PDA

View Full Version : PSP: FW 3.40 On its Way

obiwan22
April 18th, 2007, 22:53
Sony are to release a new version of firmware for the PSP to combat the latest release of Custom Firmware by Dark Alex. Will this battle of firmwares and cracks ever stop. Not a chance in hell.

The Next round of battles is set to begin soon.

http://www.playstation.co.kr/psp/psp01_05_new_3.40.asp

More info via pspfanboy:

The Korean PlayStation website has announced the arrival of yet another update to PSP's official firmware. However, unlike previous updates, this revision will actually remove some functionality from the system. We've translated the text--it appears "Certificate Utility" will no longer appear on the XMB. Rather, the information used to be available in this section will be embedded directly into the games downloaded from the PLAYSTATION Store. This is a rather minor, but puzzling change.

According to the Korean website, the firmware will be released tomorrow, 4/19.

scarph
April 19th, 2007, 00:27
urmm uhh what the hell does this mean

obiwan22
April 19th, 2007, 01:19
Firmware 3.40 Is Coming Out!!!

gr42178
April 19th, 2007, 02:35
Any new features? The source is in chinese...:(

The King
April 19th, 2007, 02:37
wow wen will sony give up

HOMEBREW DOMINATES ALL GUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

wat will it take them to realise this

pkmusicmaker
April 19th, 2007, 02:41
Is it even possible for Sony to stop custom firmware? They make a new one, and no matter how much security they throw in, Dark Alex just uses the update file and we have OE. I say, keep it coming Sony.

gymnotropic
April 19th, 2007, 02:42
• It enjoyed and PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork tie frames the function for was strengthened.
• [This sense civil official] was eliminated.
Information which from [this sense civil official] is indicated with afterwords it will be able to confirm as a same fabrication.
Information the reporter after selecting the icon of the game which it does it selects △ buttons from the option menu [information] consecutively.

• It enjoyed and PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork tie frames the function for was strengthened.
- Was added in the menu [disk speed which it reads].

•From, [RSS Channel] it will be able to indicate the island your day of item and.

• Memory it will be able to indicate the island your day of the video which is stored in Stick Duo™ “VIDEO” folders and.
• “It will be able to remake the file of the next type from VIDEO” folders and.
- File of the lower part size which is MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) videos Main Profile (AVC CABAC)
720×480/352×480/480×272
It will follow in type of ※ data and it will stand and there is a case it will not be able to remake.

Stupid World Lingo. :p

sdpenaloza21
April 19th, 2007, 02:58
Here is a quick run down of what could be in 3.40 at least what i got from max console (from my older post, in homebrew forums, just gonna put it here so we have the info in the same place =P):

all sources and posters of max console noted in quote.

Original Source (Poster: aikanáro) :
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=58033

calvanator of the max console forums:
"it says it increases psx compatibility, that is all."

dodswm of the max console forums:
"A decent translation of the changes are:

Quote:
Certificate Utility has been erased. It can now be accessed by pressing the triangle button and selecting information of the game chosen."

wm4
April 19th, 2007, 03:01
Well, I will tell myself not to say the next OE is coming. Keeping the pace with Sony is not good.

This much too frequent upgrading of firmware by Sony is already not good, anyway. We do not
urge Dark Alex to force himself as fast as
Sony, which is not good. Since the existing OE is perfect for all old games / good games I have
no reason for the newer version.

Thank Dark Alex for his great contributions, proving that he is wise. But I would not thank
him for competing with Sony for every .XX nonsense. Involving with an endless fight like that is
plain stupid.

I say wait is good. I am not desperate for some newer games yet. If I do, I can buy one brand
new / secondhand.

Hiei311
April 19th, 2007, 03:01
"Certificate Utility"
wtf is that????

jamotto
April 19th, 2007, 03:04
In my opinion Sony couldn't care less what modified firmware dark alex puts out, their one and only goal was to prevent the masses from downgrading their psp's. The 3.03 firmware update achieved that goal as the only way to downgrade it is with a very old copy of GTA that is hard to find now.

