Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NesterDC SE Problems?

DCEmu Newbie

Question NesterDC SE Problems?

I grabbed it last night and have run in to the following issues : Im helping the creator recreate the problem for feedback.

Just curious, has anyone else?
    + Not gotten one nero image to burn? Mine all coaster, and the ones that don't don't load past the 'consolevision' logo. only cdi format works (using alcohol 120%).

+not been able to get a cd with more then 10 roms on it to run past the consolevision logo. It always kicks me back to the (Play, Music, Ect menu) after a few seconds.

I have only selected Game Genie and TitleShots as well.

Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Weird thing that happened to me: Took my old Nester DC 6.0 CD, and copied the Roms on my hd, because they were perfectly sorted.

NesterSE regognized only a few games...

So I had to take all the unsorted stuff, und burn it. Too lazy to go through the work again.

Can't say anything about nero, im using DJ.

DCEmu Newbie

ok, the games need the .nes ending.

DCEmu Newbie

Well, I never had that issue, already had em in .nes and/or zip format.

I got bored and tinkerd with all the js files, redid the gfx in PS.. This thing is REALLY customizable. For the hell of it loaded up a crapload of roms, set it to only Title Shot and Game Genie.. It did its thing, and bamo.. Works now.

So I suppose its just some odd fluke that it happens ? But I made 6 coasters in all getting this one great one (and one with just mario 3) to work properly.

Still Lovin it though.. God bless SE!

Regarding the Nero image:

Quote Originally Posted by Me, Myself, and I
    The Nero image the CD builder creates is a DAO Nero image and Nero 6 does not support them. My suggestion is to create a DiscJuggler image, then open cdi2nero.exe that's in the same folder as the CD builder. Then, select your CDI image, but when it tells you to save the Nero image, in the drop-down box (Save as type) select "Nero TAO image", then save it.

That'll be your working Nero 6 image.

The new nero seems not to burn images that the dreamcast recongnizes. Is there a way to fix this?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

nero 6 will burn TAO images ok, it just has a problem with DAO images (which are more common)

Quote Originally Posted by law56ker
    The new nero seems not to burn images that the dreamcast recongnizes. Is there a way to fix this?
    Did you like, totally miss my post directly above you or what?

Quote Originally Posted by law56ker

Nero 6 burns TAO fine for the DC. DAO images, which apparently that's what NesterDC SE creates, have some issue when the TOC gets written. This causes the DC (and pretty much most other CD ROM devices) to think the disc is a music CD.

so you'll either have to burn with a lower version of Nero (not sure how low you have to go, but I've heard Nero 5 works), burn the CDI image using Alcohol 120%, or go complain to Ahead about there apparent goof.

DCEmu Newbie

Question button delay

I grabbed the nesterdc se zip file off the website today. I was able to build the cdi image perfectly under windows 98 and then i was able to burn it so it worked fine so far. Everything looks great. Thanks for the manuals and such.

So here is my problem. I can't even play super mario brothers because when i tell him to jump he waits about half a second. That reaction time stops me from getting past the first few boards of the game. Im glad that it works at all but in games that are dependent on reaction times... even that little delay lands me in a pit.

Im willing to do what it takes to fix it if someone can tell me how. I have tried repacking the image several times and I have tried older and newer versions of the emulator. I dont know what else to do. I dont mine recompiling the program if necessary.

Please help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information