PDA

View Full Version : PSP sat nav UMD Go!Explore leaked

Baboon
February 11th, 2008, 10:16
The Sony PSP's Go!Explore software has been leaked to the public already.*

The full UMD (UK edition) isn't supposed to be out to purchase till Spring 2008 but people have got hold of an early version of the UMD (possibly a pre-release press version). :eek:

According to various unscrupulous websites it's not a demo but the complete UMD inculding full maps for UK and Ireland. This UMD is confirmed working in the UK with the Sony PSP290 hardware (which has already been released in Japan).

Here's the official information from Sony for the new up and coming software/hardware:

-----------------------
Turn your PSP into a personal GPS Navigation System with Go!Explore.

As of early Spring 2008, PSP owners need never get lost again – thanks to a new addition to the Go! range called Go!Explore which puts 3D city mapping in users’ hands by turning PSP into a state-of-the-art personal GPS Navigation System. Just enter your destination and Go! Explore will do the rest for you.

Go!Explore consists of an attachable GPS (Global Positioning System) receiver and a UMD disc of the user’s chosen maps. At the touch of a button, users will be able to find their position on a map and work out the direction they need to take. Go!Explore works both on foot and in the car, offering a top-notch personal GPS Navigation System at a fraction of the cost of other systems on the market.

On foot, you’ll be able to plot your way through cities in 3D thanks to the fully modelled city maps contained on the UMD discs. Simply load the UDM disc, select your destination, and watch as the city’s landmarks and points of interest appear on-screen in 3D. You can download new maps and upgrades from PLAYSTATION Store (PC) – a resource that guarantees you’ll find those special locations wherever you’re travelling.

When you’re in the car, you’ll benefit from different display modes for day and night, meaning that you’ll always get the clearest view of where you’re going. And you won't need to worry about your battery life or where to put your PSP while driving thanks to the Car Adaptor and Car Mount accessories which will be bundled together in one package.

As well as the awesome power of PSP, Go!Explore uses the technology of two other market leaders: map data industry leader TeleAtlas and navigation software legends NavNGo.

“Go! Explore is a stunning addition to the Go! range,” said Stephane Hareau, PSP Senior Brand Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “Who would have previously thought that PSP owners would be able to use PSP to navigate their way around an unfamiliar city? It’s an awesome product and another testament to the unrivalled potential of PSP.”

There will be three ways to buy Go!Explore for PSP:

GPS receiver and UMD disc (including maps of the relevant country)
GPS receiver, UMD disc (including maps), Car Adaptor and Car Mount
PSP, GPS receiver, UMD disc (including maps), Car Adaptor and Car Mount
Packs mapping the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg will initially be available, and Go!Explore will support 11 unique audio languages on every geographic version. Updates will be available from PLAYSTATION Store (PC) at store.playstation.com.

Go!Explore launches in Spring 2008
-----------------------

Source: The internet.

* Obviously dcemu does not condone the use of pirated material in any shape or form!

Remember kids - Piracy is bad. Mmmkay?

Triv1um
February 11th, 2008, 10:20
You maybe shouldnt post this sort of info.

Baboon
February 11th, 2008, 10:27
You maybe shouldnt post this sort of info.

What that someone has got hold of a leaked version of the gps UMD?

I don't see why not? I'm not posting any illegal links to any of the software or anything... just stating that the UMD has been leaked to the public already? :confused:

I guess its similar to how the banned PSP game 'Manhunt2' posts appeared on here... and then the information for the 'Manhunt2 - unlock the censored information' was posted (only that was regarding iso's) etc?

Mods please correct me if I'm wrong though??

DarthPaul
February 11th, 2008, 10:51
Hm... this is so wrong..

AdamRav
February 11th, 2008, 14:09
Great news for me :D

haha

thanks for the news Baboon

Triv1um
February 11th, 2008, 14:13
What that someone has got hold of a leaked version of the gps UMD?

I don't see why not? I'm not posting any illegal links to any of the software or anything... just stating that the UMD has been leaked to the public already? :confused:

I guess its similar to how the banned PSP game 'Manhunt2' posts appeared on here... and then the information for the 'Manhunt2 - unlock the censored information' was posted (only that was regarding iso's) etc?

