PDA

View Full Version : [PSP] Assault Mission v0.2 Released!

DimensionT
November 20th, 2007, 01:10
I'm proud to present Assault Mission v0.2, the first version that actually feels like a game!!! Lol.

There's still no shooting, but collusion detection and enemy spawning is done. In this version, your main goal is to dodge enemy aircraft untill you make it to your destination.

NEW FEATURES:

*Pre-rendered 3D intro with some classy music :p.
*Simple auto-save feature (you'll only have to watch the intro once).
*Collusion detection and enemy spawning.
*In game dialog.
*Fully functional "Title" and "Pause" menus (aside from the "Options" on the title screen).
*Spiffy EBOOT graphics with perfectly looping AT3.
*Credit screen at the end of the demo, along with thanks.

Here's some screenshots:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Dthsix6six/PSPBackground-1.png
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Dthsix6six/Intro1-1.png
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Dthsix6six/screen-1.png

Please download and leave feedback VIA comments.

EDIT: There was a bug that loaded a sound I didn't provide. The .ZIP file has been updated, as well as a new script for those that already downloaded it. Just overwrite it with the pne I provided.

DarthPaul
November 20th, 2007, 01:32
Yay! Man this game is awesome. The story is simple, but great. And I think it's actually, the only homebrew shooter with a story. You are a beast! Keep up this thing, I wanna shoot some jets in the next release.

Johnny_Mcbride
November 20th, 2007, 02:08
[indent]*Pre-rendered 3D intro with some classy music :p..

I hate it when people say stuff like this, its not rendered. its sinlge 480x272 images, your not "rendering" . The word "render" is used when "Rendering" 3d models, not flat "3d lookalike" images on a image.

Don't take offense to that, people misuse/mis-word things all the time :p

Aside from that, (it looks cool) and this is game is progressing nicely.

Also the way the story is told ingame is cool and its a very nicely done game :), once shooting is in this could be a classic :)

Keep up the good work :)

DimensionT
November 20th, 2007, 02:18
Not to sound like an a**, but get over yourself. They are PRE-RENDERED. I rendered them using 3D models and Carrara 6 PRO.

Anyways, thanks :P.

There's a bug that'll cause the game not to run at all. I'm in thr process if fixing it and uploading a new version (along with a quick fix for people that already downloaded it).

Johnny_Mcbride
November 20th, 2007, 02:26
Not to sound like an a**, but get over yourself. They are PRE-RENDERED. I rendered them using 3D models and Carrara 6 PRO.

Anyways, thanks :P.

There's a bug that'll cause the game not to run at all. I'm in thr process if fixing it and uploading a new version (along with a quick fix for people that already downloaded it).

I know they were originally 3d models, but you made it sound like the whole sequence was done in 3d (like using models in lua in realtime :p)

Anyway, life's too short to argue over crap :p

Keep up the nice work :)

DimensionT
November 20th, 2007, 02:31
I don't like to argue either, lol.

It says Pre-rendered, meaning before hand. I don't see anything there that'd make people think it's realtime 3D graphics.

No worries, lol.

osgeld
November 20th, 2007, 02:54
um ayep pre rendered = rendered beforehand

anyway looks cool, ill check it out in a bit

Johnny_Mcbride
November 20th, 2007, 02:56
um ayep pre rendered = rendered beforehand

anyway looks cool, ill check it out in a bit

my mistake.

sorry

Buddy4point0
November 20th, 2007, 03:48
i like the plot, it was a rly good idea. cant wait to see more man

sourced
November 20th, 2007, 09:09
that bald guy looks pretty nice for a drug dealer.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 20th, 2007, 16:20
you guys are way too ungrateful. regardless of rendering, it takes a lot of time and effort to code something

DimensionT
November 20th, 2007, 20:24
It's ok, mman. He still kinda new around here... I'm sure he'll learn the flow of things before too long.

@DarthPaul:
SafariAl was kind enough to whip up a shooting script fore me. Once I add it and make it work with what I have, I'll post a new version. Probably with more enemy types and a less repetitve level.

I don't know of very many shooting games period that have an actual story. They all just give you a few second of introduction, then tell you to go kill some aliens, lol.

@Buddy4point0:
Thanks, man. What you said about waiting untill the game is done to add story had merit... But adding the intro seriously gave me the motivation to start working on it again.

Johnny_Mcbride
November 20th, 2007, 22:53
who made the music for this game?

It's awesome :D

DimensionT
November 20th, 2007, 22:59
I did :p. Thanks, man!

Johnny_Mcbride
November 21st, 2007, 00:07
I did :p. Thanks, man!

You have talent, nice work :)

DimensionT
November 21st, 2007, 19:52
Thanks again!

If anyone has any input on bugs or what I can do to improve it, please let me know! I'm completely open to ideas you might have.