Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPENMUGEN

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: OPENMUGEN

man, Mugen would sure be sweat on the dreamcast, i guess we can only dream...

Here's what I extract from the DC scene every single time I read one of these threads:

open source...port it...no originality...I've been waiting for this because no one is original...open source...port it.....not enough RAM....ahhhh...Windows CE.....noooo Direct X...noooo Open GL...port it....make it happen

I'll try to post again when I'm in a better mood.

Soon as my dreamcast arrives (better buy a coders cable too, burning onto CDR/CDRW may be inconveniant to do to test builds), I'll start porting my AirStrike Enhanced to DC (it's gonna be a fantastic shooter), my other project at the moment is a 2D RTS, it *was* going to be a StarCraft Clone with several enhancements etc, but I'll think I'll just make a RTS not based on StarCraft, DC has keyboard + mouse so it'll be good, i'll make it multiplayer compatible with Windows and Linux version, everything I've been doing recently is in Dev-C++ and SDL, I'll see if I can get LAN support into the DC via the broadband adapter and plugging into a router/switch etc...

Anyway, whats the *best* setup for developing for the Dreamcast, is it DCFreeDev? I just want to do C++/ASM and possibly SDL, I want to produce efficient fast compiled code etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information