Mods please correct me if I'm wrong though??

Different.. The manhunt patch was sort of a Add-on to a already released game.

This is practicly advertising a Leak and then saying its wrong at the bottom.

This will get deleted because they will NOT want this on the front page. Its not what DCEmu is about.

Baboon
February 11th, 2008, 14:32
Different.. The manhunt patch was sort of a Add-on to a already released game.

This is practicly advertising a Leak and then saying its wrong at the bottom.

This will get deleted because they will NOT want this on the front page. Its not what DCEmu is about.

Well when a mod (are there any left on this site now? lol) comments and clarifies the situation then that’s cool... bus as it is I do feel that this is genuine news.

My lame comparison to Manhunt was that the game was banned. The patch to play the uncensored version required you modding the ISO of the game and not the UMD. ...My post here only states that the UMD has been leaked outside of Sony - nothing else??

...what about when Konami and their 'demo' of Silent Hill Origins was leaked online and the news was posted? ...or the information posted previously here about the PSP UMD tools leaked from Sony? ... Official PSP SDK Libraries Leaked?? etc

Don't believe me? ...Here are direct links to some front page news articles from this site (similar subjects?):
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30167
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71801
http://pc-gaming.dcemu.co.uk/vista-sp1-leaked-to-bittorrent-89956.html

- dya you get my point?

DarthPaul
February 11th, 2008, 14:50
I agree with you in that one, Baboon.

But a Demo is something meant to be free, not this. But still, you didn't post any link or mentioned any way to get this. So it's cool as far as I know.

Anyways, I hope a USA version comes out. :D

Triv1um
February 11th, 2008, 14:59
Well when a mod (are there any left on this site now? lol) comments and clarifies the situation then that’s cool... bus as it is I do feel that this is genuine news.

My lame comparison to Manhunt was that the game was banned. The patch to play the uncensored version required you modding the ISO of the game and not the UMD. ...My post here only states that the UMD has been leaked outside of Sony - nothing else??

...what about when Konami and their 'demo' of Silent Hill Origins was leaked online and the news was posted? ...or the information posted previously here about the PSP UMD tools leaked from Sony? ... Official PSP SDK Libraries Leaked?? etc

Don't believe me? ...Here are direct links to some front page news articles from this site (similar subjects?):
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30167
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71801
http://pc-gaming.dcemu.co.uk/vista-sp1-leaked-to-bittorrent-89956.html

- dya you get my point?

Ok ok ok, I know when I have been told.

Baboon
February 11th, 2008, 16:16
Well its been moved so I guess every is ok.

Sorry if I went on a bit there Triv1um... I thought it was a justified post(although I do understand what you are saying). :)

Back on topic - Once this is released I wonder how this will compare to Deniska's homebrew psp gps app?

Veskgar
February 11th, 2008, 19:12
I was glad to see this news. I don't think its wrong to post about this. Sure, outright piracy is lame, but some great stuff in the PSP scene came from "leaks" such as the Pandora with the service-mode battery and/or memory stick left in a PSP. Also, the ability to make animated .pmf icons due to the early UMDTools leak. While those examples may not be entirely the same situation, its in a similar realm if you ask me.

I hope to see maps for Japan and the USA at some point.

F9zDark
February 11th, 2008, 19:41
I wish Sony would release maps of North America; even if it was by region (maybe Time Zone? or "North East, North America; or by states). MapThis works great, but its a pain since the map data (depending on the Zoom level, area size, and detail) can easily fill an entire 4gb memstick.

And sadly, MapThis doesn't support on the fly route calculation :(

I hope to see maps for Japan and the USA at some point.

There are maps for Japan already. When Sony launched the GPS device in Japan, they released the Japan Maps UMD.

gamefreak199101
February 11th, 2008, 20:35
i seen this about 2 days ago and i've also downloaded it

AdamRav
February 11th, 2008, 21:14
i seen this about 2 days ago and i've also downloaded it

Care to share this ???

