Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 31 - How Long have you Been into Homebrew/Emulation ?

DCEmu Newbie

Since the Dreamcast here

I started on the community in 2000, when I visited DCemulation.com for the first time. I'm still in this community since this site opens. And I hope it will last longer.

I got interested in Homebrew because of the PSP. The ability to play SNES on my portable console manage to hook me up.

DCEmu Newbie

For me... it started back in 1997, a friend told me that a program existed which lets you play SNES on your PC (ZSNES), wow i though.
    Getting more interested in emulators, i got a hold of Neorage and M.A.M.E. and later on UltraHLE. I think these were the early days of emulation on PC and in time having a dreamcast, the Homebrew/Emulation scene came to my console aswell.

Thanks! for all the excellent programmers who made this all happen!

DCEmu Newbie

Another old-timer here with fond memories of NESticle and Genecyst. I remember being amazed that I could coax my 486 into playing Turtles in Time at something like 15 FPS. But, hey, that was playable! All thoughout the late 90s and 2000s, I kept Emu news sites bookmarked so I could grab the latest releases as soon as they came out. (nowadays I'm a little less OCD about it)

I used to code for the ancient systems (Sinclair, Commodore) back in the 80's so homebrew as pretty much always been in my blood. Emulation got me gripped around '97/8 when a friend of mine introduced me to a Sega Master System emulator called MEKA.

DCEmu Rookie

nesticle ftw

i go back to zsnes on the pc. playing super metroid and a link to the past on my pc was so cool.

i then got a dreamcast specifically for emulation, but i didn't like the interface...loading roms into memory every time you restarted the system. i knew a hard drive based console would do the trick, but i held off on getting an xbox until n64 emulation got started, as its my all time favorite system. n64 was never perfected but the xbox is absolutely THE system to play emus on, as far as capabilities, compatibility and features go.

today i also have a psp and now a dingoo. so i'll be around in this scene forever.
    i have high hopes that the pandora will be capable of playing n64 games like blast corps, silicon valley, rogue squadron, etc with perfect emulation. ahhhh a guy can dream!

I started out dumping arcade game ROMs back in '95, then progressed to working on MAME and Retrocade by 1999. I wrote some 2600 code for an aborted game project, then started porting old DIV Game Studio games to the Dreamcast. After a while, I wrote my Dreamcast game Encounter Zone in the Fenix language. The game is pretty much finished, but due to lack of interest from the scene, I never released a full version of it. Now I just sort of check up on things from time to time, but don't really keep up anymore.
    The World Of Owen Rubin
    Atari Coinop Game Programmer #4
    http://www.orubin.com/

DCEmu Newbie

Emulation was 2002 when my older brother's friend got a disc with a GBA emulator. Homebrew came a few months after, but I didn't actually start enabling my consoles for homebrew until 2008 when I got a Games n' Music for my DS and used the Twilight Hack on my Wii.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information