Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NesterDC SE

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LBI Surf
    Eventually I'm going to make a Nester DC disc with every US release, but it won't happen for a few more weeks, right now I'm just downloading a few roms per computer visit...
    A project like this is why Lightscribe exists. The whole thing takes a while, but it's worth it (though there are a few US releases without box art/cart scans, I'll have to see what can be done about that).

Thanks, Scherzo, for possibly the best NES emulator. For any platform. Ever.

I still can't get it working. Burned 3 discs now, and while all show up on my PC in Windows Explorer with directories and files, none will boot up on my DC. Can anyone help?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow
    I still can't get it working. Burned 3 discs now, and while all show up on my PC in Windows Explorer with directories and files, none will boot up on my DC. Can anyone help?
    Discjuggler? Nero?

For Discjuggler, I've found that I have to manually set some things (Mode 2, XA, Raw, Overburn), and with Nero, 6+ can't burn DAO images correctly (they won't boot). Either use Discjuggler or Alcohol 120%, and the Discjuggler format.

HTH

I been using Discjuggler and its been fine with things like the Beats of Rage collection and that Amstrad CPC emulator I saw somewhere a while back. Though I did update Discjuggler a few weeks ago so maybe some of the settings got messed. I'll have another go if I can find some blank CDs left.

Duh, now I got one that does boot but theres nothing to play on it. Really should have checked the file size of the CD image on that one before wasting a disc. Gonna try again. Think I'm on my last blank CD now...

Yeah your not the only one having problems. I waited 2 days to get all downloaded for some reason the roms didnt end up in the image but btw my roms were on a CD-Rom. But once everything was downloaded i found the folder where everything was hiding put the roms in the roms folder located in the Library yes uncompressed cause at this time i didnt know they had to be compressed.

I made 2 images one using Selfboot and the other using Dir2boot and both i made a CDI image. The problem now is it boots but once i go to browse library nothing shows up from any of the directories in the library folder. I done this cause i have been running into so many problems using the NesterDC SE CD Builder program and after waiting 2 days i dont know if i want to wait that long again or just do it at somebodies house who has high speed.

Anyways this emu still sounds really amazing to me and i wish to use it but at this moment i'm very confused.

Eric

Copy the ROMs to a folder on your HDD before starting the Disk Builder.
    The ROMs need a ".NES" extension. They can be zipped but then they shouldn't be merged or something like that. Each game should have its own ".ZIP" file.
    The Nester SE Disc Builder will automatically rename and (re)ZIP them while building your disc.

If you are on DIAL UP or other slow connections, please UNCHECK at least the MANUALS flag in NesterDC SE's CD Builder. This will dramatically speed up the disc building process.

Thanks for this one Scherzo.

Okay well nevermind i finally got it working from the 2 day previous downloading i just copied all the folders in the pre_cd folder and put all the roms in there aswell. From there on it worked.

Now that i got a working copy i'd like to know one thing. Everytime I play RC Pro Am 2 which is 4 player how come player 3's controller can control 1 Players controller and player 4 can control player 2's controller but 1 and 2 only control themselves which i would love if all controls would just play themselves instead of everyone elses so i can have an actual play without mess ups.

Eric

Ah ha! I got it working with my very last blank disc. Only thing that was different was that I let the builder start up Discjuggler rather than me having DJ already open like I was before.

Boots, there are games, pics, music and everything. Just playing Batman right now (which I still got on cart for my NES) and it feels fantastic. Great work on this emulator. All emulators should be like this.

Btw the magnification on the manuals is impressive. Feels like I'm zooming in so much I'd be seeing molecules and all that...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information