Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EA says no to Sega making a NFL game

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: EA says no to Sega making a NFL game

Disnt Core make all of them?

not to sure but i do remember one year Eidos hired another company to help out for the next gen systems and the company they hired made a flop and Eidos said they were sorry for what happened and also said they will never get help with them again

DCEmu Pro

Meh tomb raider turned into just another franchise after a while, they should have got someone like Raven to do, real great level designers, and got a ready made engine, like unreal, or half-life 2's source engine, then they could make a real go of a new tomb raider, but as it stands it was jus churning out the same old rehashed bollocks every year.

DCEmu Pro

woo bollocks isnt censored.

[quote author=Alexvrb link=board=news;num=1104175217;start=0#4 date=12/27/04 at 21:41:14]They couldn't stand a little competition, which is what Sega was giving them with their lower priced, better titles. So at least on the football front, they will now totally dominate the market, which is what they desire most.[/quote]

It's funny you say that. I hadn't seen the Sega NFL games since 2K2 came out for the DC, and I'd never seen them on other consoles. Then, the other day, my stepson decided to spend his Christmas money at Circuit City. He found NFL 2K5 for his PS2 for $19.99 and picked it up. He hasn't stopped playing it since he got it. Keep in mind, he got Madden 2005 from his grandmother for Christmas. However, he's happier with NFL 2K5, which was less than half the price. I must also say that I'm really impressed with the way the game looks and plays.
    Let's hope that Sega continues to work on their engine, whether they're allowed to use the NFL copyrights and trademarks or not.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Hey i defenitly hope so aswell cause i have NFL 2k2 for the dreamcast and damn its one rocken football game. Even though i am no good at the game its good to have 3 other people playing and they sit back and have fun with it and it just makes me have fun cause of them.

Now this maybe the last game i am not to sure how many years EA is with NFL for my buddy said for a few years i dont know but EA cant do this to us cause Sega's Sports games rock even now that they have ESPN helping them out.

I also noticed when they werent working with each other ESPN and Sega had some pretty simularities to there games and that was probably the reason for them working with each other.

Eric

DCEmu Rookie

[quote author=Curtiss Grymala link=board=news;num=1104175217;start=0#14 date=12/31/04 at 04:48:41]Let's hope that Sega continues to work on their engine, whether they're allowed to use the NFL copyrights and trademarks or not.[/quote]I'm sure VC will stay on top of their game, so to speak. Who knows, maybe we will see more college football now. ;D

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i'm a bit late on this topic, but i few points;

Core have made all the tomb raider games, but they will not being making any more after the flop of last one, eidos has give the title to Crystal Dynamics to work on. but in think the team at core is not the same as it was 10 years ago, ( the guy that came up with tomb raider left after the first game, and the only game he has worked on since is gallon)

pro evo is 10x better than any fifa game that have ever player

and SWWS on the saturn is my fav football/soccer game

;D

DCEmu Pro

yeah SWWS was real good, I knew I was right about Tomb Raider! The big Lara Croft Nerd I am (not) :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information