PDA

View Full Version : 3.40* LE V2 released by Team Wildc*rd!

Cloudhunter
August 8th, 2007, 04:05
Team Wildcard have released an update to their Custom Firmware for the PSP, heres the details

Here it is, the bugfix's

3.40* v2 by Team Wildc*rd
.............................o
.........................o./ \.o
..........................\___/
...........................o |
........................../_. |
...........................\_ ;

This can only be run from 3.40* LE (the original version of 3.40*).

Fixed in this version:
* Removed non-functional File Manager option in the Recovery menu
* In recovery, detects ms0:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and only launches it if it exists
* Fixed problems that kept UMDs from loading properly
* Added support for %__SCE__/__SCE__ homebrew naming style
* Re-enabled the use of GAME150 and GAME340, though you *DO NOT* need them.

-------------------------------
Team Wildc*rd's Two Minute Hate
-------------------------------

* Greetz to Test30 - never before has there been a wannabe quite as ridiculous!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

V3N0M
August 8th, 2007, 05:28
This may very well rival that of M33. Let’s hope they can some how come to an agreement and fuse these custom firmware’s together. Having two great custom firmware’s is fine but combining them and making one amazing custom firmware would be the ideal situation.

Oh and on another note its becoming hard to keep the custom firmware reference up to date! :p Luckily I've been receiving some help so I'll have the thread updated soon! If anyone would like to contribute to my custom firmware reference thread please send a PM with any information you would like to contribute to the thread thanks! For those interested check it out here.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68856 ( As always you are credited for any information you provide ;) )

EvilSeph
August 8th, 2007, 05:34
Healthy competition is good for the scene.

I do not foresee Wildcard working with M33 on one combined firmware. Not to forget the rather large language barrier they'd have to overcome.

mike_jmg
August 8th, 2007, 05:36
source: maxconsole (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=72287)

* Greetz to Test30 - never before has there been a wannabe quite as ridiculous![/INDENT]

LOL :rofl:

Great release, it's good having serious developers doing custom firmwares

V3N0M
August 8th, 2007, 05:44
Healthy competition is good for the scene.

I do not foresee Wildcard working with M33 on one combined firmware. Not to forget the rather large language barrier they'd have to overcome.

Yeah you do make a very good point. I was just looking at this from an idealistic point of view. :p But as you said a little competition never hurt anything I just don't want to find myself wanting both custom firmware’s because each has different/better features that outdoes the other.

masamune
August 8th, 2007, 05:44
sweet, although I was wondering what the file manager in the recovery menu was for... I guess nothing, lol

and test30 is quite ridiculous indeed...

ALTIMITHacker
August 8th, 2007, 06:18
Well, Looks like this will not only rival M33, I believe it has in many ways already surpassed the M33 CFW. Congrats on the good work:thumbup: , cant wait till this goes to firmware 3.52(or 3.51 since thats what your currently working on). '

PS: Keep the ideas rolling out, the more features the better. Easier said than done, but it seems you guys are extremely talented and are capable of great releases.

mfz64
August 8th, 2007, 06:41
Okay, sorry if this is totally off subject but i NEED help! Well, just a couple of days ago, my L-trigger got stuck and my psp detects that im holding the L-trigger down while Im not even close to touching it.....anyway, i did some researching online, and i found out that i had to remove the faceplate and clean the trigger.....well, i don't know about you, but when i solve a problem, another problem comes up.....I've removed the faceplate a couple of times, but this time when i went to take off the bottom screw, the screwdriver wouldn't lock, so i couldn't turn it.....i took a look at the screw's hole and it look missed shaped to me.....how did it happen? i don't know, but i need to find a way to remove it, or i will not be able to play my umd's correctly.....I PLEAD for your help! Thanks for the suggestions......btw, nice update!!

