PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus "Spiff Up" V1.0 - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

Wally
September 22nd, 2006, 03:39
Daedalus "Spiff Up" AKA Daedalus Wally
V 1.0

Hi everyone,
New release of Daedalus Wally for everyone to enjoy. There are no optimizations done but there are many graphical fixes to share.
My aim is to complete the graphical side of daedalus so that StrmnNrmn can concentrate on the optimizations, compatibility and speed side also to keep the waiting game at ease

Improvements:
Micro Machines - Generally not much improvement, however characters are now visible and map is slightly better.

Super Smash Bros :

Characters are now all once piece (Yes i know they have no facial detail and some look funny but this will be fixed in the future.)
Intro is now fun to watch
Nintendo logo is visible @ start (i need to know if its red or not)

Pointer is visible but then disappears when you move it off the stage

-----> NOTE TO GET THIS GAME PLAYABLE TURN DYNAREC OFF <------
Note : This doesnt seem to be getting ingame without support of PSPlink, quite an odd bug really, i swear to you it goes ingame. Here is a screenshot to support my claim
http://www.dosgames.com/~wally4000/sd0002.jpg

World is not enough:
Not many fixes here except the carpet is red where you start and walls have less black dots, this needs more experience

Diddy Kong Racing:
Some Text at start
Im trying to figure out why it stays blue,
I think it has something to do with the way the blending is done

These fixes may fix some other problems in some other games, however its not guaranteed

There is still a lot to learn, a lot to implement etc but eventually it will be all done**

This wouldn't have been possible without:
sRoon - Providing mux files and feedback
Infernomax - Testing & feedback & Mux files
Briggzy11 - Testing & feedback & Mux files
Video_Freak - Testing & Feedback
Tatsujin - Providing mux files and feedback
SkaterDude - Gave me the idea of adding graphics
Yourself - For viewing this

Disclaimer:
PLEASE DO NOT ASK HOW TO ADD GRAPHICS, this would make it hard on myself and strmnNrmn when it comes to 100000 separate daedalus builds also explaining every fine detail to you is impossible. However if there is a game that everyone would love to play (Im sure its SSB) that has graphical issues please post it with a good reason and screenshots of graphical hiccups. Zelda OOT will be done in the future when its quicker. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL CODER SO THERE!

These fixes are not related to speed, speedups, or compatibility (depends if the game runs and its a black screen such as tom and jerry, random crashes with)

** In 100 years

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Video_freak
September 22nd, 2006, 03:39
Thanks wally. ;)

NoQuarter
September 22nd, 2006, 03:55
Right on wally,thanx guy!

BL4Z3D247
September 22nd, 2006, 04:50
u the man wally :)

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 06:58
Thanks wally

M!ckeY
September 22nd, 2006, 07:04
good work wally :)

infernomax
September 22nd, 2006, 07:30
Excellent work wally, Hope to see this continue into all the upcoming daedalus's... Keep it up ^_^

Nafogel
September 22nd, 2006, 07:47
great work, super smash bros is on my top 3 list of games i realy wanna play with daedalus. mario64 and zelda oot are 1st and second. its nice to see this emu moving along

Tonx_9
September 22nd, 2006, 07:47
i just wated to tell every1 that my psp runs super smash bros on Daedalus better than the screen shots and same with banjo kazzoie! Anyway great work Wally

mr_nick666
September 22nd, 2006, 08:54
There is still a lot to learn, a lot to implement etc but eventually it will be all done**

** In 100 years

/\ /\ Laughed my ass off! :D Great work Wally ;) Sharing the burdon on this will only mean we get better and better releases - thanks :)

razorak
September 22nd, 2006, 08:59
nice job...finally decided to release your work. Keep it up :D

Rocksil
September 22nd, 2006, 11:03
Yeah this is great stuff :D

PSPKOR
September 22nd, 2006, 11:34
Great work wally, nice little update.:)

Nikolaos
September 22nd, 2006, 12:33
good job :) ima test it after school

gslop
September 22nd, 2006, 12:50
thanks

Basil Zero
September 22nd, 2006, 13:18
awesome, this brings hope that N64 will be playable fully soon

Briggzy11
September 22nd, 2006, 14:15
Cheers wally this is great stuff, Kym told me you were gonna relese this :) Then I get mentioned :) even better, good stuff Wally...

watupgroupie
September 22nd, 2006, 16:08
could someone tell me what setting's to use when playing super smash bros cause i launch it and play's the intro screen then it just freeze's and the main menu won't show up. also since i have 1.5 should i use the kxploit to run it cause it only come's with 1 eboot.

