Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dcgnuboy 1.0.4 with zip support

Default dcgnuboy 1.0.4 with zip support

Fackue has released a build of dcgnuboy, the Gameboy hardware emulator for the Dreamcast, that adds ZIP support in response to a porting request at the dcemulation forums. This also merges in the changes from the pre-alpha 1.0.4 release of dcgnuboy that fixes a few bugs.

Quzar has been helping Fackue along the way, removed a bunch of code that was unnecessary. Bilinear filtering has also been disabled in this release.

There is a bug in the program in the menu after loading a few roms. It ends up saying "/cd/gb", and then you have to restart.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Just so you guys know, the menu bug also happens in the original releases of dcgnuboy as well.

DCEmu Coder

Still there was once a DCgnuboy with zip support but i guess it got lost over the time.

The DC scene needs a major bust.
    Starting with GCC and more people.
    Maybe i will return to it...
    Last edited by Mekanaizer; April 9th, 2008 at 05:24.
    &&
    Don't dream, play DreamCast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanaizer View Post
    Still there was once a DCgnuboy with zip support but i guess it got lost over the time.
    No, it was actually gz support, which does work in the original release.

DCEmu Rookie

What's the reason for disabling the filtering? I also assume it runs in an interlaced video mode?

Dream Coder

For some reason the dciberia newspost on this claims that LTK had already ported and released this and it worked fine. They however, link to his subsite on dciberia, and it's nowhere to be found.
    Si nuestros cálculos no fallan, LTK ya había publicado una versión totalmente funcional, lo único que no sabemos es si ya incorporaba la lectura de ficheros en formato zip. LTK.
    If our calculations don't fail us, LTK has already released a totally functional version, the only thing we're not sure of is whether it already incorporated the ability to read files in zip format.
    http://ltk.dciberia.net/

If you look around past the front page you can find a blub on "GBCast" but there is no download listed, and is called a WIP.

Does anyone know anything about it?
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

I noticed that too quzar. I was thinking that maybe they tested it and assumed it was released...? I would like to know too.

What's the reason for disabling the filtering? I also assume it runs in an interlaced video mode?
    I didn't like it, and yes, the video is interlaced on TVs.

DCEmu Rookie

I have a couple request even though it's hard to tell if this will be worked on much. Button mapping and maybe a bit of a speed increase. Just at thought.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by DemoniusX View Post
    I have a couple request even though it's hard to tell if this will be worked on much. Button mapping and maybe a bit of a speed increase. Just at thought.
    Can you name two games that run well and two that run slowly? (to give a basis for compairison)
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Rookie

I'm not sure if this is more an issue of speed or problems with emulation, but games that run rather slow are for example Indiana jones, Magi-Nation, Hype the time quest and Gradius from the GB Konami collection. Among the games that run fine are Dragon Quest Monsters and Harvest Moon titles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information