Thread: Supercard CF Question

DCEmu Newbie

Default Supercard CF Question

Hi, I already have a Supercard CF, but i was wondering, is it compatible with CF type II? I found a 6gb one that I want to buy but was wondering if it would be compatible. Thanks.

i think there is a 2 gig limit to how much the supercard can read. i think you need to partition it into 2 gig partitions if you want to use the full 6 gig.

i have absolutely no idea what a cf type 2 is - could you elaborate on any differences?

No....they are not compatible. Well they can be used but you would have to modify the SC slot so it would fit. And they drain the DS batteries after about only 30 minutes. So technically you COULD use one, but they are not pratical and as a result, not officially supported. Stick with Type I

DCEmu Newbie

Thankyou. CF type II is a faster Cf card. I guess it has a different shape according to 754 boy, but i've never seen one. By the way, if I were to partition a 4gig into 2 seperate 2gig hd, how would i select which one to run?

DCEmu Newbie

I don't know what the nonsense is about partitions. Just make sure you format the disk in FAT format and you can use up to a 4 GB card. There's a win32 port of mkdosfs that you can use to do the format.

Thread Information