Cloud_35
September 22nd, 2006, 16:11
Super Smash Bros. it's almost unplayable still...

Anyway, good job man!!

blackrave
September 22nd, 2006, 17:43
Super job, Wally! You and StrmnNrmn should work together as a team. This way, Daedalus improves dramatically all the time!

Thank you for your work.

coldjim
September 22nd, 2006, 17:52
i just wated to tell every1 that my psp runs super smash bros on Daedalus better than the screen shots and same with banjo kazzoie! Anyway great work Wally

huh? what u on about mate? how is urs better than the rest??

anyway, nice work wally! :D

Zion
September 22nd, 2006, 18:53
Nice Job Wally :D

Tinnus
September 22nd, 2006, 19:26
Is there a kxploited one? :p

Zion
September 22nd, 2006, 21:09
Check the first page again....i uploaded one for you :D

skater9269
September 22nd, 2006, 21:18
Great to see you still working with this I ran out of time any way great job
-skater9269 aka apparently skaterdude

skater9269
September 22nd, 2006, 21:28
btw wally super smash brothers was the first game I did before I ran out of time. So good work.

vettacossx
September 22nd, 2006, 22:01
:Dmuch needed balance kudos! is that smashbros screens wally?:eek: gr8 work;)

diddy kong racing: finally shows SOME graphics 2 quite a nice job wally !!!
racing games like sanfran rush and the extreme g series are looking a ton better as well!!!!:eek:

pibs
September 22nd, 2006, 22:57
10 cheers for wally

Festizzio
September 22nd, 2006, 23:14
There's a problem with Super Mario 64, all the star symbols on the doors in the castle are missing, and the coins are invisible.

JD/
September 22nd, 2006, 23:20
in gex enter the gecko you cant see gex when hes on the floor you can only see him when he jumps maybe there are some textures missing or ones that need to be added.

zidanerick
September 23rd, 2006, 01:47
I didnt know you were so talented :P just wish i could do testing for ya :D

hakibou24
September 23rd, 2006, 02:48
few it was long

tophead420
September 23rd, 2006, 09:24
nice work man keep it up

Wally
September 23rd, 2006, 09:25
vettacossx: I thought it might make some other game improvements.

zidanerick: Yeah talented enough not to upgrade to 2.80 :P (This is an inside joke folks, not to lead to any flame wars pls) :P

Tonx_9: I don't believe you could manage to add mux files without experience... Sometimes you people never learn.

skater9269: Heh, if you want to learn how to add mux files properly, im willing to give you tips man! We can work on this together !! (if you ever reply on MSN)

watupgroupie: SSB doesnt work properly without PSPlink for some strange reason (I do plan on looking into this but i doubt i can do anything about it.)

mr_nick666: Im glad you enjoyed that!!! :P

blackrave: We already are, seeing im doing the graphics im also reporting bugs back to him with the emu.

Festizzio: thanks for reporting that, i will try to fix this. I think this might be related to a mux that was conflicting with another rom.

JD/: This is also a known issue, im going to work on this later. As gex isnt getting ingame (for some strange reason) i cant vouch for it working for a while.

Everyone else: Thanks for your support!!!

There is a proper reason why some games dont work (Banjo Tooie, Conkers BFD, Perfect dark and any other expansion pack games or is it 16k eeprom??) .The reason behind this is an unknown task relating to either:
a) Expansion pack isnt emulated properly.
b) 16k eeprom is extremely buggy
c) both

Im soon planning to borrow a mates N64 just to check that everything is the way it should be rendered. So that the emu looks really awesome!

Those who want Kexploited Stuff: Unfortunately there isnt a kxploit app for Mac OS X intel yet, this bugs me too. If you are using 1.50 I do recommend installing the custom firmware (No risk really, takes 1 second to install however you must have full battery and you must get the files from a trusted site.) Just in case something does happen, im not liable for any damage. Having custom firmware means you don't need Kxploit :D and those dredded corrupt icons can disappear forever. If someone is going to Make a kxploit app for Mac Os X Intel Cheers!

acn010
September 23rd, 2006, 15:37
yiou know what i think..........
a person has to do graphical, another person for speed, and another for testing........
thats what think in my opinion.
well done wally, just keep it up until theres no more graphical bugs in the emu :)

goaliedude
September 23rd, 2006, 22:01
thx