PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter the Perfect Wii Game

wraggster
November 2nd, 2006, 18:19
Imagine using the WiiMote as a Wand and by doing different movements to do different spells, could this be a killer idea for a Wii game.

Views on my thoughts ?

jstush04
November 2nd, 2006, 18:24
it sounds like the first harry potter game that i would consider playing. it also reminds me a little of link waving his wand in the wind waker. that would be amazing if it was method-based rather than timing-based. i'm guessing it would be a lot harder, too...

Hawq
November 2nd, 2006, 19:16
I can think of a use for the wand but nintendo wouldnt like it, even after their 'touching is good' ad's ;)

uneekracer
November 2nd, 2006, 22:58
maybe, maybe not it seems kinda weird to me

firewingpegasus
November 3rd, 2006, 05:33
If they did it properly, it would be awesome. I would love to play a game where you actually have to do the movements that JK Rowling says you need XD. I'd buy it instantly.

and that was my second thought ever after I found out what the controller for the wii would be. My first thought being "what the hell? that's odd and sounds awesome" lol.

Gottaa
November 3rd, 2006, 11:11
I think it would work better actually as a non Harry Potter Game, when you watch the films it's more vocal than it is wand waving. It suits to me something I used to do when roleplaying a friends tweaked version of rolemaster where each spell required three movements which the DM would watch and decide what spell you cast (not necessarily what you wanted)

1st Size/Scale of Spell
2nd Element
3rd Shaping

This would work very well allowing 10 size/scale's, 10 elements, 10 shapings which ends with 1,000 different spells. But I'd see it work better in a more action FPS/RPG type over trying to follow a set storyline such as Harry Potter.

Though my first though when I heard of the Wii was ..... "Star Wars" light-sabre, duel light sabres with 2 wii-motes, force powers with the nunchuk ahhh now that could be fun :)

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 11:15
Lol theres about a thousand perfect games I can think of for the Wii but Potter aint one of them.

Cricket would be a top seller in australia but there isnt any developers working on one yet.

SnesR0X
November 5th, 2006, 21:42
Lol theres about a thousand perfect games I can think of for the Wii but Potter aint one of them.

Cricket would be a top seller in australia but there isnt any developers working on one yet.

that sounds.... fun?