Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOSBox - Coming soon to a dreamcast near you !!!

ok finally figure out the mounting issue, but all i can do is list the directory contents of the mounts still need to figure out if I need a particular dosbox.conf setting to get something to work or if I still have some code fixes to do

Also if someone could runs dosbox 0.60 and give me their dosbox.conf that works with some dos game on the pc so i can at least have something that i know works with that version, preferably something that might run ,within the constraints of the dreamcast hardware.

thanks

ok got a couple things running now, PacPC and Pango slowly but they are running.

DCEmu Newbie

I would like to give some "ideas" for this emulator, if doesn't bother: I think that using CPU cycles near 1500 and with a frameskip of two or three (it can be configured thru "dosbox.conf" file) at least in PC version, things speeds up a lot and the emulation doesn't feel choppy. According to the creators of this emu, the biggest emulation time is on the VGA emulation, so frameskip is our best friend. There is OpenGL emulation for the VGA card in DOSBox, but (in my computer) runs slower than the default renderer, but anyways, I don't know if it would be possible to emulate the VGA via hardware rendering on DC, time (and coders ) will say... Another thing, I think that it would be better to start without sound emulation (that can be configured in "dosbox.conf" too). Good luck GPF and others with this project!

yes thanks, yeah the biggest issue right now is finding compatible games that work with dosbox 0.60 , since 0.63 is out now most discussion are about that version. Iv been playing around with the dosbox.conf also. I havent tried the opengl settings as the standard sdl settings is working , im using chui's latest SDL driver so I believe its doing direct rendering anyway. Finally got sound working last night, kind of neat to here the bings boinsg etc

Troy

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, I was talking about v0.63, sorry... I'm going to test the v0.60 to see compatibility. Congrats for getting sound working! And some ideas to implement an on-screen keyboard in some future release (like Frodo-DC)? Because I'm sure that most DC gamers doesn't have a DC keyboard and it would be a great implementation. Good luck, and take your time!!

i think before I try to implement a virtuall keyboard, Ill work on a method of assigning keyboard keys to the controller buttons, and possibly make the joystick of the controller into a virtual mouse, and have it be enabled by some settings in the dosbox.conf . Not sure when Ill get to that though. Iv submitted DosboxDC to the dreamon contest so it should be released soon.

Troy

DCEmu Rookie

the compatibility list is mostly updated now to .063 indeed, but there's still some games tested for 0.60 and versions below over at the dosbox page.
    see:
    http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_l...c1ea4a28500184

e.g. Cannonfodder, Hardball 3, Ultima 6. Over 500 Games are supported according to their site.

DCEmu Newbie

How would you describe the performace of the DOS games/apps that you've tried on the DC?

Are the Soundblaster 16, Gravis Ultrasound and other sound cards enabled in the DC port?

Will the "dosbox.conf" be configurable and saved to the VMU? Or will it have to be edited on a PC and burned to the CD?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information