PDA

View Full Version : Duke3D on PSP (Revive)

winxp64
July 24th, 2007, 18:23
i don't want to let it die, but if anybody is interested in picking this up the source is availible.

but i have another question how hard would it be to merge the working eduke code with the port that stereomike did?

http://www.eduke32.com/downloads

http://thesaint.mine.nu/~stereomike/...3d_src_psp.zip

da1writer
July 25th, 2007, 02:06
I second your vote but there currently isn't anyone very capable to doing a project like this. There are two guys who might be able to bring us this miracle though, their name's are kgsws˜ and jurajstyk. jurajstyk ported Hexen 2 (First one to ever do it!)
and kgsws˜ perfected our Heretic and Hexen by making updates to them that fixed most of the bugs encountered.
I for one would love to see a actual descent port of Dukenukem 3d. The source is there but no one is grabbing the oportunity to do it because it probably is way too challenging to handle and updates will have to be a must. If anyone picks this project up, they will have a heavy burden to bear in order to perfect this. I think eduke will be cool to port as well! But again, these two projects would have to be picked up by a developer who would love to please millions and have a challenge in perfecting this awesome game!

MrPeanut
September 2nd, 2007, 09:34
I'm currently working on it. I have been working on it for a week or so and it compiles flawlessly but I'm encountering strange linker errors that I'm trying to get resolved. After that I'll see if it actually runs then work out the kinks. I would have just used stereomike's code but the link is broken, and someone showed me another link of stereomike's port and it turned out to be just the regular jfduke3d source code that you can get anywhere, nothing psp specific. So I've been working on it from scratch :\ Anyway the code base for mine is eduke32. When I went to get jfduke the site was down so I grabbed eduke. I just wanted to let you guys know that atleast ONE person is working on it (me) and I'm not promising anything but progress has been made. The only real problem I've had are these god-damned linker errors:

psp-gcc -o eduke32 obj.nix/game.o obj.nix/actors.o obj.nix/anim.o obj.nix/animlib.o obj.nix/config.o obj.nix/gamedef.o obj.nix/gameexec.o obj.nix/global.o obj.nix/menus.o obj.nix/namesdyn.o obj.nix/player.o obj.nix/premap.o obj.nix/savegame.o obj.nix/sector.o obj.nix/rts.o obj.nix/testcd.o obj.nix/osdfuncs.o obj.nix/osdcmds.o obj.nix/util_lib.o obj.nix/file_lib.o obj.nix/control.o obj.nix/keyboard.o obj.nix/mouse.o obj.nix/mathutil.o obj.nix/scriplib.o obj.nix/audiolib_musicstub.o obj.nix/audiolib_fxstub.o obj.nix/sounds.o eobj.nix/libengine.a -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -lm -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -lpspdebug -lpspgu -lpspctrl -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpsphprm -lpspsdk -lpsprtc -lpspaudio -lc -lpspuser -lpsputility -lpspkernel -lpspnet_inet -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -lsupc++ -Wl,-Map=eduke32.map
obj.nix/game.o: In function `strip_color_codes':
game.c:(.text+0x6fc): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'
game.c:(.text+0x72c): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'
obj.nix/game.o: In function `gametext_':
game.c:(.text+0x87c): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'
game.c:(.text+0x8ac): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'
game.c:(.text+0xa44): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'
game.c:(.text+0xa78): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'
obj.nix/game.o: In function `minitext_':
game.c:(.text+0xfe4): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'
obj.nix/game.o: In function `checksync':
game.c:(.text+0x733c): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `syncstate'
obj.nix/game.o: In function `strget_':
game.c:(.text+0xe2e4): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `__ctype_ptr'

BlackShark
September 3rd, 2007, 07:54
can you post Game.c please?

MrPeanut
September 3rd, 2007, 22:00
game.c isn't the problem. I have errors like that throughout the whole program. What it is, is the linker is trying to cram too much into the small data sections of the executable. I've tried -G0 but it's still not working.

Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough in MIPS relocation to figure out how to fix the problem.

I tried recompiling the toolchain and the SDK but I'm still getting the problems. This is a pretty well documented problem with MIPS architecture but the answer to the problem is not. -G0 should fix the problem but it doesn't in my case so I'm back to the drawing board :)

Be3f
September 5th, 2007, 10:40
MrPeanut - it's great, that you have reincarnated DN-PSP project! (i was sure, that none will pick it up...)

You'd better ask question about compiling on the ps2dev.org forum (here (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewforum.php?f=14)) - just create new thread there... ;)

yaustar
September 5th, 2007, 12:43
MrPeanut - it's great, that you have reincarnated DN-PSP project! (i was sure, that none will pick it up...)

You'd better ask question about compiling on the ps2dev.org forum (here (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewforum.php?f=14)) - just create new thread there... ;)

Already has: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8887&sid=d36ac0616b2f10eb006dfe8ad9bd740a

michael chan
September 8th, 2007, 19:39
we seriously need a good dn port for the psp >_>

HardHat
October 26th, 2007, 17:44
I took a look at the eduke32 site, and it sounds pretty interesting. I haven't looked over the source code yet but maybe I'll have some time for a port in a couple of months.

That -G0 problem will go away if you do a make clean first then add -G0 to the CFLAGS= line of your makefile. It is an easy mistake to make when doing a port.