Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FreeDo the 3D0 emulator Coming Soon ?

Blog Entries

General games FreeDo the 3D0 emulator Coming Soon ?

I was messaged this news a few days back but im so forgetful and over worked i forgot to post it but heres what i was messaged:

"The creator of the only 3DO emulator FreeDO has posted this in his message boards (www.freedo.org) regarding the next release....

"--- it's nearly ready -- few minor fixes and I'm releasing bunch of versions --
    PocketPC, DC, MacOsX, Win32, RedHat/SuSE/FedoraCore3 i386.

so, you should expect them by friday - monday (Nov 21st)."

Lets hope this baby does get released

I am very excited. Can't wait to see this bad boy in action

DCEmu Newbie

Ooh, this ought to be interesting. As I remember, Admin was actually working on a devkit for 3DO. He actually helped me compile it; it was my first time using cygwin.. not to mention cross-compiling and bootstrapping. We did get it running, though. I wonder how he's doing with that; it would be nice to get a 3DO homebrew scene started..

- Gio

=) GOOD!!!! i wait with impatience.
    But freedo was'nt an emulator to payament?
    There are good possibility of see work to full speed?

To be able to play 3do games on my Dreamcast will be awsome

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DARKGATE
    =) GOOD!!!! i wait with impatience.
    But freedo was'nt an emulator to payament?
    There are good possibility of see work to full speed?
    Nope, FreeDO has always been free. They did have some issues with not being entirely open source, though, because they used some of 3DO's code (with permission). But free, yes.

And while I dunno about the DC version, the PC version worked quite well, IIRC. I'm gonna have to dig my 3DO gear out of the garage and test it.

- Gio

DCEmu Rookie

I thought the PS2 and Xbox versions were supposed to come at a price. They made preorders a long time ago, but not much happenend. I was a bit worried, but I'm utterly surprised that the DC version is now coming out coded by the authors of Freedo themselves.
    Let's see, I very much hope this materializes.

I disapointed a lot of people with the delays of scenedicate a.k.a. the former Dreamcast Demo Disc as well as the GP32-DC linkcable (still a working prototype exists btw) and I learned about how to anounce projects the right way (at least I think so) and how you shouldn't do it.

The FreeDO coders did it the worst way you could do it. And I think not only I am very disapointed. A very very promising emulator became a buggy preversion for Windoze after years of delays... the PS2/Xbox ports should have go commercial... and according to the programmer it went to the factory four months ago... and nothing happend. The Dreamcast port should have been released a several month ago... and we even don't know if that's a hoax or not...

And now, it's 11 p.m. on the 21st November - Isreal time zone...

"so, you should expect them by friday - monday (Nov 21st)."
    ...and one hour left for the Dreamcast port. And I'm somehow very sad, yet satisfied that my feelings about this were right.

DCEmu Newbie

I hope you're wrong. I belive the FreeDO admin just moved to the USA, so perhaps Time Zones in that area are what you should go on, NOT the time in Isreal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information