Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

Blog Entries

Default DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

UPDATE- This works on the Ceramic White PSPs and also when you downgrade you can also upgrade back to v2.0 also

The downgrader for v2.0 down to V1.50 is released and its confirmed working by multiple sources including admin from pspupdates and well as the hitmen team.

For now check out this topic for more info and please dont upload the 1.5 eboot to the forums, the downgrader is ok but the firmware will cause major problems for any site hosting it, youve been warned

Heres the readme.txt:

Downgrading 2.00 -> 1.50 method
    -------------------------------

Requires :
    ----------

- PSP 2.00 (if you have an 1.51 or 1.52, update to 2.00)
    - The 1.50 EBOOT.PBP update
    - MPHDowngrader

Installation :
    --------------

- Create a UPDATE folder in PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick
    - Copy EBOOT.PBP (update 1.50) in UPDATE folder
    - Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip
    - Copy overflow.tif in your PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick
    - Copy h.bin in root of your memory stick
    - Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick
    - Plug the AC adaptor

Then, enter in VSHELL PHOTO MENU, this will launch Version Changer.

Create an USB connection and if the Version Changer has been installed, a new file is created in your root of your memory stick (ms0:/index.dat.bak).

Then go to VSHELL GAME MENU and launch 1.50 update.

Follow the instructions ...

Download Below (via the comments) and follow the instructions to the letter

More discussion here -->

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11352

More tutorials etc in the comments

Blog Entries

The Dan posted this on pspupdates as well:

Welcome to 1.50, PSP firmware 2.0 users! MPH has created a WORKING downgrader from PSP firmware 2.0 to firmware 1.50. This takes advantage of the toc2rta exploit and allows for the full downgrade of firmware 2.0 to firmware 1.50. I have tried this myself and have successfully downgraded from firmware 2.0 to firmware 1.50.

Although this has been tried and found working, this does not mean there is no risk involved so use at your own risk.

Steps to use the MPH downgrader:
    - Create an UPDATE folder in the /PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick
    - Copy EBOOT.PBP (update 1.50) in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder
    - Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip
    - Copy overflow.tif in your PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick
    (make sure you have changed your background to frame_buffer.png as explained in the toc2rta exploit.)
    - Copy h.bin in root of your memory stick
    - Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick
    - Plug the AC adaptor

What you do next is go into the Photo Menu on the PSP and it will show some jumbled text, which is normal. Wait about 30 seconds and then restart your PSP.

From there you will now have a new file in your PSP’s root directory called ms0:/index.dat.bak. In the next step you will go to you Game Menu, Then Memory Stick, and then Launch “PSP Update ver 1.50.”

It will then ask you to downgrade and lead you along to installing. Here is where I got scared. It installed to 99% then errored. This is OK. Restart your PSP and reboot it. It will come up with another error which is OK as well. Restart it again and you will have PSP firmware version 1.50. Enjoy, and welcome to the world of legal homebrew, not piracy.

DCEmu Rookie

oh my god!!!!

q. do i have the balls
    a. no, i will research more thoroughly.

needless to say, omfg!!!!!!!!

edit: ok a noob question, where can i get the eboot.pbp?

edit 2. dont wory, its in the readme.

will edit with results. i could almost wet myself with anticipation

AHAAAA ahooo aheeeee

the blue screen scared the sh*t out of me! they didnt say anything about any blue screen! needless to say, press circle and its all sweet.

i followed the instuctions on pspupdates to the letter. i cleared out all the gunk that was in my root dir. i also removed my mp_root dir for some reason, it made me feel safer. i have a european 1.52 upgraded to 2.0 style psp (the uk release one)

it works.

im in heaven. i now actually have a reason to visit this site!

DCEmu Regular

should i do it????

DCEmu Newbie

SUCCESS!

At first I wasn't gonna do it. After seeing the progress hackers are making with 2.0 I could just wait a few weeks and be perfectly content without having to risk bricking my lovely PSP.

But when it came right down to it I just couldn't resist. It kept calling out for me... "DOWNGRADE ME, RENZATIC! PILLAGE ME RAVAGE ME MAKE ME A WOMAN", so I figured I'd go ahead and do it. After all, I can't ignore my electronics calling out thinly vieled innuendos at me...and I have a one year replacement warrent on the thing, if I ended up killing it I could just go back to EB and switch it for a new one.

Sure enough, after a few glances through the readme and a tense 2-3 minutes of garbled text, corruption warnings, and other scary stuff...it worked. All I had to do was set the date again, rename my PSP, and it's running bios v. 1.50.

I don't recommend doing it if you don't have the cash for another or you don't have a replacement warrenty like I do. But...it worked for me and it seems to be doing alright.

wow, talk about left field.. a mere 4 days after that was discovered, success

being a 1.50 user, it doesn't help me a lot, but i'm so very glad that this happened ^^

happy homebrewing, former 2.0 users ^_^

oh yeah oh yeah!! This is a great day for PSP0rs. We kindly welcome the 2.0 clans to the wicked emulation/homebrew scene. Enjoy!

I pray this works... I'll say the results after it's over. If this crashes, I am gonna be SOOOO PI--I mean--MAAAAD!!!!

I've seen many posts that it confirms this works, so I'm gonna go for it, but if this crashes, I'm in trouble!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Haha looks like Yoshi wasted no time getting MPH (also from France) to join his new team and get some credit haha. I guess he accomplished this downgrade by using Yoshihiro's version changer or by the same sort of method so its fair. By changing the firmware version, 1.50 UPDATE could be run. Great work guys. Can't wait to see what SonyXTeam can do.

Anyway great news for the scene and all people with European PSPs who were forced to have 1.52.

DCEmu Rookie

just played first homebrew game! it was sh.. crappy, but it was *homebrew*!!!! now for teh emulatoorrzzzzzz oh happy day! oh happy joyous day.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information