Anyways, looks like nothing important so far in this update.

IM back!
April 19th, 2007, 03:08
just plain stuped sony!

CaptainMorgan4
April 19th, 2007, 03:10
If it's an increase in psx compatability I think DA would make a custom 3.40 OE-A, but we still have a while to even be thinking about that.

Buddy4point0
April 19th, 2007, 03:10
lol they deleted it to save flash. i cant wait for 3.4 oe

DarthPaul
April 19th, 2007, 03:15
Lol this is funny and nice to hear. O.O

ab88
April 19th, 2007, 03:18
If it's an increase in psx compatability I think DA would make a custom 3.40 OE-A, but we still have a while to even be thinking about that.

He could just add it to the POPs loader that he is (apparently) going to update and save himself and everyone the trouble.

Basil Zero
April 19th, 2007, 03:50
Why dont DA stop making Customfirmware copying Useless firmware by sony.

I say he should make a customfirmware until something "good" comes out of it or until a game needs a certain firmware.

pkmusicmaker
April 19th, 2007, 04:06
Why dont DA stop making Customfirmware copying Useless firmware by sony.

I say he should make a customfirmware until something "good" comes out of it or until a game needs a certain firmware.

Increased PSX compatibility is a good enough reason for me.

lilvietquoc
April 19th, 2007, 04:06
just mean that this new FW wont need to be cracked...

enjoy your vacation =)

Solidsnake3000
April 19th, 2007, 04:18
y wont a good update come out this isn't even worthy of an OE

sourced
April 19th, 2007, 04:20
maybe there is a possible exploit in the 'certificate utility' function. may i suggest that someone try and dig deeper into it?

Tetris999
April 19th, 2007, 04:45
nice to hear

Basil Zero
April 19th, 2007, 05:05
I still dont understand, what the heck did the certificate utility actually do?

sdpenaloza21
April 19th, 2007, 06:07
Source: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=495105#post495105

http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/psp/image/jp/2007_0419_58101e3f6e897725ac55ec1ae3dc07a0/EBOOT.PBP

Released:

4-19-07:
3.40 firmware update Japanese website psp Playstation site.

(Confirmed: Japanese website playstation announcing 3.40 release: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/ud_01.html)

(Note: this is the sony firmware, so you know the deal about 3.11 over no more homebrew xD.)

<a guy comments on the update, not sure if this is the whole update he is describing or just a part of the update>
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=495105#post495105

(poster: mokyurin from max console forums)

"Now you can play Playstation@network titles on PS3.
if you update your psp to 3.40, you can send your savedata from psp to ps3.
so you can continue playing ps titles on ps3 too. ps3 will auto convert savedata to new format.
but, you can not share this new format savedata to 3.30 psp or below."

Veskgar
April 19th, 2007, 06:30
Source: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=495105#post495105

http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/psp/image/jp/2007_0419_58101e3f6e897725ac55ec1ae3dc07a0/EBOOT.PBP

Released:

4-19-07:
3.40 firmware update Japanese website psp Playstation site.

"Now you can play Playstation@network titles on PS3.
if you update your psp to 3.40, you can send your savedata from psp to ps3.
so you can continue playing ps titles on ps3 too. ps3 will auto convert savedata to new format.
but, you can not share this new format savedata to 3.30 psp or below."

If that is true, that is actually cool if you own a PS3. I wonder if Dark_AleX would be able to implement a feature of a future OE custom firmware to let us play our own self-made PSX EBOOTs on the PS3 as well.

That would be something!

I don't think Dark_AleX should feel burdened to release a new OE version everytime SONY updates. Waiting a while for significant updates is definitely a better strategy and probably allows D_A to keep his sanity.

Perhaps with a future version of popsloader we could utilize this new PSX/POPS feature.

obiwan22
April 19th, 2007, 17:56
hey WTF I didn't write that and they changed everything I wrote.