PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Geodata for MapThis, is there a chance?

barbanegra
June 13th, 2007, 15:52
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (also new to the PSP world, as I had already bought it but haven't got it so far), and I'm very much interested in Mapthis.

I have done some research in the forum, and know by now that geodata (which is necessary for driving directions, for instance) is only freely available for US, regretfully, as I am currently in Europe.

Based on that, I have the following question: supposing that I own a copy of some navigation software (Tom Tom, Magellan, you name it), is there a way of extracting the geodata from it, and using it on MapThis?.

I thank you in advance for your answer, and would appreciate any pointers/hints in that respect.
Regards,
Barba

deniska
June 13th, 2007, 20:55
chance are your propriatary data will be encrypted..but if you can make sence of it you can try to convert it to mapThis format, which I can post, if needed...

LaMike
June 14th, 2007, 10:03
Is it possible to get it from I-go? I own it. It is preatty nice since I-go has all Eu countries covered.

riceboi
June 14th, 2007, 13:35
information on how to do this would be great. id like to figure out how to do this for an Australian map :)

Seafal
June 14th, 2007, 14:53
yea that would be cool. Especially since there are some companies who publish their own open source geodata for several countries.

If i just understood more about that q.q