Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone disappointed with the DS?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Anyone disappointed with the DS?

Hi - had a DS now for almost 2 weeks and bought mario 64.

Is anyone slightly disappointed with the DS? I have owned all the models of the gameboy and there was never any question of me going for the PSP.

I know its still early days but the first wave of games are pretty awful. I had mario 64 on the N64 - didnt much like it but thought would give it another go on the DS . . .hmmm still dont like it.

The touchscreen works very well with metroid and cant wait for the full version and goldeneye - but for mario i find it quite akward. I own an iPAQ PDA so am used to the touch screen concept was kinda sceptical with it on the DS. I think it can work but developers need to make sure that they dont just use the touchscreen because its there and add a little gimmick to a game - it needs to add some value to the whole experience.

The games out at the moment in my opinion are quite poor and even the next wave of games (ridge racer etc) have been getting relatively poor reviews. I think i am going to remain disappointed with the system for a few more months yet until goldeneye and zelda make an appearance.

Dont get me wrong i think the DS has the potential to do very well and although i have criticised it i think its more a software problem at the moment.

Anyway would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions on the DS now that they have one in their hands so to speak.

Rgds

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Anyone disappointed with the DS?

And another thing . . .:-)

Anyone find that the DS is flipping heavy!? Noticed this when playing the mini games in mario 64 . . .hmm maybe this will go away after a few weeks when my forearms get used to the weight :P

Anyway hope people dont think i am bashing the DS - i still think is gonna do a grand job just gonna take time . . . Like i said i have had it for 2 weeks and only played on it for an hour or so . . . .

I am midway thru Zelda Minish Cap and have gone back to GBA SP . . . . .

DCEmu Newbie

You've only bought a single game, And that is a game that you didn't like before so what did you expect?

Try not to limit your purchases by the reviews, You'll miss out on countless great experiences just because some idiot doesn't respect the franchise or see the game as a "bit hitter".

Media reviews are coming more and more irrelevent due to the erroneous expectations that are put on software, Just try to enjoy something without the pretension thats placed upon them.

Try Feel the Magic if you can, and Zoo Keeper is well worth a look at the end of December.

DCEmu Rookie

thats why im waiting untill around march cos then there will be alot better games out then!!!

You complete ****TARD had it for 2 weeks and only played on it for one hour. Some of us normal people aren't as lucky as you are!!!!

Stupid Bastard

DCEmu Newbie

Warney - thank you for you eloquent response regarding my initial post. As much as i respect your comments i feel that unless you are able to express yourself without the use of such derogatory language you should not even bother posting.

It's probably people like you and the comments you make that put people off from posting on the forum.

If i was to lower myself to your level i would call you a prat - but since i have more respect for other peoples opinion i will refrain.

Rgds

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

warney, tringo is right. There was no need for post like that and it clear in the forum rules that flameing can get you BANNED. This is a warning, don't do it again.

Look lets be honest, the DS was designed to attempt to do something different with a handheld, DONT GET ME STARTED ON A FANBOY RANT, I'm ****ing sick of FanBoys, Give it up people, lets all just apreciate whats out there, this isnt a battle, would you fight to the death to defend a console manufacturer??? NO, I didnt think so, every system has its good and bad points, if you like a certain game/games then great but dont try and subvert others opinions with loose talk about this or that, please people lets not let this Forum degenerate like so many others out there, we are all here because we are Games fans, I'm 31 Ive been at this since I was about 5 years old, I know what I'm talking about here so please people have some respect for yourselves and each other.

[quote author=warney link=board=NDS;num=1102506330;start=0#4 date=12/08/04 at 09:15:05] You complete ****TARD had it for 2 weeks and only played on it for one hour. Some of us normal people aren't as lucky as you are!!!!

Stupid Bastard[/quote]

don't talk to other forum members like that, i'm giving you a warning now- do it again and you'll be banned.

forgetmenot

The olny thing that dissapoints me about the ds is that there r no online games for it right now and probly wont be for a wile. and i am also a bit dissapointed with the games that r out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information