Thread: Nintendo Points to be non-transferable

Rev Nintendo Points to be non-transferable

via Games Industry

Nintendo has revealed that each Nintendo Points card, recently announced alongside the Nintendo DSi, for its digital distribution shop can be used for either the handheld or the Wii and cannot be split between both, according to Siliconera.

At a recent Japanese press conference, Nintendo renamed Wii Points to Nintendo Points because they could also be spent in the DSi store.

The points cards come in 1000, 3000 and 5000 points amounts, with the premium titles for DS costing 200, 500 or 800, however once used on one of the consoles they cannot be used on the other, meaning each card has to be dedicated to the DSi or Wii shop.

It is believed that the reason behind this is that customer shopping information for the Wii isn't stored online but rather on the console itself and without an account system in place there is no way that consumers could share unspent DSi points with their Wii.

Every time I read news about DSi I think to myself, "It's impossible for Nintendo to make this product seem any less appealing." But then there's a new news story and I'm proven wrong. I can't count how many times this has happened.

As far as I'm concerned, the DSi is the successor to the Virtual Boy.

DCEmu Rookie

epic fail sigh

DCEmu Newbie

Couldn't agree more re: Virtual Boy resemblance...

However, I can understand the points issue between the two systems; however, why allow the Wii to download the DS titles and then download to the DS(i) - just as DS demos are able to be now...

Thread Information