Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kojima Disappointed With Metal Gear Solid 4

DCEmu Regular

Default Kojima Disappointed With Metal Gear Solid 4

Hi, any of you read the kojima interview on edge???

"When we first showed the game engine at TGS, the staff were really proud and happy. PS3 was a dream machine, y'know, and we were going to work on this and that - and we had so many ideas. But when we actually started developing the game, we realized there were a lot of restrictions and so it turned out how you see it today. The original vision was to go ten steps further, the reality was just one step, which isn't to say we didn't progress.

I remember saying three years ago that we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered - we were creating something we couldn't entirely see

http://kotaku.com/381412/kojima-disa...l-gear-solid-4

What do you think ???
    I Never seen a producer blasting his game few weeks before the release...?!?! What the hell is up with that???

More fuel for the 360 fanboys ay?

Anyway, Kojima are never happy with anything. They are most likely moaning because it doesnt look like it has being filmed. Haha.

I doubt they are using it to its total limit. Just imagine it running on the 360.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

I agree completely with Kojima. I hope Konami will port the game to the Xbox 360

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post

Anyway, Kojima are never happy with anything. They are most likely moaning because it doesnt look like it has being filmed. Haha.

I doubt they are using it to its total limit. Just imagine it running on the 360.

ahah...I didn t post this to fuel fanboy I actually own a ps3 and a fuc$ing broken 360 that I need to send to repair before gta4 get release...

but this kojima thing i can t figure it out..?! why a producer will kill the hype around his own game just before the release...?! why not just keep his mouth shut?!...it s kind of commercial suicide...

or maybe edge got bad evil translator....

Quote Originally Posted by 10shu View Post
    ahah...I didn t post this to fuel fanboy I actually own a ps3 and a fuc$ing broken 360 that I need to send to repair before gta4 get release...

but this kojima thing i can t figure it out..?! why a producer will kill the hype around his own game just before the release...?! why not just keep his mouth shut?!...it s kind of commercial suicide...

or maybe edge got bad evil translator....
    That comment wasnt actually aimed at you.

Well, I really dont think it will effect the way it sells, most people will buy it anyway.

But, he could be just really modist, and we could get a shock on how amazing it is.

Or it could really just be $#@!. Time will tell.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

That comment wasnt actually aimed at you.

Well, I really dont think it will effect the way it sells, most people will buy it anyway.

But, he could be just really modist, and we could get a shock on how amazing it is.

Or it could really just be $#@!. Time will tell.
    Im fairly certain that its gonna be pretty awesome, based on what IGn and others have said about it. Remember, he said he was aiming for the moon, so obviously its not gonna be as good as he hoped.

What would make anyone thing that the x360 could do any better in handling kojima's vision. Kojima said he isn't criticizing the ps3. He only said that what he dreamed of initially, wasn't possible in the end.
    Last edited by law56ker; April 19th, 2008 at 23:28.

Not news, he's done this every time saying he can't make it better. Then he releases MGS3 and it looks and plays even better than the previous game.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    I agree completely with Kojima. I hope Konami will port the game to the Xbox 360
    How right you were Triv1um, how right you were...

Besides - there isn't much power difference. It wouldn't run any better on a 360, despite what some idiots seem to think.

Cloudy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information