Airdevil
August 8th, 2007, 07:43
Okay, sorry if this is totally off subject but i NEED help! Well, just a couple of days ago, my L-trigger got stuck and my psp detects that im holding the L-trigger down while Im not even close to touching it.....anyway, i did some researching online, and i found out that i had to remove the faceplate and clean the trigger.....well, i don't know about you, but when i solve a problem, another problem comes up.....I've removed the faceplate a couple of times, but this time when i went to take off the bottom screw, the screwdriver wouldn't lock, so i couldn't turn it.....i took a look at the screw's hole and it look missed shaped to me.....how did it happen? i don't know, but i need to find a way to remove it, or i will not be able to play my umd's and iso's correctly.....I PLEAD for your help! Thanks for the suggestions......btw, nice update!!

I was so close to helping you out til u said the word iso at the end.

Sorry iso talk is forbidden here. Its a rule.

kjetil1991
August 8th, 2007, 10:57
anyone using this cf?

ALTIMITHacker
August 8th, 2007, 12:42
anyone using this cf?

Ya, I am. Its pretty good from what I can see, though this is a leaked version, so im sure that this has a couple problems. Basically it made them rush, and get it out too early. However, with this update they sent out, it seems pretty stable. All in all, its a two thumbs up. :thumbup:

tophead420
August 8th, 2007, 12:49
I believe I'll wait for them to release a 2.52 version before I use it. I have waited far to long to play FF8 on my psp and it works best on 3.52. So until then I shall wait patiently for them to make and release it. But its very nice to see them competing with M33. Once the 3.52 version is out I predict this one being used more them M33.

ALTIMITHacker
August 8th, 2007, 12:54
I believe I'll wait for them to release a 2.52 version before I use it. I have waited far to long to play FF8 on my psp and it works best on 3.52. So until then I shall wait patiently for them to make and release it. But its very nice to see them competing with M33. Once the 3.52 version is out I predict this one being used more them M33.

Ya, Legend of Legaia only runs on 3.52 too because of Sonys updated POPS compatibility. Im sure that a lot of people are waiting till this hits 3.52. I personally just had to test it, curiousity gets to me.
And by looking at it from outside the box, this CFW seems to have more features.l
Now by looking inside the box, these coders seem a bit more community friendly than the M33 team, not trying to get money out of the whole thing. lol

tophead420
August 8th, 2007, 13:19
Ya, Legend of Legaia only runs on 3.52 too because of Sonys updated POPS compatibility. Im sure that a lot of people are waiting till this hits 3.52. I personally just had to test it, curiousity gets to me.
And by looking at it from outside the box, this CFW seems to have more features.l
Now by looking inside the box, these coders seem a bit more community friendly than the M33 team, not trying to get money out of the whole thing. lol

I totally agree with your whole post. This one does look much better. Curiosity gets to me to but not this time lol. I know M33 means good with the getting money they need it for tools (mainly PSP's to do testing) But they way they do it is Pathetic. They Always put the donate on every release. WE get the picture by now that we can donate to you if we want to. Theres no reason to put that on every dang post you so happen to type in. Once The 3.52 version of this hits a release Good by Team M33. Unless you can do better then what the wildc*rd team has done with this one. Don't see that happing tho.

mfz64
August 8th, 2007, 15:01
then what if i rephrased it?? umd back-ups?? that are NOT illegal?? or what if i just EDITED my post??

ab88
August 8th, 2007, 18:28
then what if i rephrased it?? umd back-ups?? that are NOT illegal?? or what if i just EDITED my post??

That would be just pathetic and UMD back-ups are just as illegal. UMD is not an open format. You should have made a thread since the beginning.

Tried some of that rust remover lubricant? in a very small quantity it could help a little even if the screw seems all plane at the top.

Edit: BTW I don't get why you edited if someone quoted you...

mfz64
August 8th, 2007, 19:01
That would be just pathetic and UMD back-ups are just as illegal. UMD is not an open format. You should have made a thread since the beginning.

Tried some of that rust remover lubricant? in a very small quantity it could help a little even if the screw seems all plane at the top.

Edit: BTW I don't get why you edited if someone quoted you...

I didn't think that backing up my UMD that I BOUGHT would be illegal...and i don't know why i can't start threads anymore; this site wont let me...