Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miss Driller

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Miss Driller

Ian Michael has ported the classic game Miss Driller to the Dreamcast, heres what he says:[br][br] I have ported Miss driller SDL. The controls are fixed as best I could with the time I had to do this. The game is very nice, classy as it is almost an exact copy of the retail MR driller. This game port is 100% speed, the in game controls are a touch senstive, which means it's hardish to play, but of course it's fully playable once you are use to that. I will update this and add more polish in the coming months I even have a mod in the works. This game has sound effects and is complete. High score table, scrolling animated menus etc. When I update the source im going to include sound track music. And mod-able-ness. Controls Analog stick left right up down very sensertive. Only hold the down halfway as it is very sensitive. (There is no sensitivity threshold yet- will be fixed in the next release) Press A to confirm menu choices Press X to simulated the enter button *EG* for the high score table [br][br]Download from Here

Default Re: Miss Driller

Great, but i prefer a sbi file...

DCEmu Regular

You know you can make your own SBI files right and the fact is that bin files are better because more people can use it and people who dont wanna use SBI can use it. Sure you can use SBI's as just bin selfboots but alot of times people dont leave a readme telling how the file structure should be for bin files. Such as what the directory names for roms should be. Maybe its game, maybe its roms, hell maybe its files. Sure that doesnt matter on this but still this file is super easy for anything to do. It will take you all of 3 seconds to load it in selfboot.

[quote author=Hola link=board=homebrew;num=1092841579;start=0#2 date=08/18/04 at 16:56:38]You know you can make your own SBI files right and the fact is that bin files are better because more people can use it and people who dont wanna use SBI can use it.[/quote]SBIs are awesome. Binary downloads are a thing of the past - you don't need them. As a matter of fact, Consolevision is working to remove all binaries from their pages. Just SBI and source downloads are all you need.

If you want a plain binary from the SBI, all you have to do is open it with your favorite ZIP extraction tool (SBIs are just renamed ZIPfiles), go to Inducer/Games, Inducer/Emus, or Inducer/Apps respectively, and extract the binfile. You've now got an unscrambled binary you can do anything with.

Sure you can use SBI's as just bin selfboots but alot of times people dont leave a readme telling how the file structure should be for bin files. Such as what the directory names for roms should be.
    That's what Sbinducer v4 is for - it reads zipfile messages and displays the readme at the side of the program. Once all of the SBIs on Sbiffy are converted to v4 format, your afforementioned problem will be moot.

I know, i can make my own sbi (just unscramble bin and use sbimaker) but i`m too lazy :P

Maybe some one (Curt?) relieve me?

DCEmu Regular

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=homebrew;num=1092841579;start=0#4 date=08/18/04 at 17:08:36]
    SBIs are awesome. *Binary downloads are a thing of the past - you don't need them. *As a matter of fact, Consolevision is working to remove all binaries from their pages. *Just SBI and source downloads are all you need.

If you want a plain binary from the SBI, all you have to do is open it with your favorite ZIP extraction tool (SBIs are just renamed ZIPfiles), go to Inducer/Games, *Inducer/Emus, or Inducer/Apps respectively, and extract the binfile. *You've now got an unscrambled binary you can do anything with.

That's what Sbinducer v4 is for - it reads zipfile messages and displays the readme at the side of the program. *Once all of the SBIs on Sbiffy are converted to v4 format, your afforementioned problem will be moot.[/quote]Ohh thats really awsome with the side file readme's. I'd gladly switch over once they're all in that format.

[quote author=Hola link=board=homebrew;num=1092841579;start=0#6 date=08/18/04 at 17:35:19]Ohh thats really awsome with the side file readme's. I'd gladly switch over once they're all in that format.[/quote]Yeah, BurnerO really outdid himself with Selfboot Inducer v4. It can create single game discs without Dream Inducer, it can create multimenu DreamInducer discs (Emus/Apps/Games), it can create single menu discs (all emus/apps/games on the same menu). Plus, you've got the afforementioned readme inside of Selfboot Inducer, plus the requisite creation of images (DiscJuggler, Nero DAO, Nero TAO), or direct burning through CDRecord. There's no reason not to use it anymore if you're in Windows - it does everything.

[quote author=M@jk link=board=homebrew;num=1092841579;start=0#5 date=08/18/04 at 17:18:05]I know, i can make my own sbi (just unscramble bin and use sbimaker) but i`m too lazy :P

Maybe some one (Curt?) relieve me?[/quote]

If I get a chance I will. I've been so busy trying to get Mods of Rage moved over, that I haven't had much time to mess with SBI's. I'm trying to get back into doing that stuff, though, so I may have time in the next day or so.

Ohh thats really awsome with the side file readme's. I'd gladly switch over once they're all in that format.
    All of the new ones should be in that format, and I have already converted quite a few to that format.
    There is a list of all the readme's I've done, but I don't remember whether the "Uploaded to Sbiffy" list is up-to-date. You can find it here <------ That's a link.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Okay first of i have to tell you a few things and i have said this in the past and its not in anger. I used SBI before it worked in the past but now wont i have done all the tutorials it just wont work on my pc.

So what i am going to ask seen as how i cant make a Nero Image or even make a cdi image and then transfor it to Nero image and that wont work and I do have alcohol and tried installing that worked in the past but now wont cause of a driver that interfears with it.

What i am asking is if someone can make a SBI disk with that one game,it must be a nero image and send to my email [email protected] and it has to be compressed try that email or [email protected]. Thanks to who all can help out cause i am dieing to play this game for who all doesnt help shame on you.

Thanks Again

Eric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information