Also new to the series is the inclusion of a "Ghost" mode, which allows players to save and upload their "ghost" data as well as download other players' data from the Internet to their PSP.

Dickhead
July 26th, 2006, 20:22
what firmware is this game? I have the Jap teken running in Devhook and thats 2.6

NoQuarter
July 26th, 2006, 22:32
All hail Tekken 5DR.
I dunno which firmware the American version is, though I would assume it to be the same as the jap

emuking
July 27th, 2006, 00:50
they probaly put 2.7 or 2.71 because of devhook though but thats not a problem :D

mungrin
July 27th, 2006, 03:04
I just bought this game .Im a noob.I have a 1.5 PsP.I play emulators and stuff but i want to play this game.How can I?I did my research and i downlared DevHook .45 but the instrustions are so confusing to me.I dont understand all this PBP and stuff.Can someone help?Is there a file i can just download like an all in one installer with doing all that PBP stuff?

NoQuarter
July 27th, 2006, 03:41
Don't use the full-installer nonsense it just includes unessary stuff you can find full installs of .44-just overwrite the dh folder with the one from .45

skater9269
July 27th, 2006, 04:42
i got mine this morning the 26 it requires 2.6 not a problem for devhook thank god it is pretty sweet

vettacossx
July 27th, 2006, 04:51
well i grabed my copy today the sec it was available had it on reserve! some info from a gamer ;) who got it today!

first of all my version is from EB in the usa it requires 2.6 firmeware and works just fine on my legal dev hook from DCemu! whats more is all the xharicters can be costimized! to have a uniqe look! you have to PURCHASE these looks however ( somthing that was not mentioned ;) ) it could be compared to the costimizable features of SOUL CALIBUR 3 in that way ;) as far as the game its self gr8 story this time around and heihatchi;s dramatic return makes for a really nice ending in story mode ;)) another soul calibur-ish trait that tekken dark ressurection kinda took on is the RANK system in tekken do-jo....you start out as a 09th KYU rank and then after working up to 1rst kyu the next time you are " promoted" in rank your KYU rank goes to 1rst DAN status ( this is like grand master of the gorgon in soul calibur ) putting aside those GOOD similar traits...this is a very original and very very fun tekken portable with no details IR CHARICTERS to spare the game delivers all you may exspect and more!!!

p,s, anyone who figures out how to unlock tekken bowling TELL VETTA :( PM me IM me MAIL me please thanx in advanced!

ACID
July 27th, 2006, 04:58
This game is awsome.

samthegreat68
July 27th, 2006, 06:08
buying this tomorrow. hopefully they have any left at the mall.

Baboon
July 27th, 2006, 11:46
p,s, anyone who figures out how to unlock tekken bowling TELL VETTA :( PM me IM me MAIL me please thanx in advanced!

Complete story mode 3 times. :D

Bobby Lemain
July 27th, 2006, 19:18
the game is 2.71 and i got mine reserved from gamestop! :) The gfx r exactly the same as the ps2 version (not the menus or loading) and the ends are the same exept for the 3 extra people and the intro movie is differnt but overall this pwns any game i used to have! (i have dev hook so no prob, and in decempber i got a second psp just for this game cus i would probably beat the helll out of the dpad)... and no it wasnt bundled with anyhting :(