Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marfitude SDL

DCEmu Newbie

Default Marfitude SDL

Been a while that i wanted this SDL game to be ported on Dreamcast. I know it is possible but needs quite a lot of work, so i guess some dc coders might want to join toghether to get that one done. It's a musical game just like Amplitude that is on PS2, but it's using MOD music files as music tracks. A while ago i even did a mod of the graphics to make it look even more like Amplitude on PS2.

You can virtually put as much MOD files you want and play on them and it saves your highest score as well. Anyway if anyone is interested in trying to port that one i can always provide the modified graphics and DC cd cover i did.

here's a link to the website of the game Source and Windows Binary are available there: http://www.erestar.net/games/marfitude/

here's how the cover looked for the modified version, it's also showing a little bit of how the graphics of the game were modified as well:

Let's hope some people will want to work on it.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Marfitude SDL

It'd be awesome if that was ported! Amplitude is fantastic

Blog Entries

certainly looks nice

DCEmu Coder

Hi

Here is the source to DC version of Marfitude:
    http://mekanaizer.planetaclix.pt/files/marfitude.zip

-The marfitude lib is ported to DC.
    -SDL part of the source is ok for DC still it needs some minor work (joy_pad)
    -the main problem is that it uses openGL (init by SDL) and this part of the source needs to be re-writen for DC. glfunc.c is the file to work.

-read the *.txt over \romdisk\

sorry i didn't make it, but i don't know DC version of openGL very well. So i release this to someone complete the port. :/

-Mekanaizer-

&&
    Don't dream, play DreamCast!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks a lot for your kind help Mekanaizer, everything is always appreciated. I knew that the use of opengl was to be a problem for many, probaby why there aint many homebrew using openGL on dreamcast.

Anyway if anyone is trying to do something with it, pm me i can send thru e-mail the graphics modifications if needed.

Upon first glance it looks like most of the stuff that isn't in bero's libGL and the standard KGL is in KGL-X.

I'll give it a try, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

DCEmu Newbie

Well thanks for even trying, many could have just overlook it, hehe

Pic from game (win):

DCEmu Newbie

Hehe, no offense but people that really were interested probably already saw that screenshot on the link i gave in the initial post.

Anyway, that's allright, will make it easier to compare with this screen of the modification i made. What i did so far was redoing 'glowing-like' track borders, replaced some ugly texture that were in the original, added the spaceship from Amplitude game and made 3 clear targets to replace the 3 blue dots that were use to aim, also modified the text colors and effects. Overlayed menu is all new as well. I wanted to add a static background to the game, but it was looking too weird, and it took away the 3d perspective too much.

Here's how it looks:

well I ended up replacing beros libgl with KGLX for use with SDL.

Here is a rough alpha scrambled binary. Some textures are missing, text and the backplane textures disappears randomly.

The game is playable with the keyboard -
    U - Left laser
    I - Middle Laser
    O - Right Laser

Curser keys - move back and forth

ESC brings up the logo and enter brings up the menu, but the text is missing.

Everything is embedded in the romdisk right now, so you can only play the mod file that came with the source.

This binary is scrambled so I would recommend descrambling and putting it on a multisession cdr and boot it with demomenu etc, since its still very alpha.

http://www.storm-studios.net/GPF/Marfitude.rar

Well let me know what you think. Ill hopefully get the rest of sourcecode cleaned up and everything posted in the next couple days.

Enjoy,
    Troy Davis(GPF)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information