PDA

View Full Version : Quake 3 Arena clone on the LTE 2.0 engine?

Be3f
June 8th, 2007, 11:50
It's near impossible for our homebrew-community to make a real Quake 3 port for PSP (at least, PSP has too low memory and we can't use swapping...) but I think, it is possible to make a Quake 3 clone on another 3D engine!

LTE 2.0 is the most adanced homebrew 3D (with hardware GU rendering) engine for the PSP: it supports many graphic features and has useful modules, such as multiplayer code... and it already has the Quake3.BSP map format support!

Here's a PSP demo of the Quake3.bsp map on LTE 2.0 engine:
www.xd-studio.com/psp/demo.rar

And offical site of the LTE engine:
www.ltestudios.com

I think it's possible to combine Quake 3 sources with LTE sources, to make some kind of a loader of all Quake 3 content (bsp maps, md3 models, wave & mp3 sounds, jpg&tga gfx, dm68 demos, cin videos, cfg config, shaders...) based on LTE engine, with all First-Person Shooter physics, game rules and ballance from Quake 3, Ad-Hock & Infrastructure multiplayer and, maybe most of the Quake 3 console commands... It would be almost true Quake 3! :rolleyes:

I'm not advanced in C coding to do all this work... :( So, programmers - what do you think, is it possible? Does anyone want to start such project? :rolleyes:

BlackShark
June 13th, 2007, 04:57
tell ya what, infrastucture will be possable as soon as Insomiac releases that damn Lib of his , you should ask Charnold for his md3 loader he uses for Dungeons:S

fatcat04912
June 18th, 2007, 03:53
Lol i have the dungeons source code and the iris source code so im set =) dunno if ill ever get around to ding anything with it

noname1
July 14th, 2008, 02:13
It's near impossible for our homebrew-community to make a real Quake 3 port for PSP (at least, PSP has too low memory and we can't use swapping...) but I think, it is possible to make a Quake 3 clone on another 3D engine!

LTE 2.0 is the most adanced homebrew 3D (with hardware GU rendering) engine for the PSP: it supports many graphic features and has useful modules, such as multiplayer code... and it already has the Quake3.BSP map format support!

Here's a PSP demo of the Quake3.bsp map on LTE 2.0 engine:
www.xd-studio.com/psp/demo.rar

And offical site of the LTE engine:
www.ltestudios.com

I think it's possible to combine Quake 3 sources with LTE sources, to make some kind of a loader of all Quake 3 content (bsp maps, md3 models, wave & mp3 sounds, jpg&tga gfx, dm68 demos, cin videos, cfg config, shaders...) based on LTE engine, with all First-Person Shooter physics, game rules and ballance from Quake 3, Ad-Hock & Infrastructure multiplayer and, maybe most of the Quake 3 console commands... It would be almost true Quake 3! :rolleyes:

I'm not advanced in C coding to do all this work... :( So, programmers - what do you think, is it possible? Does anyone want to start such project? :rolleyes:
I'm getting sick of people who say's that it's impossible to create a port of quake 3 to the PSP because it doesn't has enough RAM.
I'm playing quake 3 on my dell axim x51v with only 32 mb free RAM and it runs good altough you need a fast pda for it.
so it's possible to create a port of quake 3 to the PSP especially for the PSP slim wit 64 mb RAM.

I even created this message on my pda.

Zack
July 28th, 2008, 00:05
Yeah saying a Quake 3 port is impossible is going a bit far.

It's possible, with a lot of work.

Be patient and it will happen.