:)

themadassassin
February 11th, 2008, 21:14
please remove image ( :

Buddy4point0
February 11th, 2008, 21:47
leaked!
awsome too bad i dont have the umd..... yea.... mann..... there is no way ill be able to get one..... cough....ak.......umm

yea that stinks that i cant use that feature on m33 ...cough

gelon
February 11th, 2008, 23:03
http://e.static.blip.tv/Stranno-GoExplorer606-908.jpg (http://blip.tv/file/662417)

http://e.static.blip.tv/Stranno-GoExplorerBetterSpeed436-651.jpg (http://blip.tv/file/662478)

My videos (second have better speed)

I'll not upload to Youtube, Sony-Youtube deleted me two accounts because of a Ratchet and Clanck beta :-(

AdamRav
February 12th, 2008, 00:43
^gelon

care to share the file with us ?

No_one_in_particular
February 12th, 2008, 14:11
That would be piracy, would it not ?

This forum is strictly no-piracy.

AdamRav
February 12th, 2008, 17:06
Great software

works good with the gps device

NoQuarter
February 12th, 2008, 19:05
Leak, huh...

Sounds more like convienent loose fingers, we've had an awfull lot of convienent leaks in the psp scene.

Could be the art of bushido in business.
Sony likes to generate interest ya know.
I could be wrong though.

afteron
February 12th, 2008, 19:44
this is sum shi* worth waitin for

AdamRav
February 12th, 2008, 20:45
dunno but i reckon theres a few bugs in this that could be fixed before the official release

like some house numbers not working

when theres a possibility of a range from 1 to 384 to choose from

diskullone
February 12th, 2008, 22:25
good leaked for me: make me want buy the GPS 290!
this version let me hope a very good gps on psp!

poleeko
February 13th, 2008, 16:53
So, could this be used without the GPS attachment? With only the UMD inserted?

No_one_in_particular
February 13th, 2008, 18:45
Yeh it works with the GPS attachment (not that I've tried) & I can't see why it'd be any harder to get it working on the MS than any other game.

poleeko
February 13th, 2008, 19:30
I know it works with the attachment, what about without it...

diskullone
February 13th, 2008, 21:08
it work without it: you can explore the map, search for location, etc... it's like a 3D map of UK in your psp!

No_one_in_particular
February 13th, 2008, 21:23
Oh sorry, I misread it lol. Yeh, it definitely works without the attachment.

troy1229
February 14th, 2008, 09:00
I am in Ireland, It works great. but Less POI than I expected!!

Panini
February 14th, 2008, 09:07
It works for me with th 290gps. :)

The only bad thing is the hardware is no good. When I drive in my car (on a cloud free sunny day) it regulary loses the signal to the gps. My real tomtom does not have this problem?

I wonder if there is way to boost the signal?

HCHICHA
February 14th, 2008, 20:29
works Go!Explore with holux ??

thanks!

troy1229
February 16th, 2008, 11:42
works Go!Explore with holux ??

thanks!

NO! I tried.

Codaz
February 20th, 2008, 20:55
If you edit it it will work.

See sys_pc.txt in the usrdir in the iso.

pointless211
February 21st, 2008, 19:48
Can anyone find The French Set of Maps anywhere as I can't?

AdamRav
February 21st, 2008, 21:27
Can anyone find The French Set of Maps anywhere as I can't?

there are no maps for france for the time being ...

you could try Deniskas MapThis though

works just as good

Benny28
February 23rd, 2008, 18:43
Can you please advice how I edit the sys_pc.txt file to get this to work with my holux slim 296

Cheers

HCHICHA
February 24th, 2008, 19:51
works Go!Explore with holux ?? ????

No_one_in_particular
February 25th, 2008, 07:08
IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED. At least have the courtesy to read the answer to your question.

harryohh
February 25th, 2008, 17:11
I'm from Ireland so i'll get to check this out.

they want €120 so it would want to be good.

mr_spidder
May 26th, 2008, 10:32
please!!. Can anyone post, how is the process to use the goexp with holux??
Is possible that someone could make a little manual ??

thank's in advance

AdamRav
May 26th, 2008, 12:20
please!!. Can anyone post, how is the process to use the goexp with holux??
Is possible that someone could make a little manual ??

thank's in advance

Not possible

Only the Official Sony GPS Dongle is compatible

kaitandev
July 28th, 2008, 13:15
Not possible

Only the Official Sony GPS Dongle is compatible

it is possible, Codaz did it :thumbup:
see this:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118500