Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i've downgraded from 2.5 - 1.0 successfuly

DCEmu Newbie

Wink i've downgraded from 2.5 - 1.0 successfuly

.....and i have no idea how - i have an original jap version 1 psp, i upgraded all the firmwares along the way so i could play all the latest games, most recently GTA LCS.

so, while awaiting homebrew to become available again, i left my psp to gather dust (thought gta was disapointing) so today i boot it up - no luck. dead. oh its the battery ok, so i plug it in and boot up burnout legends. then it decides to crash with a black screen with all sorts of gibberish on it - not hex codes or anythin just crap (letters and symbols in tripples ie. 333 ;'# bbb hhh mmm nnn jjj etc..) half the screen was full of this so i hold the power switch for 10 seconds to kill the system

when i reboot, im asked for all my details again then to boot burnout i need to upgrade to 1.52! :-0 so i decline and recheck the system info and it reads as firmware version 1.00 - WEIRD!

has this happened to anyone else?? anyway sweet for me, im going back to version 1.5

Awesome. I actually believed you for a second.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Newbie

no probs, it happened and i dont know why - homebrew isnt working at the moment and i still have a web browser but my system info says its version 1.0

im waiting for it to charge fully so i can upgrade to 1.52 with my burnout legends disc (or is there another way to upgrade to 1.5 so i dont have to go to 1.52 -> 2.0 -> 1.5?? can i load the 1.5 firmware in game/update folder and do it that way??)

anyway, for the record, i think my firmware is still version 2.5 but for some reason the system thinks its 1.0 - if i can use this to ACTUALLY downgrade it'll still be somethin

dunno why you dont believe me?? anywho, i digress, I have the evidence in front of me just thought i'd share what happened but whatever...ill see what happens when its fully charged and i try to load 1.5

DCEmu Newbie

What indian cheese is saying is show a video of proof

DCEmu Newbie

hmm well i dont have a cam? anyway, i dont particularly care - i just thought this might have happened to someone else at some stage? anyway ill know soon enough - battery is at 84% charge!

i probably should have titled the thread to "possibly"

PSP User

Uhh, if it's just an internet browser, then you're most likely at 2.0, but, if there's another icon under the network icon, then that's probably a good thing.

DCEmu Newbie

yeah but my system status says version 1.0 yet i can still use the browser - is this not unusual? its acting like a 2.0 + but yet i cannot play burnout legends cuz it says i need to update to 1.52 which is on the umd.

I cannot load homebrew tho so i am going to upgrade to 1.5 as soon as the battery is charged.

DCEmu Newbie

well i upgraded and got the blue screen saying it wasnt complete (it got to 99%) so i cold booted again, now it says i have 1.5 and the browser is gone!

what is the required firmware to run gta? cuz that is what i had on it - then i went to 1.0 now im at 1.5

I care not if anyone believes what happened here, fact is my PSP is back in business

GP2X Coder/Moderator

GTA needs 2.0/

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmm......locked? yes

No one likes hoaxers. Posting a picture would prove nothing by the way. How do we know if he had 1.0 to start with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information