Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Reliable Game Hardware Ever?

Blog Entries

General games What's The Most Reliable Game Hardware Ever?

So let's talk. Let's TELL US DAMMIT. Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Oh ho ho.

Question: What's the most reliable gaming hardware you've ever owned? (Note: Don't tell us your *least* reliable one — we'll do that in a future TUD.)

http://kotaku.com/5088106/whats-the-...-hardware-ever

Gameboy Color for me. Everything I have owned before that has had some problem but my GBC still works perfectly.

It would have to be the Nes. Took many beating with frustration and long hours of gameplay. On that line, pretty much all nintendo consoles that I have. They have survived falls even the gamecube while playing a game and never quit. All good in my opinion.

DCEmu Rookie

Mine would have to be my Intellivision. It still works like a charm from the early 80's. I have 60+ cartridges most of them with their overlays and boxes, just missing a lot of instruction manuals. I have the speech synthesizer add-on as well. It still talks away to this day (remember B-52 Bomber and others?). A great console system, better than the Atari 2600 in my opinion and a lot of fun. Love playing pitfall and other arcade games such as Mr. Do and Tron Solar Sailer and Deadly Discs. Stampede by Activision is a lot better than the sad 2600 version. Oh can't forget the Smurfs, Cabbage Patch Kids, and Burger Time, they all ROCK!!!

DCEmu Pro

Mine is probably the sega genesis. that thing took more damage than knights of the round, from ff7 can deal.

I don't own one but I think the Gamecube is the most reliable

Cause I think it was made for that purpose, to endure any kind of beat up a child could do. It even has a handle

DCEmu Newbie

CD-i, I've played the hell outta that thing and I've never even had to clean the eye.

P.S. It's almost impossible to find CD-i games but they have a exclusive zelda, link and mario game(don't worry your not missing much, they pretty much suck)

Gameboy. Regular, original Gameboy. I don't recall it ever freezing on me. Also, we had three to begin with, and two still function to this day. The other one had the unfortunate fate of sitting in the sun for too long.

DCEmu Newbie

My original Atari 2600 still works to this day. As it's my oldest console still functioning, it will get my vote.

DCEmu Legend

For older console I'd say Super Nintendo.

For newer I'd say the DS Lite has proved pretty darn rugged, reliable, and can take a beating.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information